Have you noticed everyone is on their cell phones?

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
Every where you look people are on their cell phones. No more rotory dials, no more phone booths, no more pagers, everyone has a cell!

Remember when you just had answering phones? Or further back in history Hemlock 70211?

Can anyone tell me what that was about?

Every where you look people are on their cell phones. No more rotory dials, no more phone booths, no more pagers, everyone has a cell!

Remember when you just had answering phones? Or further back in history Hemlock 70211?

Can anyone tell me what the hell Billo_Really is talking about?

Yeah, I noticed some time ago.

You'd have to be dead to miss it.

I don’t think he even knows. He’s like a comic working on a joke but can’t seem to come up with anything funny from the original observation.

Speaking of which: has anybody else noticed that wagon wheels aren’t in much use anymore? What’s the deal with all these cars and car tires? I mean rubber. Am I right?

A few months ago we went out to eat with friends at a high end restaurant.

We had a fun time talking and socializing.

Next to us was table with a man, woman and what looked like a 16 year old kid. Obviously a family eating out.

For their entire meal the three did nothing but look at their stupid phones. I doubt they said more than three words to each. It was all they could do to put down their phones to order their meal.

I suspect the meal cost the three of them at least $500 and they spent their entire time looking at their phones.

I am old school. To me the phone is only communication when needed. It is not a lifestyle. I take it when I leave the house but only for emergencies.

I so much miss the days of phone booths.those were the glory days.i had no choice to get a cell phone when they took out pay phones.heck i would settle for the days of just pay phones existing again.

Cell phones make police surveillance so much easier; there's no shortage of volunteers giving up their location to the government 24/7. What gets me are the folks who text at every stop sign and red light and forget they are driving on the road.

I don't have a cellular phone. All of my online/internet content is done from a lap top computer still.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

no more phone booths,
FFSYdBjWQAQm93V.jpg

Hemlock 70211 is the way they used to say phone numbers. Back in the 50's and 60's all phone numbers had a prefix that was the first two letters of a word. The letters on the phone rotary dialer were used to determine what the two numbers were. For example, Hemlock 70211 would have been HE-70211, or 43-70211. When I was a boy in Hot Springs AR, our number was National 34567, or NA-34567, or 62-34567. At that time we never had to dial the first two numbers, just dial 34567.

remember_this-2-1024x768.jpg

Damn phones today even have a vibrator in them. That's why girls carry them in their pocket.

Last edited:

This is a thread from very old people reminiscing . It is doubtful that even they know what about, or, would probably remember for long in the event of group sanity returning for a few minutes .

Happy old dears . Knitting patterns and fishing yarns probably next .

This is a thread from very old people reminiscing . It is doubtful that even they know what about, or, would probably remember for long in the event of group sanity returning for a few minutes .

Happy old dears . Knitting patterns and fishing yarns probably next .
The post above your post explained it, if you can't understand that then you are too simple mined to be here. That is what the OP is talking about.

Last edited:

Cell phone: America's drug of choice.

The post above your post explained it, if you can't understand that then you are too simple mined to be here. That is what the OP is talking about.

Decent people have not visited cells , let alone been put in one .

Or is it all about a shared lack of brain cells ?

Mainly caused by holding a radiation emitting device alongside the few remaining cells , as a dare presumably .

Forum List

Back