Guy Learns He's Wanted for Murder on TV News, Goes to Police, Police Ignore Him

wiggles

Dec 30, 2006
Man watches news, finds out he's wanted for murder, tries to turn himself in but the cops don't seem to care.

Last Update: Mar 24, 2007 11:38 PM

Posted By: LaTresha Woodruff

Video

Believing he shot and killed a man Wednesday night, North Little Rock Police labeled Jimmy Jones armed and dangerous. Jones remained free until Saturday when he showed up at the parking lot of Fox 16 saying he wanted to turn himself.

Jones says he learned from the news that he was wanted for murder. He says he went to the Pulaski County Jail to try to turn himself in on the first degree murder warrant Saturday and waited three hours but nothing happened.

Confused and fearing for his life, Jones showed up at FOX16 claiming he didn't kill anyone and asking for help in turning himself in. "Like I said I am trying to turn myself in before they kill me because they say I'm armed and dangerous. As you see I don't have no weapons on me. I'm not armed and dangerous, I'm not the violent person they trying to make me out a violent person."

When Jimmy Jones shows up telling us this story. "They say I'm wanted for first degree murder for something I don't know nothing about."

We alert police and staying true to his claim of wanting to turn himself in he also calls police. "Yes, my name is Jimmy Jones, I've been trying to turn myself in for the last three hours. I called the North Little Rock Police Department and told the detective I was at the Pulaski County Jail in the parking lot. Right now I'm at Channel FOX16 news channel and I'm willing to turn myself in."

With Jones still on the phone Little Rock Police show up. He hugs his mother and allows them to take him into custody without any trouble. He is later transported to North Little Rock. Police there believe Jones shot and killed Marcus Hickman outside this home on Vines Street Wednesday night.

While Jones says he didn't do it, witnesses say he and Hickman had a previous disagreement that ended with Jones shooting Hickman to death.

Jones is back where he says he started his day, the Pulaski County Jail. This time he's behind bars on a first degree murder charge. It's still unclear at this time why Jones wasn't arrested when he says he first went to the jail.

Jimmy Jones is a pretty common name. If he knows nothing about this murder, why turn himself in? Also if he didn't commit the murder...why is he turning himself in as opposed to clarifying the situation???

Jimmy Jones is a pretty common name. If he knows nothing about this murder, why turn himself in? Also if he didn't commit the murder...why is he turning himself in as opposed to clarifying the situation???
When you have an arrest warrant for murder, there is nothing you can do but turn yourself in.

dedeedee.jpg

DEE DAH DEEEEEE

Yeah I don't think you really have a choice. His coming forward willingly will probably - hopefully if he's innocent - bode well for him.
That would be freaky as hell though to be just hanging out watching the news and find out you're wanted for murder.

Forum List

Back