Has anyone seen any Salvation Army bell ringers this year?

Chuckt

Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any Salvation Army bell ringers this year? I have not.

martybegan

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Plenty, they always get at a minumum at least a dollar, and if not, whatever pocket change I have on me.

AquaAthena

Law and Order-Now
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't but that is no doubt, because I get to the stores way before they do. The Salvation Army is my favorite charity and I am delighted to contribute to them. :D

BreezeWood

VIP Member
Reaction score

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, but not as many in years past. I've seen a couple of unattended buckets, too.

I never walk past them without putting something in the till.

These are most often paid jobs, y'know.

hunarcy

Gold Member
Reaction score
They are in front of Walmart stores...guess they get more donations from customers there.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Twice. Once going into the store and once leaving. Other than that ive been avoiding stores.

Drumhead

Rookie
Reaction score
I've noticed too that the ones usually at my Kroger are gone lately.
Actually, it is Kroger where I have seen them. And I also give generously. I almost always give on the way out, as I do not have cash dangling around in my poskets. So once in the store, I reach into the wallet and pull out 1 bill of a certain denomination and put it in the till on the way out.

I've also noticed the till is much more closed, meaning the entry point of your donation is much smaller. I take it this is to not make it so visible what is actually inside, so someone doesn't think it is for them and run away with it.

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Reaction score
I've noticed too that the ones usually at my Kroger are gone lately.
Actually, it is Kroger where I have seen them. And I also give generously. I almost always give on the way out, as I do not have cash dangling around in my poskets. So once in the store, I reach into the wallet and pull out 1 bill of a certain denomination and put it in the till on the way out.

I've also noticed the till is much more closed, meaning the entry point of your donation is much smaller. I take it this is to not make it so visible what is actually inside, so someone doesn't think it is for them and run away with it.
The one I go to is a Super Store and busy all the time. It just made me wonder why they aren't there much anymore.

Drumhead

Rookie
Reaction score
The one I go to is tucked down in the Houston area of Texas. Who knows, maybe weather does have something to do with it.

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There were two at the local mall this afternoon. One guy was talking to three of his buddies while swinging the bell, and the other was sitting in a chair talking to a buddy. Kinda lame.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List