Hawaii proves gun control laws don't stop criminals....felon, with 10 convictions, living on an island...gets guns easily.

A straw buyer is knowingly going to break the law by supplying a gun to a criminal...so they already know they are in legal trouble. They don't care about the background check.
And an individual seller doesn't care if the buyer is a criminal, or about a background check. He has no obligation to care about whether the buyer is a criminal, and no obligation to find out. At least we have laws to prosecute a straw buyer when he is discovered. An individual selling a gun to a crook has no concern about that. You are making a distinction without a material difference between the two.

And here is the test.....about how serious you are about stopping criminals versus simply trying to jam up normal gun owners.

The simple solution is to open up the Federal data base for criminals to everyone....that way, if you are selling a gun to an individual, and you want to make sure they aren't a criminal, you go to an app...on your phone, punch in the buyers name, birthdate, and social security number......and if they are a felon, have warrants or a hold for mental health issues, you will know right away....no fee, no wait.

You also don't set up a permanent record of the sale.....

This covers all of the bases you say you are concerned about but doesn't allow you to jam up normal gun owners......'

You would support this?
Sounds a lot like a background check to me. Why would you not want a requirement to see if a purchaser can legally own a gun? As always, you gun nuts just want more guns out there. Doesn't matter to you that a lot are purchased by crooks.

My “interpretation, little twit, is what every justice until Scalia knew was true.

or are those words not there, dumbo? I’m always amused by pretend constitutionalists who never took a con law class. Your ignorance is always fun though.

Hey...dipshit....Scalia goes through the history of the Right to Bear Arms from England, the colonies, the early states and the rest.......you don't know what you are talking about.

And an individual seller doesn't care if the buyer is a criminal, or about a background check. He has no obligation to care about whether the buyer is a criminal, and no obligation to find out. At least we have laws to prosecute a straw buyer when he is discovered. An individual selling a gun to a crook has no concern about that. You are making a distinction without a material difference between the two.

An individual caught selling to a felon can be arrested......normal people do care about selling guns to criminals...

Too bad for you that guns from individuals are the last means criminals use to get guns. They don't trust people they do not know, so only use people they know........making the whole crap about individual sellers stupid......

And you didn't answer my question......because you know that the answer means you don't get to arrest normal gun owners or confiscate guns...

Again....

We allow normal people to access the NICS system through a phone app when they sell a gun. They submit the name, birthdate, and SS# of the buyer, and on that app, the criminal history of the buyer will show up as well as any mental health holds on their record......it costs nothing, it will take seconds, and then you don't have to worry about selling a gun to a felon....

Do you accept this solution?

Sounds a lot like a background check to me. Why would you not want a requirement to see if a purchaser can legally own a gun? As always, you gun nuts just want more guns out there. Doesn't matter to you that a lot are purchased by crooks.

Why...? One, Universal Background Checks are only desired by people like you because you want gun registration. UBCs would require all guns to be registered so that you could tell if a gun had a background check done when it was transferred........then, when you guys get the power, you would use that registration list to ban and confiscate guns...

So no....I will go with my plan..........a free phone app.....

An individual caught selling to a felon can be arrested......normal people do care about selling guns to criminals...

Too bad for you that guns from individuals are the last means criminals use to get guns. They don't trust people they do not know, so only use people they know........making the whole crap about individual sellers stupid......

And you didn't answer my question......because you know that the answer means you don't get to arrest normal gun owners or confiscate guns...

Again....

We allow normal people to access the NICS system through a phone app when they sell a gun. They submit the name, birthdate, and SS# of the buyer, and on that app, the criminal history of the buyer will show up as well as any mental health holds on their record......it costs nothing, it will take seconds, and then you don't have to worry about selling a gun to a felon....

No. An individual caught selling to a felon has done nothing legally wrong. Individuals have no obligation to know if the person they sell to is a felon, and he has no obligation to find out. I have personally given you links proving that dozens of times. There is nothing to fear from buying from a strainger. The strainger doesn't know the purchaser, and there is no obligation for them to find out anything about him dunb ass.

Again....

What you are describing is a backgrounf check much like is proposed. The main difference would be the requirement to do that with all sales, not just when the seller wanted to do it.

Why...? One, Universal Background Checks are only desired by people like you because you want gun registration. UBCs would require all guns to be registered so that you could tell if a gun had a background check done when it was transferred........then, when you guys get the power, you would use that registration list to ban and confiscate guns...

So no....I will go with my plan..........a free phone app.....
Yep, you're still an idiot.

No. An individual caught selling to a felon has done nothing legally wrong. Individuals have no obligation to know if the person they sell to is a felon, and he has no obligation to find out. I have personally given you links proving that dozens of times. There is nothing to fear from buying from a strainger. The strainger doesn't know the purchaser, and there is no obligation for them to find out anything about him dunb ass.

Idiot......the criminal buying the gun knows it is illegal, and when he is caught with the illegal gun, he can be sent to prison...then the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians will promptly let him out.

Criminals do not do buys from strangers, you idiot.....you were shown that the mass public shooters bought their guns legally or stole them..so then you changed the topic to all criminals....the typical bait and switch with you asshats........and then you were shown that criminals use straw buyers they know......family and friends or known criminals.....

Your fixation on background checks is stupid, since criminals get around them...

What you don't want, don't care about, is the democrat party releasing violent, known, repeat gun offenders who have already been captured for multiple gun offenses who they release over and over again....these individuals are doing 95% of all the shooting, and we already know who they are...you idiot....you morons keep letting them go.

What you are describing is a backgrounf check much like is proposed. The main difference would be the requirement to do that with all sales, not just when the seller wanted to do it.

No....the problem for you is it doesn't require registering guns to do......what you want and need is gun registration...and to get that, you push universal background checks, something that will not stop criminals from getting guns...but will require law abiding people to register their legal guns...

Idiot......the criminal buying the gun knows it is illegal, and when he is caught with the illegal gun, he can be sent to prison...then the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians will promptly let him out.

Criminals do not do buys from strangers, you idiot.....you were shown that the mass public shooters bought their guns legally or stole them..so then you changed the topic to all criminals....the typical bait and switch with you asshats........and then you were shown that criminals use straw buyers they know......family and friends or known criminals.....

Your fixation on background checks is stupid, since criminals get around them...

What you don't want, don't care about, is the democrat party releasing violent, known, repeat gun offenders who have already been captured for multiple gun offenses who they release over and over again....these individuals are doing 95% of all the shooting, and we already know who they are...you idiot....you morons keep letting them go.
As I have often said before, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You are an idiot lost cause gun nut who is a waste of human cells. You are just like that crazy pillow guy who repeats the same disproven crap no matter how many times he is shown to be wrong. Or perhaps he is just like you.

No....the problem for you is it doesn't require registering guns to do......what you want and need is gun registration...and to get that, you push universal background checks, something that will not stop criminals from getting guns...but will require law abiding people to register their legal guns...
You're still an idiot.

As I have often said before, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You are an idiot lost cause gun nut who is a waste of human cells. You are just like that crazy pillow guy who repeats the same disproven crap no matter how many times he is shown to be wrong. Or perhaps he is just like you.

You still haven't answered the question which answers the question. You don't care about background checks....that is the fig leaf you asshats want to use to get gun registration...

When given the proposal for a phone app that would achieve what you want.........but without the need for a new fee and especially without the need for gun registration....you refuse to answer.....

You are evil.

You still haven't answered the question which answers the question. You don't care about background checks....that is the fig leaf you asshats want to use to get gun registration...

When given the proposal for a phone app that would achieve what you want.........but without the need for a new fee and especially without the need for gun registration....you refuse to answer.....

You are evil.
I already said that sounds a lot like the proposed background checks, dumb ass, and we don't have federal gun registration now, you idiot. No reason to add it for individual sales.

I already said that sounds a lot like the proposed background checks, dumb ass, and we don't have federal gun registration now, you idiot. No reason to add it for individual sales.

You don't understand......moron....

If you mandate background checks on private sales, you will need gun registration.

Why?

Because without registration, you will not know if an actual background check was done before the sale was made.....which is why you are using universal background checks as the fig leaf to get gun registration...

A phone app doesn't require any registration or record keeping other than the criminal and mental health history of actual convicted felons and adjudicated mentally ill....punch in their name, and their record status as a felon comes up....no sale...no record, no registration...which is why you won't support it.

You don't understand......moron....

If you mandate background checks on private sales, you will need gun registration.

Why?

Because without registration, you will not know if an actual background check was done before the sale was made.....which is why you are using universal background checks as the fig leaf to get gun registration...

A phone app doesn't require any registration or record keeping other than the criminal and mental health history of actual convicted felons and adjudicated mentally ill....punch in their name, and their record status as a felon comes up....no sale...no record, no registration...which is why you won't support it.
Just STFU moron.

Forum List

Back