Here is why gun are to blame!!!

While growing up outside the US we never understood why Americans love guns eventhough they have had hundreds of thousands of causalities from them, even small kids in school now have to fear for their lives.

What happened in Penssylvania, where a neighbour shot and killed two f his neighnours to death eventhough one of them was armed then killed himself.

Before you jump to conclusion defending guns here is why guns are to blame.

Where I lived for 23 years we had no guns and we had disputes that end up with fights, now if guns were available they would be used but luckily they werent and that's why most countries dont have as many causalities as the US.

Even the weakest person can take as many lives as he wishes when they have access to guns.

Yes, your right! After Sandy Hook Elementary when 20 kids between 6 & 7 and 6 adults were slaughtered by a 20-year-old with his mother's semi-automatic assault rifle you would have thought the US would have said "enough is enough".

I don't think Americans understand how beyond the comprehension of people outside the US it is for anybody to even think about wanting to own a gun.
The horrific death figures 40,000 per annum - ah wait a minute ZGuy will no doubt come on and say, many of those were suicides!...So what? You are 60 times more likely to commit suicide in the US than in the UK. Because guns give you a quick and easy way out even for the slightly clinically depressed who will never get a chance to recover.

Very sad and very sick!
The murder rate in the U.S is around the same as Cuba where they have zero gun ownership.
The city of Boston, Lincolnshire in sleepy old England has (per capita) 3 times higher murder rate than the U.S.A.
Murder rate in Mexico is quite high as well and guns are outlawed there too. If the citizenry of Mexico was allowed to own guns, maybe they could defend themselves from the drug cartels.
There is 1 state owned gun store in Mexico. Hilarious.

While growing up outside the US we never understood why Americans love guns eventhough they have had hundreds of thousands of causalities from them, even small kids in school now have to fear for their lives.

What happened in Penssylvania, where a neighbour shot and killed two f his neighnours to death eventhough one of them was armed then killed himself.

Where I lived for 23 years we had no guns and we had disputes that end up with fights, now if guns were available they would be used but luckily they werent and that's why most countries dont have as many causalities as the US.

Even the weakest person can take as many lives as he wishes when they have access to guns.

Yes, your right! After Sandy Hook Elementary when 20 kids between 6 & 7 and 6 adults were slaughtered by a 20-year-old with his mother's semi-automatic assault rifle you would have thought the US would have said "enough is enough".

I don't think Americans understand how beyond the comprehension of people outside the US it is for anybody to even think about wanting to own a gun.
The horrific death figures 40,000 per annum - ah wait a minute ZGuy will no doubt come on and say, many of those were suicides!...So what? You are 60 times more likely to commit suicide in the US than in the UK. Because guns give you a quick and easy way out even for the slightly clinically depressed who will never get a chance to recover.

Very sad and very sick!
The murder rate in the U.S is around the same as Cuba where they have zero gun ownership.
The city of Boston, Lincolnshire in sleepy old England has (per capita) 3 times higher murder rate than the U.S.A.
Murder rate in Mexico is quite high as well and guns are outlawed there too. If the citizenry of Mexico was allowed to own guns, maybe they could defend themselves from the drug cartels.

Yup, and it's on a military base with no civilian access allowed.

lets not forget that guns stop up to 3 million violent crimes a yr where a large part of them would have ended up in death of the victim,,

I'm OK with a few of these types of actions,,,, maybe the cpl should have already been armed and this wouldnt have happened,,,
If guns were used to stop 3 million crimes a year that would mean 200 million times in my life that has happened. Odds are that I should know hundreds of people that have used a gun to stop a crime. I don`t know a single one and I worked in a factory with 3,200 employees, most of who were gun owners. Sell your bullshit somewhere else.
those are CDC numbers,,

Where is your CDC link to support those numbers?

Here's the murder rate per capita per country.
The U.S is safer than...
Bermuda
The Cayman Islands.
The Bahamas.
Argentina.
Uruguay.
The Seychelles.
Russia (double the homicide rate of the U.S)
And Ukraine.
All of the above are gun free.
The murder rate in the USA is the 2nd lowest in the Americas, behind Canada...maybe 3rd lowest behind Chile. What is that 35 countries or something like that.

lets not forget that guns stop up to 3 million violent crimes a yr where a large part of them would have ended up in death of the victim,,

I'm OK with a few of these types of actions,,,, maybe the cpl should have already been armed and this wouldnt have happened,,,
If guns were used to stop 3 million crimes a year that would mean 200 million times in my life that has happened. Odds are that I should know hundreds of people that have used a gun to stop a crime. I don`t know a single one and I worked in a factory with 3,200 employees, most of who were gun owners. Sell your bullshit somewhere else.
those are CDC numbers,,

its in the link provided and has been posted and discussed dozens of times in the past on this forum,,

those are CDC numbers,,

You should read the linked article before you post a comment like that:

As for determining how many lives are saved by guns, regulations bar the CDC from conducting original research of the defensive use of firearms.

4c8eb8d78d76cefd79838e03eaa8d7b77ae1af896f7f3dc5a8455f99ba084b6f_1.jpg

I have lost count of the number of times some outsider / liberal has shown up, cherry-picked some story, and claimed 'THIS' is why guns are evil. Personally I would have chosen CHICAGO as my 1 story if I were you.

A new record was celebrated today - it has been 2 years since an American has been killed in war-torn, Al Qaeda partially-infested Afghanistan...and every weekend the number of dead and wounded from gun violence runs in the double-digits.

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the US...yet the number of gun crimes is astronomical....proving that gun laws do not stop criminals fromgetting and using guns....proving police (those not defunded, fired, or intimidated into inaction) cn not protect innocent people.

Elimination of our 2nd Amendment Rights would, as proven, leave Americans at the 'mercy' of thugs, criminals, and terrroists...

Not one law on the books, not one policeman in Chicago, could protect the more than a dozen innocent people shot in Chicago recently....but we are told taking the guns out of the hands of God-fearing, law-abiding citizens will....

No thank you.

Any sane person who lived or traveled the world can tell you that America has a gun issue. Stats are here, it is all documented why you guys try and hide the sun ?

Those that love guns from the far right, their excuse is to stand up to a tyrannical government...well what did their guns do now that the elections were rigged as they claim ? NOTHING.
That's what guns tend to do until someone decides a gun is needed. NOTHING

Any sane person knows this.
False argument...we have most of the world vs the US ....the rest if us always shook our heads in mass shootings, fatalities that most of us dont experience.

I just read that florida law enforcement lost 630 members due to gun violence, these are trained gun carrying members of the law and still got killed. I've lived in a Country where 2 officers got killed in 10 years with knives. If guns were available I'm sure the death would be much higher.....got the point?
That is fake AF.

The O.P shows a certain amount of naivety which is common to foreigners looking at the gun debate in the U.S.
Most are shocked to learn that London is 3 times more dangerous than the U.S, and that most of the murders in the U.S is gang related and related to non U.S citizens.
Or that homogenous States in the U.S have murder rates lower than European countries,
If the U.S had built the Wall 40 years ago the murder rate would be similar to Canada today.
Absolute bullshit! You are 5 times more likely to be murdered in the US than in the UK.

Gun related deaths per 100,000 population.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

What about deaths unrelated to guns?
Why have you put a 'funny' emogi on my post about Sandy Nook toddlers being blown apart?

Are you really that sick?
Did you know that Islam killed over 3,000 people in one day? Yet, we havent banned that yet...
Do you mean 9/11?
It wasn't Islam that killed them it was anti-Islam.
No self-respecting Muslim I know, and I know a lot, have any sympathy or support for the maniacs that destroyed the World Trade Centre.
Yikes.

There are more guns than Americans in America, and we aren't all dead ... So it cannot be the guns' fault ... :thup:

I agree. The gun is the tool, the person using it is the weapon.
If gun owners were as dangerous as irrational gun-haters insist, there wouldn't be any irrational gun-haters.

Very sad and very sick!

Yup. Downtown Mexico City and it caters only to the wealthy ruling elite. I've been there. It's a non descript building and no one would ever know what's inside.

Forum List

Back