Hate Crime

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
The topic came up on another thread. Some people are opposed to there being a special category for bias motivated crimes.

I support hate crime legislation. What are your views?

The topic came up on another thread. Some people are opposed to there being a special category for bias motivated crimes.

blacks commit violent crimes against whites at 80 times the rate that whites commit violent crimes against blacks...where is the outcry!!!

Last edited:

They are redundant and discriminatory. Keeps lawyers busy I guess.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I disagree. A school is set on fire. The community has a large population of Roma. It's not a simple arson. The school is covered anti-roma graffiti, "Get out Roma'. The perpetrators are caught. They admit they lit the fire to "cleanse" the aliens from their community.

It is not simple arson. It is motivated by hate, and it's purpose is to terrify a specific class of people.

Last edited:
It's a stupid, irrational law.

Example:

Thug beats up some guy gets 2 years in prison

Thug beats up some gay guy gets 2 years + whatever for a 'hate' crime.

Is either victim less beaten up? No.

Is either victims 'special'? No.

The law is ridiculous and panders to 'special interest' groups. I disapprove of any pandering to any group.

Last edited:
Anytime someone becomes violent towards another person, it's a hate crime

No, it's not the same. On September 13, 2001, a man took a couple of gallons of gas to a mosque and burned it down to protest 9/11. No one at the Seattle mosque had anything to do with the terrorism on the East coast. This is an example of a hate crime.

This is NOT a simple arson.

Theo Van Gogh, made films critical of Islam. He was murdered by a Muslim because of his beliefs. This is a hate crime. It sends a message to an entire group. Terrorism is hate crime.

A Jewish cemetery is vandalized in Portland, Oregon. "Die Jew" and swastikas are painted on the cemetery gates. This is NOT simple vandalism.

Last edited:
No, it's not the same. On September 13, 2001, a man took a couple of gallons of gas to a mosque and burned it down to protest 9/11. No one at the Seattle mosque had anything to do with the terrorism on the East coast. This is an example of a hate crime.

no it's an example of arson...:eek:r did the hate make the fire burn hotter??

Last edited:
.........And the solution is a 230/45.
I sit here with a 200 44 (special/silvertip) waiting for Nazi's.
The Sam-Wilson-me/ 230 is beside da bed with the 12.
The 60, with belt(s), is in an undisclosed location.
Nazi ready ! I wont need it here.......PERO. Never say never !:cool:

.........And the solution is a 230/45.
I sit here with a 200 44 (special/silvertip) waiting for Nazi's.
The Sam-Wilson-me/ 230 is beside da bed with the 12.
The 60, with belt(s), is in an undisclosed location.
Nazi ready ! I wont need it here.......PERO. Never say never !:cool:

have another drink, you delusional boozebag

Theo Van Gogh, made films critical of Islam. He was murdered by a Muslim because of his beliefs. This is a hate crime. It sends a message to an entire group. Terrorism is hate crime.

The sentence for arson is prison. I see no reason why burning down a mosque is more important than burning down someone's home, or place of business.

The sentence for murder is prison. Again, I see no reason why someone should do more time because of a "feeling".

It is ridiculous and, worse, it singles out some victims as more important than other victims. That is not fair, it is not just - and the law is about justice. Emotive laws are always bad laws.

I oppose hate crime legislation.

All victims deserve equal treatment under the law. Just because a white man is beaten half to death and no racial or homophobic slurs were used during the beating does not mean that he deserves less consideration by the courts and/or the investigating departments than the black man that was beaten half to death while the assholes that beat him used racial slurs.

Both victims deserve equal satisfaction.

Immie

Forum List

Back