Has anyone seen any Salvation Army bell ringers this year?

Yes, but not as many in years past. I've seen a couple of unattended buckets, too.

I never walk past them without putting something in the till.

These are most often paid jobs, y'know.

Yes. Twice. Once going into the store and once leaving. Other than that ive been avoiding stores.

Has anyone seen any Salvation Army bell ringers this year? I have not.

I've noticed too that the ones usually at my Kroger are gone lately.

Actually, it is Kroger where I have seen them. And I also give generously. I almost always give on the way out, as I do not have cash dangling around in my poskets. So once in the store, I reach into the wallet and pull out 1 bill of a certain denomination and put it in the till on the way out.

I've also noticed the till is much more closed, meaning the entry point of your donation is much smaller. I take it this is to not make it so visible what is actually inside, so someone doesn't think it is for them and run away with it.

Has anyone seen any Salvation Army bell ringers this year? I have not.

I've noticed too that the ones usually at my Kroger are gone lately.

Actually, it is Kroger where I have seen them. And I also give generously. I almost always give on the way out, as I do not have cash dangling around in my poskets. So once in the store, I reach into the wallet and pull out 1 bill of a certain denomination and put it in the till on the way out.

I've also noticed the till is much more closed, meaning the entry point of your donation is much smaller. I take it this is to not make it so visible what is actually inside, so someone doesn't think it is for them and run away with it.

The one I go to is a Super Store and busy all the time. It just made me wonder why they aren't there much anymore.

The one I go to is tucked down in the Houston area of Texas. Who knows, maybe weather does have something to do with it.

There were two at the local mall this afternoon. One guy was talking to three of his buddies while swinging the bell, and the other was sitting in a chair talking to a buddy. Kinda lame.

Forum List

Back