What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hate Crime

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Reaction score
The topic came up on another thread. Some people are opposed to there being a special category for bias motivated crimes.

I support hate crime legislation. What are your views?

yidnar

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The topic came up on another thread. Some people are opposed to there being a special category for bias motivated crimes.

blacks commit violent crimes against whites at 80 times the rate that whites commit violent crimes against blacks...where is the outcry!!!

Last edited:

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Reaction score

They are redundant and discriminatory. Keeps lawyers busy I guess.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Reaction score
I disagree. A school is set on fire. The community has a large population of Roma. It's not a simple arson. The school is covered anti-roma graffiti, "Get out Roma'. The perpetrators are caught. They admit they lit the fire to "cleanse" the aliens from their community.

It is not simple arson. It is motivated by hate, and it's purpose is to terrify a specific class of people.

Last edited:

elvis

Rookie
Reaction score
Lorena Bobbitt committed a hate crime.

Reaction score
It's a stupid, irrational law.

Example:

Thug beats up some guy gets 2 years in prison

Thug beats up some gay guy gets 2 years + whatever for a 'hate' crime.

Is either victim less beaten up? No.

Is either victims 'special'? No.

The law is ridiculous and panders to 'special interest' groups. I disapprove of any pandering to any group.

Last edited:

Tank

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anytime someone becomes violent towards another person, it's a hate crime

OP
S

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Reaction score
No, it's not the same. On September 13, 2001, a man took a couple of gallons of gas to a mosque and burned it down to protest 9/11. No one at the Seattle mosque had anything to do with the terrorism on the East coast. This is an example of a hate crime.

This is NOT a simple arson.

Theo Van Gogh, made films critical of Islam. He was murdered by a Muslim because of his beliefs. This is a hate crime. It sends a message to an entire group. Terrorism is hate crime.

A Jewish cemetery is vandalized in Portland, Oregon. "Die Jew" and swastikas are painted on the cemetery gates. This is NOT simple vandalism.

Last edited:

yidnar

Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, it's not the same. On September 13, 2001, a man took a couple of gallons of gas to a mosque and burned it down to protest 9/11. No one at the Seattle mosque had anything to do with the terrorism on the East coast. This is an example of a hate crime.

no it's an example of arson...:eek:r did the hate make the fire burn hotter??

Last edited:

Douger

Rookie
Reaction score
.........And the solution is a 230/45.
I sit here with a 200 44 (special/silvertip) waiting for Nazi's.
The Sam-Wilson-me/ 230 is beside da bed with the 12.
The 60, with belt(s), is in an undisclosed location.
Nazi ready ! I wont need it here.......PERO. Never say never !:cool:

del

Diamond Member
Reaction score
.........And the solution is a 230/45.
I sit here with a 200 44 (special/silvertip) waiting for Nazi's.
The Sam-Wilson-me/ 230 is beside da bed with the 12.
The 60, with belt(s), is in an undisclosed location.
Nazi ready ! I wont need it here.......PERO. Never say never !:cool:

have another drink, you delusional boozebag

Reaction score

Theo Van Gogh, made films critical of Islam. He was murdered by a Muslim because of his beliefs. This is a hate crime. It sends a message to an entire group. Terrorism is hate crime.

The sentence for arson is prison. I see no reason why burning down a mosque is more important than burning down someone's home, or place of business.

The sentence for murder is prison. Again, I see no reason why someone should do more time because of a "feeling".

It is ridiculous and, worse, it singles out some victims as more important than other victims. That is not fair, it is not just - and the law is about justice. Emotive laws are always bad laws.

Immanuel

Gold Member
Reaction score

I oppose hate crime legislation.

All victims deserve equal treatment under the law. Just because a white man is beaten half to death and no racial or homophobic slurs were used during the beating does not mean that he deserves less consideration by the courts and/or the investigating departments than the black man that was beaten half to death while the assholes that beat him used racial slurs.

Both victims deserve equal satisfaction.

Immie

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List