Hawaii proves gun control laws don't stop criminals....felon, with 10 convictions, living on an island...gets guns easily.

So Heller told us.. This is what the Founders really meant even though they didn't phrase it that way...got it. Imagine the Founders being raised from the dead and having lived in today's America for six months. Wonder what they would say if asked..would you guys like another stab at wording the 2nd??
George Washington would, witout question, want every one of this potential militiamen, and every one of his frontiersmen, to have an AR15 over their transom and 10 loaded 30-rd magazines in their cartridge box.

You -do- understand the difference here, right?
Why don't you explain it to the class?
The right of a person to keep and bear arms is not in any way depentent on that person's relationship woith the militia.
How does that explain why it's ok to have laws against robbery, even though they aren't 100% effective in stopping robbery, but we can't have reasonable gun control laws unless they are 100% effective in stopping gun crime?

I'll take a look at your question about a political party releasing prisoners as soon as I finish looking up why Trump approved releasing 500 taliban prisoners. Many of whom are active in Afghanistan right now.

Just to be clear on your question, though, when did any political party receive authority to release prisoners? Other than presidents, and governors who can release specific prisoners, I thought the judges made those decisions. Many of those judges were appointed by right wingers.

Moron.....the democrat party judges and prosecutors are releasing known, violent, repeat gun offenders on bail, and on short sentences all over the country....they are even granting parole to the guy who murdered Robert Kennedy....you idiot.

How does that explain why it's ok to have laws against robbery, even though they aren't 100% effective in stopping robbery, but we can't have reasonable gun control laws unless they are 100% effective in stopping gun crime?

We have gun control laws. You want to ban and confiscate guns...and call that reasonable.

The laws that allow us to arrest robbers, also allow us to already arrest criminals in possession of illegal guns.....

We can do that now, with existing laws. You don't care....you want to ban and confiscate guns.

A lot of things were not created or dependent on the Constitution..FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, ATF..and the SCOTUS has given the government leeway in regulating armaments which is why you don't see people walking around with sub-machine guns or RPGs etc.
The Constitution does indeed give power to create those agencies:

Article 2, Section 2 - He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

Because robbery violates citizens' civil liberties and the government is constitutionally bound to protect those liberties

Gun ownership doesn't harm anyone, nor threaten anyone's rights.

Moron.....the democrat party judges and prosecutors are releasing known, violent, repeat gun offenders on bail, and on short sentences all over the country....they are even granting parole to the guy who murdered Robert Kennedy....you idiot.
Really? And no republican appointed judges are doing that? You got a credible link showing that, or did you just pull that one out of your ass too?

Because robbery violates citizens' civil liberties and the government is constitutionally bound to protect those liberties

Gun ownership doesn't harm anyone, nor threaten anyone's rights.
An individual selling a gun to someone not legally allowed to own a gun, without any obligation to even find out does.

If it's so obvious, you should be able to show me up by answering it. Right?
I suppose I could, but if you don't already understand that arming someone who can't legally possess a gun is a threat to the rights of the person to be injured with that gun, you are too stupid to understand my explanation.

I suppose I could, but if you don't already understand that arming someone who can't legally possess a gun is a threat to the rights of the person to be injured with that gun, you are too stupid to understand my explanation.
No it isn't. A person convicted of crime does not a murderer make. There are lots of non-violent felonies on the books.

wow. Now you're saying I want to ban and confiscate guns. You understand that just because you spout that insane bullshit, doesn't make it true, right? Here's a deal for you. You keep making up shit, and claiming that is what I want, and I'll start naming things I believe you want. Deal?

2aguy wants everyone to just forget all the doccumented reports of him being arrested for masturbating in the checkout line at Walmart.

I just reported you to the U.S.messageboard mods for that post..........

Selling a gun to a crook who is not legally allowed to possess a gun harms no one? You know that's just crazy, right?

That is already illegal.....and both the seller and the felon can be arrested.

Again.....you won't answer the question....a background check system that does not require gun registration....do you support that?

Forum List

Back