Hate Speech Laws Are Wrecking Europe

The Hate Speech Laws are only part of the problem.

The problem is that it inhibits or suppresses honest discussion of real problems.

Not to mention that it is often applied to those who are actually objecting to hatred.

It is the utter mindlessness of the application that bothers me. The majority of Muslims want criticism of Islam to be illegal in Europe just as it is in the hell holes from which they emigrated. By calling criticism of an ideology "hate speech", all a person is doing is allowing themselves to be a useful idiot for the totalitarian agenda involved.

If people cannot distinguish between speech that is true and is not true, perhaps they should try to learn a little something. If they cannot distinguish between criticism of what a person has chosen to believe and hatred of people for that which they cannot control, maybe they need to wise up. if they cannot distinguish between speech that actually calls people to attack others indiscriminately and simply railing against the barbaric actions of certain people, perhaps they just need a brain transplant.

They certainly aren't thinking -- that's for sure.

The Hate Speech Laws are only part of the problem.

The problem is that it inhibits or suppresses honest discussion of real problems.

Not to mention that it is often applied to those who are actually objecting to hatred.

It is the utter mindlessness of the application that bothers me. The majority of Muslims want criticism of Islam to be illegal in Europe just as it is in the hell holes from which they emigrated. By calling criticism of an ideology "hate speech", all a person is doing is allowing themselves to be a useful idiot for the totalitarian agenda involved.

If people cannot distinguish between speech that is true and is not true, perhaps they should try to learn a little something. If they cannot distinguish between criticism of what a person has chosen to believe and hatred of people for that which they cannot control, maybe they need to wise up. if they cannot distinguish between speech that actually calls people to attack others indiscriminately and simply railing against the barbaric actions of certain people, perhaps they just need a brain transplant.

They certainly aren't thinking -- that's for sure.

1400 young girls raped. At least. IN this one case. And this was the reaction from the tolerate ones.

Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because the majority of perpetrators were Asian of Pakistani heritage, several council staff described themselves as being nervous about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others, the report noted, "remembered clear direction from their managers" not to make such identification.[31] One Home Office researcher, attempting to raise concerns with senior police officers in 2002 about the level of abuse, was told not to do so again, and was subsequently suspended and sidelined.[32] The researcher told BBC Panorama that:

... she had been accused of being insensitive when she told one official that most of the perpetrators were from Rotherham's Pakistani community. A female colleague talked to her about the incident. "She said you must never refer to that again – you must never refer to Asian men." "And her other response was to book me on a two-day ethnicity and diversity course to raise my awareness of ethnic issues."

Suspended and sent to diversity training because she wanted to stop mass rapes of children.

She was the bad guy in the minds of the PC Left.

I don't see how hate speech laws are "ruining Europe".
Anytime speech is restricted it doesn't end well

Restricting speech restricts the free flow of information pretty soon the only speech that will be legal is what the government wants

It's the modern day equivalent to heresy laws of the dark ages
No, its about trying to live together in a tolerant and respectful society.

One mans personal beliefs should not over-ride another mans right to live in a safe and respectful way.

If people cant offer a service to all of society then they should not be in business. Its deeply offensive to suggest that I can pick and choose my customers based on colour or sex or religion or sexuality.

My "right" becomes their oppression.

If we all respect our differences we can get along just nicely.

A society that gags people is not a tolerant one

Intolerance in the name of tolerance is still intolerance
No you are wrong.

If I say that some muslims have done bad things. I have a right to say that because it is grounded in facts that support it. That is legal and acceptable.

However if I say that ALL muslims are rapists intent on jihad that is another matter. It is based on prejudice and not facts. The effect of it is to create division and fear that will lead to violence. Where is the right to spread hate and lies taken from ?

1400 young girls raped. At least. IN this one case. And this was the reaction from the tolerate ones.

Oh, yes, I am very familiar with what happened in Rotherham, and which has been repeated throughout Britain and is still occurring. What, with the labor party electing as their leader a man who calls Hamas his friends and meets regularly with terrorists in The Pally territories, I do not expect any improvement. The cult of political correctness such as Tommy represents is still too prevalent.

It is easier for him to call people Nazis if they reject the systematic rape of children as an expression of ethnic and cultural hatred than it is to think on any meaningful level. This is really just cult behavior in action here where staying true to the cult is all that matters.

Restricting speech restricts the free flow of information pretty soon the only speech that will be legal is what the government wants

One mans personal beliefs should not over-ride another mans right to live in a safe and respectful way.

If people cant offer a service to all of society then they should not be in business. Its deeply offensive to suggest that I can pick and choose my customers based on colour or sex or religion or sexuality.

No you are wrong.

If I say that some muslims have done bad things. I have a right to say that because it is grounded in facts that support it. That is legal and acceptable.

However if I say that ALL muslims are rapists intent on jihad that is another matter. It is based on prejudice and not facts. The effect of it is to create division and fear that will lead to violence. Where is the right to spread hate and lies taken from ?

The behavior of the government in Rotherham says otherwise.

No you are wrong.

Is this the town where rapists were tried and convicted and jailed. And there have been several public enquiries to get to the root of what went wrong ?
I dont think it invalidates anything I have written.
Neither do you or you would have tackled it directly rather than having another tired swipe.

No you are wrong.

Is this the town where rapists were tried and convicted and jailed. And there have been several public enquiries to get to the root of what went wrong ?
Neither do you or you would have tackled it directly rather than having another tired swipe.

It took 16 years before the local government was able to bring itself to admit that there was an "Asian" rape ring operating and to deal with it effectively.

"Because the majority of perpetrators were Asian of Pakistani heritage, several council staff described themselves as being nervous about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others, the report noted, "remembered clear direction from their managers" not to make such identification.[31] One Home Office researcher, attempting to raise concerns with senior police officers in 2002 about the level of abuse, was told not to do so again, and was subsequently suspended and sidelined.[32]"

2002. If that researcher was not stopped by Political Correctness, that ring could have been stopped ELEVEN YEARS EARLIER.

That would have resulted in the protection from rape, abuse and torture of literally hundreds of young girls.

This example of government malfeasance invalidates EVERYTHING you have said.

YOu focus on the fact that these specific criminals were eventually arrested.

The causes of this disaster, ie Third World Immigration and Political Correctness have not been addressed, let alone reversed.

No you are wrong.

It took 16 years before the local government was able to bring itself to admit that there was an "Asian" rape ring operating and to deal with it effectively.

"Because the majority of perpetrators were Asian of Pakistani heritage, several council staff described themselves as being nervous about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought racist; others, the report noted, "remembered clear direction from their managers" not to make such identification.[31] One Home Office researcher, attempting to raise concerns with senior police officers in 2002 about the level of abuse, was told not to do so again, and was subsequently suspended and sidelined.[32]"

2002. If that researcher was not stopped by Political Correctness, that ring could have been stopped ELEVEN YEARS EARLIER.

That would have resulted in the protection from rape, abuse and torture of literally hundreds of young girls.

The causes of this disaster, ie Third World Immigration and Political Correctness have not been addressed, let alone reversed.
But you are just the flip side of "political correctness". You condemn a whole faith for the actions of a few. Your views are simplistic and ignorant.

What,or who, have I made excuses for ?

You are like Pavlov's dog.

The mere mention of Muslim men doing despicable things sends you into a frenzy of misdirection, attacks against America and Christians, and name calling of any and all who DON'T defend the behavior.

That actually goes well beyond excuses and makes you an active participant in the Islamic war against western civilization.

No you are wrong.

You have a right to say and think whatever you want.
Even if it is untrue

If someone disagrees with you they have the right to say and think whatever they want

You do not promote freedom with one hand and slap a gag on someone with the other

Censorship and freedom cannot coexist

The mere mention of Muslim men doing despicable things sends you into a frenzy of misdirection, attacks against America and Christians, and name calling of any and all who DON'T defend the behavior.

That actually goes well beyond excuses and makes you an active participant in the Islamic war against western civilization.
Thats not the case is it ? I will point out the absurdity in many of the attacks. Is it my exercise of free speech that upsets you ?

No you are wrong.

But you are just the flip side of "political correctness". You condemn a whole faith for the actions of a few. Your views are simplistic and ignorant.

THe actions of your ideological ilk in Rotherham and other British cities shows that you are not to be trusted to say what is "racist".

Calling my views "simplistic" does not mean they are not correct.

My views would have saved 1400 British children from rape and torture and forced prostitution.

Calling my views "ignorant" is incorrect.

I can see that importing a culture with a medieval view of women would lead to problems with the men of that culture dealing with females of OUR culture.

It is you and yours who were "ignorant" of that painfully obvious fact.

AND you still "ignore" the role of POlitical Correctness" in the scandal.

Indeed, you seem to be willfully "ignorant" of it.

No you are wrong.

THe actions of your ideological ilk in Rotherham and other British cities shows that you are not to be trusted to say what is "racist".

My views would have saved 1400 British children from rape and torture and forced prostitution.

I can see that importing a culture with a medieval view of women would lead to problems with the men of that culture dealing with females of OUR culture.

No you are wrong.

Even if it is untrue

If someone disagrees with you they have the right to say and think whatever they want

You do not promote freedom with one hand and slap a gag on someone with the other

Ok, thats an interesting take. Might be linked to the fact that you are killing each other every day.

Thats not the case is it ? I will point out the absurdity in many of the attacks. Is it my exercise of free speech that upsets you ?

It is the terrible human cost of your lefty policies that upset me.

"Abuses described by the report included abduction, rape and sex trafficking of children.[6] The inquiry team found examples of "children who had been doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, threatened with guns, made to witness brutally violent rapes and threatened they would be next if they told anyone".[5] The report revealed that "one child who was being prepared to give evidence received a text saying the perpetrator had her younger sister and the choice of what happened next was up to her. She withdrew her statements. At least two other families were terrorised by groups of perpetrators, sitting in cars outside the family home, smashing windows, making abusive and threatening phone calls. On some occasions child victims went back to perpetrators in the belief that this was the only way their parents and other children in the family would be safe. In the most extreme cases, no one in the family believed that the authorities could protect them."

THose families were right. The authorities could not protect them. Political Correctness prevented them from doing so.

No you are wrong.

See, once again you blame the actions of a few on to a "culture" of billions. That simple action invalidates anything else you have to say. How can you be taken seriously ?

No you are wrong.

Even if it is untrue

Ok, thats an interesting take. Might be linked to the fact that you are killing each other every day.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

I am sure that you are engaged in deflection or distraction.

Forum List

Back