Here is why Nike did the Kaepernick ad

That may very well be, but guess what...……………….Christmas presents, birthday presents, and any other kind of present purchased by us for our children and grandchildren, will now not be Nike. We supply the cash until young people get a job, and for most of us, our cash will not be used for anything that says Nike. Take that to the bank, and cash that check!

Here's the sad truth for old people - you don't really matter to advertisers.

Ad buyers covet the 18-49 demographic.

Particularly the young people.

That's because when people start buying a brand, they stay loyal to a brand over their lifetimes.

And because young people will live longer than old people, they generally have more value to corporate America.

Good. They don't matter to me.

We all know it, the younger you are, the dumber you are. Brand loyalty is for idiots.

Sad truth?

I'm glad I don't matter to advertisers. I do everything I can to hide my metadata from them.

It is just the same as party loyalty, again, for idiots.

Collectivism is a fools game.

Wow...you have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

The human brain starts losing 'brain cells' when humans are about 19/20. That means past 20, you actually get stupider every, single day.

What Happens When You Lose Neurons?

Next time, don't talk about things you clearly know nothing about and you will probably not sound so staggeringly ignorant/uneducated.

Have a nice day.

The human brain starts losing 'brain cells' when humans are about 19/20. That means past 20, you actually get stupider every, single day.

That's funny. Some of the dumbest people I've ever known were teenagers.

It’s either ironic, or prophetic; I don’t know which... That all these companies and organizations that jump on these leftist bandwagons happen to be companies, and organizations I don’t, and haven’t supported... Hmmm...

Sure, you're old and usually found on your yard yelling at youth.

FYI I think what Kaepernick did was offensive and stupid.

But what I think doesn't change empirical fact.

To many ideologues - and that includes most people here - they want to believe that what they believe is empirical fact.

But it's not.
What Kaepernick did has nothing to do with patriotism, the military, or being a ‘good American.’

To contrive peaceful, lawful protest in to a ‘controversy’ is ridiculous and wrongheaded; protest that had it simply been ignored would have ended long ago.

But by foolishly contriving a non-issue into a ‘controversy’ and seeking to vilify Kaepernick, those hostile to the issue Kaepernick wishes to bring attention to have succeeded only in bringing attention to that very issue.

Nike’s support of Kaepernick is indeed smart business, but it’s as much about politics as profit.

Name other times you see people doing political protests at work

{Crickets}

Nike stock price is up again today.

At one point, it was up to $81.14 dollars per share (up from the CK ad-low of 79.60).

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/nke/interactive-chart?timeframe=5d

Man, many Trumpbots must be pissed.

The post ad low was 79.01.

Ummm...nope, it was 79.60 (actually, 79.5734).

Look for yourself...

Nike Inc. Cl B

The last time the stock was at 79.01 was in early August...well before the ad campaign was announced (I believe).

The last time the stock was at 79.01 was September 4th at 9:30.View attachment 215179

Sorry, I was thinking of something else.

I am looking at Nike Class B common stock.

I assume you are looking at their Class A price.

It does not really matter...the performances are broadly similar.

Nike stock price is up again today.

At one point, it was up to $81.14 dollars per share (up from the CK ad-low of 79.60).

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/nke/interactive-chart?timeframe=5d

Man, many Trumpbots must be pissed.

The post ad low was 79.01.

Ummm...nope, it was 79.60 (actually, 79.5734).

Look for yourself...

Nike Inc. Cl B

The last time the stock was at 79.01 was in early August...well before the ad campaign was announced (I believe).

The last time the stock was at 79.01 was September 4th at 9:30.View attachment 215179

Sorry, I was thinking of something else.

I am looking at Nike Class B common stock.

I assume you are looking at their Class A price.

Yup.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

colin_kaepernick2.png

And Nike shares back up to pre-ad levels in less than a week. This with $160 million in free publicity, a 31% sales bump, and among those who have watched the ad consumers more likely to buy Nike outnumbering consumers less likely to buy......by a ratio of nearly 5 to 1.

Or this...I suspect Nike doesn't give a rat's ass about Kaepernick's "cause"...they do give a rat's ass about the bottom dollar and globalization

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….

Sort of like Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about his stupid redneck base.
He just knows there's more of them out there than people with educations who can think.

And you should be the last one for demeaning a corporation for doing what they are bound to do for their shareholders: Make a profit, mega-thighed hypocrite.
Share holders want profits not political posturing

Nike is up 50% this year. The dip that their stock took was less than 3 bucks a share. And has already recovered about half of that in 3 days.
Nike Lost $4B in a few hours over the deal. Stocks are supposed to rise after spending big bucks on a marketing gimmick.

View attachment 215059

They have gained it all back and then some already.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Or this...I suspect Nike doesn't give a rat's ass about Kaepernick's "cause"...they do give a rat's ass about the bottom dollar and globalization

Nike, NFL, and Levis Strauss Political Business Strategy – The Much Bigger Geopolitical and Trade Picture….

Sort of like Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about his stupid redneck base.
He just knows there's more of them out there than people with educations who can think.

And you should be the last one for demeaning a corporation for doing what they are bound to do for their shareholders: Make a profit, mega-thighed hypocrite.
Share holders want profits not political posturing

She's not the brightest bulb on the strand.

I'm all for any corp making money but once they decide to go PC and their views collide with mine they can go bankrupt for all I care.

Nike will recover from it's drop their business model of paying workers 3-5 bucks a day to produce a shoe they have 5-15 bucks in and sell for 200-300 bucks will carry the day

Its been 3 days and they've already covered roughly half of the slight dip in market cap.

With Nike up about 50% on the year. Nike will be fine.
When the market dips for 10 minutes you all start pointing fingers at Trump so forgive me for laughing at you.

You are a fucking moron.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That may very well be, but guess what...……………….Christmas presents, birthday presents, and any other kind of present purchased by us for our children and grandchildren, will now not be Nike. We supply the cash until young people get a job, and for most of us, our cash will not be used for anything that says Nike. Take that to the bank, and cash that check!

Here's the sad truth for old people - you don't really matter to advertisers.

Ad buyers covet the 18-49 demographic.

Particularly the young people.

That's because when people start buying a brand, they stay loyal to a brand over their lifetimes.

And because young people will live longer than old people, they generally have more value to corporate America.

Good. They don't matter to me.

We all know it, the younger you are, the dumber you are. Brand loyalty is for idiots.

Sad truth?

I'm glad I don't matter to advertisers. I do everything I can to hide my metadata from them.

It is just the same as party loyalty, again, for idiots.

Collectivism is a fools game.

It doesn’t matter if they don’t matter to you.

What matters is that they matter to them.

Which is the topic of the OP.

10230_0_0x2_de85d961-cbad-4d16-8d6f-b421eb84d9c8_1024x1024.jpg

If you got it, then you forget the brand. Trump seems to eschew branded shoes unless they are his own.

president-barack-obama-nike-sneakers-vacation-golf-marthas-vineyard-2.jpg

Forum List

Back