Hate

OneIsTheWord

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2022
question
Does anyone hate God for any reason at all?
you know the phrase, whosoever hold peace, so help me God

Job 13:17-20 (NKJV) Listen carefully to my speech, And to my declaration with your ears.
See now, I have prepared my case, I know that I shall be vindicated.
Who is he who will contend with me? If now I hold my tongue, I perish.
"Only two things do not do to me, Then I will not hide from You:

Like love, hate is in the mind of the beholder. But the concept of "hating God" is an oxymoron: How can people hate their creator? Would they prefer to be nonexistent?

Anyone who does not hold a little resentment at God for creating such a wicked world where virtue is often synonymous with weakness has not really thought about it. I guess you can always blame it on Satan but God created him also. The Fall was a setup from the start and God has no right to still be angry about it.

Like love, hate is in the mind of the beholder. But the concept of "hating God" is an oxymoron: How can people hate their creator? Would they prefer to be nonexistent?
It's a misunderstanding. I think a lot of people leave religion because they begin to hate God and then decide to not believe in God. It's because they don't understand what God is.

Anyone who does not hold a little resentment at God for creating such a wicked world where virtue is often synonymous with weakness has not really thought about it. I guess you can always blame it on Satan but God created him also. The Fall was a setup from the start and God has no right to still be angry about it.
And here's a demonstration of what I just said

And here's a demonstration of what I just said
You have no idea. Let's just say that religion just didn't work out for a lot of people who cannot stop asking "why"? The people who claim to know God have no satisfying answers for the person who just cannot find goodness, mercy and justice in the world.

You have no idea. Let's just say that religion just didn't work out for a lot of people who cannot stop asking "why"? The people who claim to know God have no satisfying answers for the person who just cannot find goodness, mercy and justice in the world.
That's easy. This life is a test. It's not paradise and it isn't meant to be.

How can you hate God if you don't think he exists? And how can you ask him questions?

P.S. I don't think anyone "knows" God any more than a cockroach knows what city he is in.

That's easy. This life is a test. It's not paradise and it isn't meant to be.
If it's a test it's meant to be failed. Simple survival for yourself and those you love means a constant series of moral compromises. This world will not allow you the luxury of being morally upright and consistently good. Ruthlessness wins over goodness every time. It's a set up for moral failure just like the tree and the serpent.

How can you hate God if you don't think he exists? And how can you ask him questions?

P.S. I don't think anyone "knows" God any more than a cockroach knows what city he is in.
This world has no shortage of people who will tell you exactly what God wants. Most of the time it's money. If nothing else God should smite those who seek to lead the faithful into the wrong path. The lack of any sort of justice in the world does not speak of a just God.

P.S. I think that if people just try a little harder just a tiny bit, they would see a miracle
Honesty

If it's a test it's meant to be failed. Simple survival for yourself and those you love means a constant series of moral compromises. This world will not allow you the luxury of being morally upright and consistently good. Ruthlessness wins over goodness every time. It's a set up for moral failure just like the tree and the serpent.
I make no moral compromises for me and my loved one's and I don't know what you're talking about. Do you think you're doomed to do evil? That you have no choice? I know a lot of morally upright people who are consistently good when it comes to their behavior. Goodness always wins over evil.

Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan. Just as everyone is in this world, but that will not do as an excuse.

This is what Satan will say on the day of judgment:

"And Satan will say ˹to his followers˺ after the judgment has been passed, “Indeed, Allah has made you a true promise. I too made you a promise, but I failed you. I did not have any authority over you. I only called you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; blame yourselves. I cannot save you, nor can you save me. Indeed, I denounce your previous association of me with Allah ˹in loyalty˺. Surely the wrongdoers will suffer a painful punishment.” Quran 14:22

I think I can understand that, at least partially.

I mean this sincerely, not ironically, because I am curious, having not taken the "Why?" path. How did the answer to "Why" become so important to you?

I don't believe ruthlessness wins over goodness every time, but I do believe that at times ruthlessness is the ideal action when all is taken into consideration. For example, there were times when my goodness (or niceness) to another, served as the "go ahead" for meanness to descend upon another person.

I had to learn that sometimes that which is generally known as "good" or "nice" is not the ideal action or response. What say you? Are you able to look back on some of what you reference as your ruthless behavior and see that in fact it was the ideal way to act in that circumstance?

I make no moral compromises for me and my loved one's and I don't know what you're talking about. Do you think you're doomed to do evil? That you have no choice? I know a lot of morally upright people who are consistently good when it comes to their behavior. Goodness always wins over evil.

Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan. Just as everyone is in this world, but that will not do as an excuse.

This is what Satan will say on the day of judgment:

"And Satan will say ˹to his followers˺ after the judgment has been passed, “Indeed, Allah has made you a true promise. I too made you a promise, but I failed you. I did not have any authority over you. I only called you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; blame yourselves. I cannot save you, nor can you save me. Indeed, I denounce your previous association of me with Allah ˹in loyalty˺. Surely the wrongdoers will suffer a painful punishment.” Quran 14:22
Think about the people born into hopeless poverty where they must lie, cheat, steal, kill and sell their bodies just for simple survival. No chance to be righteous. No reason in their mind to turn away from any chance to claw their way up. Were they born for no other reason than to be thrown into everlasting damnation? A moral life is only possible when the necessities of life may be obtained honestly.

Last edited:
I don't believe ruthlessness wins over goodness every time, but I do believe that at times ruthlessness is the ideal action when all is taken into consideration. For example, there were times when my goodness (or niceness) to another, served as the "go ahead" for meanness to descend upon another person.

I had to learn that sometimes that which is generally known as "good" or "nice" is not the ideal action or response. What say you? Are you able to look back on some of what you reference as your ruthless behavior and see that in fact it was the ideal way to act in that circumstance?
Pretty sure the moral compromise of having to be counter evil with evil is why some have retreated to monasteries. It's not the life I would want but I can see the attraction of a sheltered world where you do not have to wonder if the other guy is trying to screw you every moment of every day. As to your question I have felt guilty every time I had to lower myself. I remember my sins and do not attempt to justify them.

Think about the people born into hopeless poverty where they must lie, cheat, steal, kill and sell their bodies just for simple survival. No chance to be righteous.
Have you seen people who were born into a time and place where there was no need to lie, cheat, steal, kill, and sell their bodies? Have some of those people brought evil out of the goodness into which they were born?

In the same way, don't some people who are born into poverty where they must lie, cheat, steal, kill and sell their bodies just for simple survival bring goodness to--or out of that--evil?

If you were to guess, on the balance, is the rich who are more likely to bring good into their surroundings, or might it be the poor? On the whole? Who do you think is likely to bring about the greater evil?

Have you seen people who were born into a time and place where there was no need to lie, cheat, steal, kill, and sell their bodies? Have some of those people brought evil out of the goodness into which they were born?

In the same way, don't some people who are born into poverty where they must lie, cheat, steal, kill and sell their bodies just for simple survival bring goodness to--or out of that--evil?

If you were to guess, on the balance, is the rich who are more likely to bring good into their surroundings, or might it be the poor? On the whole? Who do you think is likely to bring about the greater evil?
No one gets to live in a world where they can always choose the righteous path. That's my complaint in the face of a religion that says you will suffer for eternity if you break these rules that are an extreme disadvantage in a world full of backstabbers. You must constantly ask for forgiveness for sin you will have to go out and commit all over again just to not suffer now.

As to your question I have felt guilty every time I had to lower myself. I remember my sins and do not attempt to justify them.
Nor should you. But I am asking about the result of your actions. Did it contribute to the overall good in the minuscule part of the world in which you live, or did it make things worse?

And no, I am not talking about robbing from the rich to give to the poor. There were other options in that case. When you were backed into a corner, was there any improvement to your part of this world, or was the benefit purely selfish?

Forum List

Back