Hawaii proves gun control laws don't stop criminals....felon, with 10 convictions, living on an island...gets guns easily.

What do you think a private seller is? He sells guns, yet he doesn't have a license to sell guns. Of course, he has no obligation to find out, or even care if his purchaser can legally own guns. If they have the money, he can sell the gun. His only concern is if it can be proven that he knew beforehand that the purchaser wasn't allowed to have guns. That is often very hard to prove, even if it is a relative.
Here is the legal definition of a firearms dealer:
"According to 18 USCS § 921(11) firearms dealer means “(A) any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail, (B) any person engaged in the business of repairing firearms or of making or fitting special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms, or (C) any person who is a pawnbroker.”"

No, a private seller is someone who sells one or two of his own guns that are surplus to his needs. NOT someone who goes out and buys guns to sell them. If a person is buying guns either from a retailer or a manufacturer to resell, he is legally a dealer and needs a Federal and sometimes State or Local license. I was a private seller when I travelled from California to Nevada to sell my AR15 to a dealer a couple of decades ago after selling them was banned in California. If I had bought an AR15 from that dealer and then sold it to someone in California I would have been a straw buyer. See the difference?
Only if the gun being sold is otherwise illegal to be sold.

What do you think a private seller is? He sells guns, yet he doesn't have a license to sell guns. Of course, he has no obligation to find out, or even care if his purchaser can legally own guns. If they have the money, he can sell the gun. His only concern is if it can be proven that he knew beforehand that the purchaser wasn't allowed to have guns. That is often very hard to prove, even if it is a relative.

Wrong....this is, of course, a lie.......you are lying when you imply that it is normal people selling their private guns that are supplying criminals with guns.....you know this is a lie.....

Straw Buyers, the ones supplying criminals with illegal guns...are doing it with full knowledge that they are buying guns specifically to supply criminals.....

We already have laws that make this illegal, we can already arrest people for doing this......

The problem?

America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Wisconsin isn’t alone in its nonchalance. California normally treats straw purchases as misdemeanors or minor infractions. Even as the people of Baltimore suffer horrific levels of violence, Maryland classifies the crime as a misdemeanor, too. Straw buying is a felony in progressive Connecticut, albeit one in the second-least-serious order of felonies. It is classified as a serious crime in Illinois (Class 2 felony), but police rarely (meaning “almost never”) go after the nephews and girlfriends with clean records who provide Chicago’s diverse and sundry gangsters with their weapons. In Delaware, it’s a Class F felony, like forging a check. In Oregon, it’s a misdemeanor.

--------

I visited Chicago a few years back to write about the city’s gang-driven murder problem, and a retired police official told me that the nature of the people making straw purchases — young relatives, girlfriends who may or may not have been facing the threat of physical violence, grandmothers, etc. — made prosecuting those cases unattractive. In most of those cases, the authorities emphatically should put the straw purchasers in prison for as long as possible. Throw a few gangsters’ grandmothers behind bars for 20 years and see if that gets anybody’s attention. In the case of the young women suborned into breaking the law, that should be just another charge to put on the main offender.

Read more at: America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Read more at: America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review
======

America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review
===========

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago today charged an Indiana man with federal firearm violations for allegedly conspiring to straw purchase a semi-automatic handgun that the charges allege was used to shoot two Chicago Police officers last weekend, including the fatal wounding of Officer Ella French.
JAMEL DANZY purchased the firearm at a federal firearms dealer in Hammond, Ind., on March 18, 2021, and falsely certified on the required forms that he was the actual buyer, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago. In reality, Danzy was a straw purchaser who bought the gun at the request of someone whom Danzy knew resided in Chicago, Ill., and was not lawfully allowed to purchase a firearm due to a felony criminal conviction, the complaint states. Danzy gave the firearm to the Illinois resident shortly after the purchase, the complaint states.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr/indiana-man-charged-scheming-straw-purchase-firearm-allegedly-used-shoot-two-chicago

No, a private seller is someone who sells one or two of his own guns that are surplus to his needs. NOT someone who goes out and buys guns to sell them. If a person is buying guns either from a retailer or a manufacturer to resell, he is legally a dealer and needs a Federal and sometimes State or Local license. I was a private seller when I travelled from California to Nevada to sell my AR15 to a dealer a couple of decades ago after selling them was banned in California. If I had bought an AR15 from that dealer and then sold it to someone in California I would have been a straw buyer. See the difference?

Bulldog knows this.......they are trolling, and lying about this........

Only if the gun being sold is otherwise illegal to be sold.

No a "straw purchase" does not have to be to a person who can not legally own firearms or a gun that is illegal in any other way.

The idea is that if you are buying and selling guns to make a profit, you are supposed to have an FFL.
If you are selling guns because you like trying different guns out, and are selling them at cost, then you are not doing anything illegal and do not need an FFL as long as you do not sell more than 3 to 5 guns a year.
The range is because the BATF acts capriciously sometimes, so there is no exact number.
The reason they can not arrest you for selling to a felon is that they do not allow you to check, so it is their fault, not yours. Of course that does not apply if the felon is famous and you should have known he was a felon.
But personally I think it is illegal for the BATF to prevent felons from being able to buy and own firearms.
It is beyond their authority.

A more complex wrinkle are pawn shops and people selling older "curios and relics".
The are also immune from the need for a license.

Last edited:
2aguy your ailment with guns is streets ahead of a rabid mouth frothing Trump Derangement Syndrome Democrat. I thought they were crazy but you are off your fucking welt.

A straw byyer is someone who conspires with a prohibited person to purchase a gun and make it available to said prohibited person.
Part of this requires the prohibited person to secure payment for the gun.

That's how Kyle Rittenhouse got his gun that he used to "protect" himself from people he put himself near so he could be in danger so he could shoot some people and get off.

That's how Kyle Rittenhouse got his gun that he used to "protect" himself from people he put himself near so he could be in danger so he could shoot some people and get off.

Nope......that isn't a straw purchase...but thanks for playing.

You guys sure do love you some child molesting blm/antifa rioters........you know, the democrat party brown shirts who burned, looted and murdered for 7 months in primarily black neighborhoods.........then they attacked the wrong guy.......and you complain about that guy saving himself from the child molesting, democrat party brown shirts...

Nope......that isn't a straw purchase...but thanks for playing.

The straw purchaser got a plea deal for a lesser charge in exchange for testifying against Rittenhouse.

"Prosecutors said he bought the gun for Rittenhouse knowing Rittenhouse could not legally buy it for himself.

Black was 18 at the time of the purchase.

Rittenhouse was 17 years old when he shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and injured Gaige Grosskreutz.

According to a criminal complaint, Black bought a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle on May 1, 2020, at Ladysmith Ace Home Center in Ladysmith, Wisconsin.

Black was one of the prosecution's star witnesses in Rittenhouse's trial in November.

He agreed to testify against Rittenhouse.

In exchange for his testimony, prosecutors delayed his case and offered a plea deal last week.

Black agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation."

Otherwise it sounds EXACTLY like the definition of a straw purchase.​

You guys sure do love you some child molesting blm/antifa rioters........you know, the democrat party brown shirts who burned, looted and murdered for 7 months in primarily black neighborhoods.........then they attacked the wrong guy.......and you complain about that guy saving himself from the child molesting, democrat party brown shirts...

And you guys sure do have some serious fear of the black people don't you?

The straw purchaser got a plea deal for a lesser charge in exchange for testifying against Rittenhouse.

"Prosecutors said he bought the gun for Rittenhouse knowing Rittenhouse could not legally buy it for himself.

Black was 18 at the time of the purchase.

Rittenhouse was 17 years old when he shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and injured Gaige Grosskreutz.

According to a criminal complaint, Black bought a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle on May 1, 2020, at Ladysmith Ace Home Center in Ladysmith, Wisconsin.

Black was one of the prosecution's star witnesses in Rittenhouse's trial in November.

He agreed to testify against Rittenhouse.

In exchange for his testimony, prosecutors delayed his case and offered a plea deal last week.

Black agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation."

Otherwise it sounds EXACTLY like the definition of a straw purchase.​

The judge threw it out at trial, the guy didn't have to make the deal......too bad he didn't know it was going to be thrown out....

No, he wasn't a star witness.....are you an idiot.....?

No....a straw purchase is made by someone knowing that they are going to provide a criminal with a gun....Rittenhouse was not a criminal and could legally own the weapon........

He shot and killed blm/antifa brown shirts of the democrat party who violently attacked him while they were burning, looting, and then trying to murder kyle...

And you guys sure do have some serious fear of the black people don't you?

How do you get that out of that post?

It was the democrat party brown shirts, blm/antifa, burning, looting and killing blacks, in black neighborhoods.....while the white guys who attacked Kyle were burning and looting that minority neighborhood....

The democrats and their brown shirts, blm/antifa.....burn, loot and kill in black neighborhoods, and you throw the race card at me?

Do you understand how stupid that is?

No, he wasn't a star witness.....are you an idiot.....?

I didn't call him a "star witness".

No....a straw purchase is made by someone knowing that they are going to provide a criminal with a gun....Rittenhouse was not a criminal and could legally own the weapon........

And an 18 year old buying one for a 17 year old doesn't count for you?

He shot and killed blm/antifa brown shirts of the democrat party who violently attacked him while they were burning, looting, and then trying to murder kyle...

"Brown shirt". You've godwinned the thread. Good job. /thread.

I didn't call him a "star witness".

And an 18 year old buying one for a 17 year old doesn't count for you?

"Brown shirt". You've godwinned the thread. Good job. /thread.

Shit head.....

From your post #155 before you edit it out...

Forum List

Back