Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 19, 2015)

school-desegregation.jpg

I should've known better.
I was hoping for a genuine holiday wishes thread where we could discuss some of MLKs accomplishments.

So much for that.
Even the OP couldn't help but take a political shot

I don't know about you lazy fucks but I'm working today.

Remembering some dead guy is not as important as my financial security

I was living in Memphis when King was shot.

What a sad day. But as harsh as it may sound, his death probably pushed his cause forward even faster. Kinda like JFK's death probably pushed his agenda forward even faster.

King - in my book - is right up there with all our other founding fathers. If not for King, those others' promises would have been empty for so many Americans.

Martin Luther King Jr. Day (officially Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.)[1] is an American federal holiday marking the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. It is observed on the third Monday of January each year, which is around the time of King's birthday, January 15. The floating holiday is similar to holidays set under the Uniform Monday Holiday Act.

King was the chief spokesman for nonviolent activism in the civil rights movement, which successfully protested racial discrimination in federal and state law. The campaign for a federal holiday in King's honor began soon after his assassination in 1968. President Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it was first observed three years later. At first, some states resisted observing the holiday as such, giving it alternative names or combining it with other holidays. It was officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000.

Much More: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Signing King's holiday into law in 1983 was one of the few great things Reagan ever accomplished. America owes much to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He will always be remembered as a nonviolent civil rights hero and national icon.

Me smokum peace pipe today...

What a sad day. But as harsh as it may sound, his death probably pushed his cause forward even faster. Kinda like JFK's death probably pushed his agenda forward even faster.

King - in my book - is right up there with all our other founding fathers. If not for King, those others' promises would have been empty for so many Americans.
If he wasn't shot he would have become the shakedown artist that his disciples became.

It wasn't a sad day. It was a joyous day. And how dare you insult the founding fathers by saying this sub-human communist womanizing mongrel is right up there with them. Again, how insulting. The founders would have never excepted King. After all, this country was founded for white people. Kings actions has cost this country dearly. His actions has cost the American taxpayers dearly, with their pocketbooks and lives. Kings actions has caused the negro to expect lifetime generational welfare handouts. He has caused nothing but generational racial strife against whites within the negro community.

It wasn't a sad day. It was a joyous day. And how dare you insult the founding fathers by saying this sub-human communist womanizing mongrel is right up there with them. Again, how insulting. The founders would have never excepted King. After all, this country was founded for white people. Kings actions has cost this country dearly. His actions has cost the American taxpayers dearly, with their pocketbooks and lives. Kings actions has caused the negro to expect lifetime generational welfare handouts. He has caused nothing but generational racial strife against whites within the negro community.

Was it also a "joyous day" when Reagan was shot?

Was it also a "joyous day" when Reagan was shot?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely not.

I love yanking the racists' chains. It's so easy.

And soooo easy to get them to identify themselves. But then again, if they were bright, they wouldn't be racists.

New Topics

Forum List

Back