Here is why Nike did the Kaepernick ad

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
B3-BP520_Dshot_NS_20180905021506.png

The Daily Shot: 36% of U.S. Workers Participate in the Gig Economy

Young people matter more to ad buyers than old people.

Over the past year more than 500 workers in four factories supplying to Nike, Puma, Asics and VF Corporation were hospitalised. The most serious episode, recorded over three days in November, saw 360 workers collapse. The brands confirmed the incidents, part of a pattern of faintings that has dogged the 600,000-strong mostly female garment workforce for years.

Cambodian female workers in Nike, Asics and Puma factories suffer mass faintings

If Nike Is Serious About Oppression Against People of Color, They Should Pay Their Own Workers

AHEAD of the start of the 2018 World Cup in Russia this weekend, campaigners have urged global sportswear manufacturers Adidas and Nike to pay workers at their supplier factories in Asia a fair wage.

The Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) released a report this week which claimed that workers in countries like Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam, where most of these companies’ products are produced, have seen share of the price of a pair of shoes drop by 30 percent between 1995 and 2017.

In the three nations, garment workers’ average salaries are 45 to 65 percent below the so-called “living wage” that would allow them to cover their families’ basic needs, said the global coalition of trade unions, workers and human rights groups.

Much of Adidas’ and Nike’s sportswear is made in Indonesia, where 80 percent of workers in the garment sector are women and some make as little as $102 a month while others do not earn the legal minimum wage, according to the CCC’s report.

Pay Asian workers fair wages, World Cup sportswear giants Adidas, Nike told

Way to stand up for people of color.

:clap:

It’s either ironic, or prophetic; I don’t know which... That all these companies and organizations that jump on these leftist bandwagons happen to be companies, and organizations I don’t, and haven’t supported... Hmmm...

B3-BP520_Dshot_NS_20180905021506.png

The Daily Shot: 36% of U.S. Workers Participate in the Gig Economy

That may very well be, but guess what...……………….Christmas presents, birthday presents, and any other kind of present purchased by us for our children and grandchildren, will now not be Nike. We supply the cash until young people get a job, and for most of us, our cash will not be used for anything that says Nike. Take that to the bank, and cash that check!

I agree. Now who is spending the dollars to buy those shoes?

Young people.

Nike is an old person's brand. (that includes me btw)

They've been losing share to Under Armor, which the Millennials have been buying.

Nike is trying to increase their share amongst young people.

That may very well be, but guess what...……………….Christmas presents, birthday presents, and any other kind of present purchased by us for our children and grandchildren, will now not be Nike. We supply the cash until young people get a job, and for most of us, our cash will not be used for anything that says Nike. Take that to the bank, and cash that check!

Here's the sad truth for old people - you don't really matter to advertisers.

Ad buyers covet the 18-49 demographic.

Particularly the young people.

That's because when people start buying a brand, they stay loyal to a brand over their lifetimes.

And because young people will live longer than old people, they generally have more value to corporate America.

Or this...I suspect Nike doesn't give a rat's ass about Kaepernick's "cause"...they do give a rat's ass about the bottom dollar and globalization

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….

Sort of like Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about his stupid redneck base.
He just knows there's more of them out there than people with educations who can think.

And you should be the last one for demeaning a corporation for doing what they are bound to do for their shareholders: Make a profit, mega-thighed hypocrite.

Here's the sad truth for old people - you don't really matter to advertisers.

Ad buyers covet the 18-49 demographic.

Particularly the young people.

That's because when people start buying a brand, they stay loyal to a brand over their lifetimes.

And because young people will live longer than old people, they generally have more value to corporate America.

Oh yeah! Watch any cable news channel and it's all about, "Ask your doctor if Rx is right for you!" ads.
Then switch over to FX or USA and it's all ads for bourbon and rum.

FYI I think what Kaepernick did was offensive and stupid.

But what I think doesn't change empirical fact.

To many ideologues - and that includes most people here - they want to believe that what they believe is empirical fact.

But it's not.

To many ideologues - and that includes most people here - want to believe that what they believe is empirical fact.

But it's not.

Empirical fact. Only 55% of 20 year old supported Kaepernick, hardly a strong percentage to build an ad campaign around.

To many ideologues - and that includes most people here - they want to believe that what they believe is empirical fact.

But it's not.

Beto O'Rourke explains the whole Kaepernick thing very well.
Beto is running against Ted Cruz in Texas.
And he might just win.

'I can think of nothing more American': Beto O’Rourke responds to question on NFL protests – video

But it's not.

How much do you personally spend on Nike products annually?

Forum List

Back