Hate Crime

Let me add something to my last post. I was attacked by a group of people for racial reasons. Now, WHAT they did was based on hate, plain pure and simple. I called the police, and as soon as the cops left, things went to hell. Hate crime? Please. The assholes that attacked me would accuse ME of being the "HATER" as the very excuse to attack me! Something like that can be abused so easily, it's why I would oppose such a category, SKYDANCER.

So you assert without analysis. I don't know what "simple" arson is. Or "simple" shoplifting is. Or "simple" murder is. All of those crimes are clearly defined in legal codes without "simple" appended. The case that you describe seems to be arson. What the perpetrators think (or seem to think) about Roma is not arson or any other crime (at least in the US). What you seem to want to do is not merely prosecute people for what they do, but for what they think. That's dangerously close to infringing on the First Amendment (where expressing negative thoughts about ethnic groups is not excepted). Where do you propose it stop? And on what criteria? Whose thoughts get to be expressed? And whose don't? And who gets to decide?

I disagree. A school is set on fire. The community has a large population of Roma. It's not a simple arson. The school is covered anti-roma graffiti, "Get out Roma'. The perpetrators are caught. They admit they lit the fire to "cleanse" the aliens from their community.

It is not simple arson. It is motivated by hate, and it's purpose is to terrify a specific class of people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back