Haitians worried about deportation should start planning now, lawyers say

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Starting in February, Haitians began showing up at the low-cost health center run by Borinquen Medical Centers of Miami-Dade worrying about what they’ll do if the federal government ends the program that protects them from deportation.

Anxious and scared, they’re searching for answers if the Trump administration decides they must return to Haiti, which is still struggling to rebound from a 2010 earthquake, a deadly cholera epidemic and a hurricane last year.

“They are scared of what’s going to happen to their kids, of what’s going to happen to them,” said Emma Manuella Fleurimont, a mental health counselor at one of the centers.

“Some of them have been living here for years. They have everything here. They have nothing in their country,” Fleurimont said. “Imagine someone who came from Haiti after the earthquake. They lost their house, maybe family members, and now you tell that person you’re going to send them back to Haiti. What is this person going to do?”

.....Lawyers Marlon Hill and Vanessa Joseph, who works with Catholic Legal Services, called for Haitians to remain vigilant as they wait for word from Washington.

Miami Republican Sen. Marco Rubio said Friday he's been lobbying on behalf of the community.

“I have been working diligently with DHS and the administration, and I feel confident they will extend the TPS program for Haitians,” he told the Miami Herald.

Read more here: Haitians worried about deportation should start planning now, lawyers say

Good to know.

Read more here: Haitians worried about deportation should start planning now, lawyers say

I dunno maybe they can make a few more woodoo dolls in trumps shape and curse him with amnesia so that he forgets that he deports them. Hehe.

Haitians are losers, they were the west' first independent democracy and ever since they are just nose diving backwards, now they believe that it is some dead guy called papa doc that controls their brains from hell with woodoo rays. Is there a way to nuke that island before they infect the world? The Bikini Islands was a mistake to choose for US nuclear tests, they should have chosen Haiti.

I dunno maybe they can make a few more woodoo dolls in trumps shape and curse him with amnesia so that he forgets that he deports them. Hehe.

Haitians are losers... they believe that it is some dead guy called papa doc that controls their brains from hell with woodoo rays. .....

Have you ever spoken to a Haitian person once in your life?

Forum List

Back