Henrietta Lacks and Health Care Leadership

Did you know abour Henrietta Lacks?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Henrietta Lacks did nothing remarkable in her life. She developed immortal cancer cells. Not because she was brilliant or talented. It was a total quirk of fate for which she deserves no recognition at all.

Henrietta Lacks was an African-American woman whose cancer cells are the source of the HeLa cell line, the first immortalized cell line and one of the most important cell lines in medical research

Henrietta Lacks did nothing remarkable in her life. She developed immortal cancer cells. Not because she was brilliant or talented. It was a total quirk of fate for which she deserves no recognition at all.
You seem to be in a tiny minority..
What did Henrietta Lacks do? Did she discover the cells? Develop the research? What ability did she bring? None. All discoveries were made after her death.

You seem to be in a tiny minority..
What did Henrietta Lacks do? Did she discover the cells? Develop the research? What ability did she bring? None. All discoveries were made after her death.
She donated her cancer cells which to you or me is no big deal but it is in the medical community.

I looked her up. She lit a lot of black kids' fire about learning about biochemistry. I predict that something good will come of it. Maybe even another George Washington Carver. Every kid needs a hero to make something of him or herself. I give her a pass with love.:thanks:Thanks for giving millions of people a second chance at life with researchers enabled to do great things with your amazing cells, Henrietta Lacks.

Forum List

Back