Happy Birthday to Neil Young.........

Anyone with such a poor singing voice that did so well for himself is worthy of respect.

The song was written for the caretaker of the Northern California Broken Arrow Ranch, which Young purchased for US$350,000 in 1970 (equivalent to US$2,637,446 in 2022).

The song compares a young man's life to an old man's and shows that the young man has, to some extent, the same needs as the old one.

James Taylor played six-string banjo (tuned like a guitar) and sang on the song, and Linda Ronstadt also contributed vocals. -WIKI

Southern man, better keep your head
Don't forget what your good book said
Southern change gonna come at last
Now your crosses are burning fast
Southern man
I saw cotton and I saw black
Tall white mansions and little shacks
Southern man, when will you pay them back?
I heard screamin' and bullwhips cracking
How long? How long? How?

The rocker turns 78 years YOUNG today, What are some of your favorite songs by him? Mine include "Heart of Gold" and "Cinnamon Girl".

Gee, I have several original pressings of most of his best early albums. So much good material there, not even counting his work with Crosby, Stills and Nash.
Too bad it turns out that he is a rampant far leftist bitter radical.
But I like him anyway. Happy B-Day, Neil.

Gee, I have several original pressings of most of his best early albums. So much good material there, not even counting his work with Crosby, Stills and Nash.
Too bad it turns out that he is a rampant far leftist bitter radical.
But I like him anyway. Happy B-Day, Neil.

The Laurel Canyon connection can't be denied in his early work.

Omg I loved so many of Neil Young's songs. Maybe the reason is because he has same birthday month as me. Or maybe because he was a Canadian and for some reason I seem to like Canadian singers and Actors. Or maybe it is because I have agreed with some of his political statements he has made. For whatever reason all my life I seemed to have loved his music.

Cowgirl in the Sand

Cinnamon Girl

Anyone with such a poor singing voice that did so well for himself is worthy of respect.

The song was written for the caretaker of the Northern California Broken Arrow Ranch, which Young purchased for US$350,000 in 1970 (equivalent to US$2,637,446 in 2022).

The song compares a young man's life to an old man's and shows that the young man has, to some extent, the same needs as the old one.

James Taylor played six-string banjo (tuned like a guitar) and sang on the song, and Linda Ronstadt also contributed vocals. -WIKI

One of the first albums I ever bought. Happy B-day Neil!

Forum List

Back