Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 19, 2015)

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Martin Luther King Jr. Day (officially Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.)[1] is an American federal holiday marking the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. It is observed on the third Monday of January each year, which is around the time of King's birthday, January 15. The floating holiday is similar to holidays set under the Uniform Monday Holiday Act.

King was the chief spokesman for nonviolent activism in the civil rights movement, which successfully protested racial discrimination in federal and state law. The campaign for a federal holiday in King's honor began soon after his assassination in 1968. President Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it was first observed three years later. At first, some states resisted observing the holiday as such, giving it alternative names or combining it with other holidays. It was officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000.

Much More: Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Signing King's holiday into law in 1983 was one of the few great things Reagan ever accomplished. America owes much to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He will always be remembered as a nonviolent civil rights hero and national icon.

Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on His 86th Birthday

Few people today know of Dr. King's opinions on issues like poverty and income inequality, or of his early support for Israel and his public opposition to the war in Vietnam. This blog post addresses someof the important contemporary domestic and international issues that I believe would be of major concern to Dr. King if he were alive today.

More: Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on His 86th Birthday Clarence B. Jones

Remembering this great man on his birthday.

While I do revere this Holiday, I refuse to fly the Flag of the United States.

There's something about Negroes and Communism that rings all too familiar today.

h6U4txLh_1602141638551.jpg

So, the supreme forum racist thinks "racial nationalism" equals "communism"...?

So why do you care? You posted this thread trying to get the responses you are getting, I see very little difference between what you do and those who post threads about Robert E. Lee. Shit stirrers that is all.

So to honor King, one of the greatest advocates of black self help and independence, we stay out of school and dont work.
Go figure.

Yeah, sort of like Jesus' birthday.
Nothing like Jesus' birthday, you gibbering idiot.

Jesus was an unemployed hippie community organizer of questionable heritage. Dr. King worked for a living.
Was that somehow responsive to anything I wrote?

While I do revere this Holiday, I refuse to fly the Flag of the United States.

There's something about Negroes and Communism that rings all too familiar today.
James Earl Ray was only acting in self-defense!
Get some skank on, Brotch. :slap:
Cop hating thug lover! :mad:
Your fighting words embroil my passion to Brotch-slap you all the more. :slap:

Forum List

Back