Guns are to blame--not people.

Crime decreased due to the economy and more and more states adopting CCW laws. Today we use our firearms between 1 to 4 million times a year for self-defense or to stop a crime from taking place. But successful programs like stop and frisk along with three strikes were eventually eliminated by the left. Over the past year violent crime once again went up by 30% in most commie cities that use hand slapping instead of hard time to deal with criminals.
Guy, you just made a statement that single mothers were causing crime...

But the numbers show that crime has actually gone down over the last 30 years.

The one crime that hasn't gone down- gun homicides.. those have gone up.

There factors rarely mentioned on the decrease of crime since the 1990s …
None of which had anything to do with guns. In fact, gun murders increased.

Here's why Crime went down. First, the economy got better. Secondly, the Baby Boom ended in 1965, which means that the cases of Dumbass went down when those kids started aging out of the Dumbass Pool.

Guy, you just made a statement that single mothers were causing crime...

But the numbers show that crime has actually gone down over the last 30 years.

The one crime that hasn't gone down- gun homicides.. those have gone up.

Most of which were suicides which are not actual attacks on other people.

I never said single mothers were causing any crime. What I said is that incarcerated people mostly come from single-family homes. It's also in relation to poverty. According to the CDC, it costs a middle-class parent(s) 244 thousand dollars for each child between birth and the age of 18. If you want the now standard family, you better have a half-million to shell out in the next 20 years. Tough even for a couple yet alone a single-mother.

If violent crime decreased, why has incarceration increased during the same period/ Drugs? Not really enough to change statistics all that much.

350px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

Could it be that the more people we send away, the less violent crime we have?

Last edited:
Most of which were suicides which are not actual attacks on other people.

Nope, I specificially said "homicides".

Gun Homicides increased from 9257 in 1998 to 14389 in 2019, and the numbers from 2020 are going to be truly horrific when they are tabulated. You flood your streets with guns, people are going to settle their disagreements with GUNS.

I never said single mothers were causing any crime. What I said is that incarcerated people mostly come from single-family homes. It's also in relation to poverty. According to the CDC, it costs a middle-class parent(s) 244 thousand dollars for each child between birth and the age of 18. If you want the now standard family, you better have a half-million to shell out in the next 20 years. Tough even for a couple yet alone a single-mother.

Except, again, not really. that's 244K over 18 years. Or about 13K a year. Now, yeah, the fact that we have so many poor people in this country is kind of awful and we ought to be ashamed, but unwed motherhood isn't the problem.

The French are close to 60% unwed motherhood... Guess what, they also have a sensible system of social welfare, so they have NOWHERE NEAR our crime rates. And before you go to you "Blame the darkies, but I'm totally not racist" stance, the French have a lot of minorities from their colonial days.

If violent crime decreased, why has incarceration increased during the same period/ Drugs? Not really enough to change statistics all that much.

Incarceration has increased because we have a Prison Industrial Complex that locks up people for petty drug and property crimes. It's been a social disaster. But as Deep Throat said, "Follow the Money". Someone is making big bucks off locking up 2 million people.

Once again- the Europeans don't do this, because it's stupid. They only lock up the truly dangerous.

Gun Homicides increased from 9257 in 1998 to 14389 in 2019, and the numbers from 2020 are going to be truly horrific when they are tabulated. You flood your streets with guns, people are going to settle their disagreements with GUNS.

Except, again, not really. that's 244K over 18 years. Or about 13K a year. Now, yeah, the fact that we have so many poor people in this country is kind of awful and we ought to be ashamed, but unwed motherhood isn't the problem.

The French are close to 60% unwed motherhood... Guess what, they also have a sensible system of social welfare, so they have NOWHERE NEAR our crime rates. And before you go to you "Blame the darkies, but I'm totally not racist" stance, the French have a lot of minorities from their colonial days.

Incarceration has increased because we have a Prison Industrial Complex that locks up people for petty drug and property crimes. It's been a social disaster. But as Deep Throat said, "Follow the Money". Someone is making big bucks off locking up 2 million people.

Once again- the Europeans don't do this, because it's stupid. They only lock up the truly dangerous.

Nope, gun murders actually went down. A slight increase in mass shootings which the FBI considers four or more deaths. Accidental deaths were up quite a bit. Suicides up a tad. Children up a bit mostly due to drive by's and teen gang activity. And uninentional shootings up quite a bit.

As for unewd mothers, of course they are a problem. As you know I listen to my police scanner all the time. It's constant calls from mothers on their own children. When kids decide on the limits is how they end up in trouble with the law. And there you go again, trying to compare a country of mostly white people with our diverse country. Apples and oranges which is always the case with you. Why don't you try making similar comparisons.

If there are such big bucks in prisons, why is it this country doesn't have enough of them? Judges especially in big cities are pressured into handing out lighter sentences because they have no place to put these people without creating an overcrowding problem, another factor in our crime in this country. Quit listening to commie propaganda and start reading the news.

Well, it changes a lot. Today we don't have militias, we have a professional army and professional police forces. So there is really no good reason for an average citizen to own a gun.

The thing was, in colonial times, gun ownership was rare. Guns were too expensive for most people to own, the firing mechanisms had to be imported from Europe. Like most of the "rights" established by the Founding Slave Rapists, they were meant for a class of the landed gentry, not regular folks.

No; we still have militias, both defined in the Constitution and in current Federal Law.
You show how ignorant you are. We do have a militia; it is all the men 17 to 45 by Federal Law. By original intent, it is all men 16 to 60. Though Federal Law cannot change the Constitution, you can choose which you accept because, in either case, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You're completely wrong about gun ownership in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Most rifles were privately held by about 6 to 1 ratio; for example, in Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia newspaper, The Democratic Press, put it this way:

Our stock of Public Arms are respectable but it is still more gratifying to observe the number of Private Arms returned. There are no less than twelve thousand six hundred and seventy-eight Rifles reported as private property, and two thousand and thirty-eight public rifles …. Sharp Shooting, Good Marksmanship, is eminently a trait in the American Character

In fact, during the first decades of the 19th century, Tench Coxe oversaw the program that delivered arms created under Federal contract to the states and, ultimately, issued without charge to those in the militia who could not afford their own arms. These were termed returnable arms, in that they remained the property of the State. Even so, having a government arm was considered charity - something frowned upon by our forefathers.

It wasn't until 1807 and 1808 that the government began to arm any in the militia; every man was expected to provide his own arms, reinforcing the fact that the 2nd Amendment, even when considering the prefatory clause as controlling, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Congress cannot undo the 2nd Amendment simply by creating a State administered but federally controlled armory where those who the government chooses can be assigned the temporary use of an arm for when the government approves.

The argument that the National Guard is the militia is absurd. For instance, the Constitution states that Congress shall have the authority to provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions.

Nowhere is the Congress or the Federal Government, including the President, authorized by the Constitution to call the militia to fight on foreign soil, yet the National Guard and reserves accounted for 45% of the troops ordered into the Mid-East over the last 20 years. Where in the Constitution, and I quoted the authority above, does it give the Federal Government the authority to send State militias into foreign wars?

The National Guard is a federal military force that the Federal Government plays some games to pretend, and make idiots like you believe, that it legally and constitutionally replaces the Militia. It does not.

There's a globalist hiding under your bed, right now.

Obviously, I have kind of a personal view, as my Grandfather came here from Germany in 1925. (He then attempted to return in 1930 but realized that the country was going nuts and decided to stay in America.)

Yes, misery was rampant, and Hilter, like Trump, tried to blame a marginalized minority instead of blaming the people really responsible.
Which marginalized minority did Trump blame?

Nope, gun murders actually went down. A slight increase in mass shootings which the FBI considers four or more deaths. Accidental deaths were up quite a bit. Suicides up a tad. Children up a bit mostly due to drive by's and teen gang activity. And uninentional shootings up quite a bit.

As for unewd mothers, of course they are a problem. As you know I listen to my police scanner all the time. It's constant calls from mothers on their own children. When kids decide on the limits is how they end up in trouble with the law. And there you go again, trying to compare a country of mostly white people with our diverse country. Apples and oranges which is always the case with you. Why don't you try making similar comparisons.

If there are such big bucks in prisons, why is it this country doesn't have enough of them? Judges especially in big cities are pressured into handing out lighter sentences because they have no place to put these people without creating an overcrowding problem, another factor in our crime in this country. Quit listening to commie propaganda and start reading the news.
The two officers killed in NYC last week were killed after the killer's mother called them on her own son.

The two officers killed in NYC last week were killed after the killer's mother called them on her own son.

And this goes on all the time. About two months ago in my suburb two black kids, ages 12 and 13 shot and killed a 14 year old. Do you think these two kids were raised in a two parent household?

From 1993 to 2015 ownership of guns and carrying g guns increased by the millions…….from about 200 million guns in private hands to over 600 million……from about 2 million people legally carrying guns to over 19.5 million…..

Gun murder in that 22 year period went down 49%

gun crime went down 75%

So you are full of shit…..

gun ownership by normal people does not increase gun crime or gun murder…..

What caused the increase in gun murder starting in 2015?

The democrat party decided that attacking the police was the strategy they wanted to use……..so they went to war on the police…to the point that police across the country stopped going after street level criminals because the political party you vote for went after their jobs, their pensions and their freedom…..

the democrats then unleashed their brown shirts, BLM and antifa to burn, loot and kill…….in primarily black neighborhoods…….for 7 months and the democrat party mayors and governors ordered their police officers to stand down……

At the same time, the slave rapist party you vote for ……you called the founders slave rapists, yet the democrat party was created by two slave owners……you vote for the democrats…….

the democrat party prosecutors and judges, since 2015 have gone into overdrive releasing known, violent, repeat gun offenders…….they release them over and over again…..no matter how many times they are arrested for felony gun possession, armed robberies and even murder……

So no, gun ownership isn’t causing gun crime……the democrat party, founded by slave rapists caused the increase in gun murder….

Nope, gun murders actually went down.
No, they went up... as stated in the link I provided.

As for unewd mothers, of course they are a problem. As you know I listen to my police scanner all the time.
Yes, we realize your life is sad, Ray.

It's constant calls from mothers on their own children. When kids decide on the limits is how they end up in trouble with the law.

Uh, let's get real here... kids are gonna be kids. My idiot brother who is now a trump supporter got into all sorts of trouble when he was a teen, even though we had pretty strict parents. The only difference is that he was white, and he got a pass, while kids of color don't.

And there you go again, trying to compare a country of mostly white people with our diverse country. Apples and oranges which is always the case with you. Why don't you try making similar comparisons.

Actually, the UK and France have substantial minority populations... and 'diversity" should have nothing to do with it. Either we have liberty and justice for all or we don't.

If there are such big bucks in prisons, why is it this country doesn't have enough of them?

We don't. We have too many. We lock up 2 million people.

Judges especially in big cities are pressured into handing out lighter sentences because they have no place to put these people without creating an overcrowding problem, another factor in our crime in this country.

That's true. There was this guy who shot a kid 16 times, and they gave him 7 years, but they let him out in three...oh, wait, he was an ex-cop.

No, but seriously, the problem here is that we lock up too many people for drug and minor property offenses, because there's big money in prisons for the companies living off the government dime. That's where the profit part comes in. Of course, schmucks like you are paying for it.

Quit listening to commie propaganda and start reading the news.
I have read the news... America is failing miserably on crime compared to other countries. We really need to try something else.

No, they went up... as stated in the link I provided.

Yes, we realize your life is sad, Ray.

Uh, let's get real here... kids are gonna be kids. My idiot brother who is now a trump supporter got into all sorts of trouble when he was a teen, even though we had pretty strict parents. The only difference is that he was white, and he got a pass, while kids of color don't.

Actually, the UK and France have substantial minority populations... and 'diversity" should have nothing to do with it. Either we have liberty and justice for all or we don't.

We don't. We have too many. We lock up 2 million people.

That's true. There was this guy who shot a kid 16 times, and they gave him 7 years, but they let him out in three...oh, wait, he was an ex-cop.

No, but seriously, the problem here is that we lock up too many people for drug and minor property offenses, because there's big money in prisons for the companies living off the government dime. That's where the profit part comes in. Of course, schmucks like you are paying for it.

I have read the news... America is failing miserably on crime compared to other countries. We really need to try something else.

Correct, we do need to try something else, but people are not smart enough to stop voting Democrat. They keep voting for the same failed politicians over and over and over again. That's why Lighthead is your Mayor. We are not hurting for prison space? How many links would you like me to post that say you're FOS as always? Yes kids will be kids, but if you didn't have that white privilege of growing up in a two parent household, your brother might be in prison or dead today; maybe you as well.

UK demographics.

Ethnic groups
White: 87.2% Black/African/Caribbean British: 3% Indian/British: 2.3% Pakistani/British: 1.9%, Mixed race: 2% Other: 3.7% (2011 est.)

France Demographics​

A law from 1872 prohibits the French Republic from conducting a census by making any official distinction between its citizens in terms of race or religious beliefs, so French demographics can be a bit hard to determine. In 2004, it was estimated that 85% of the population of Metropolitan France was white or of European origin, with 10% from North Africa, 3.5% Black and 1.5% Asian.

Correct, we do need to try something else, but people are not smart enough to stop voting Democrat. They keep voting for the same failed politicians over and over and over again. That's why Lighthead is your Mayor. We are not hurting for prison space? How many links would you like me to post that say you're FOS as always? Yes kids will be kids, but if you didn't have that white privilege of growing up in a two parent household, your brother might be in prison or dead today; maybe you as well.

Uh, guy, we are hurting for prison space.

Prison overcrowding has always been a serious problem, correlated with increased violence, lack of adequate health care, limited programming and educational opportunities, and reduced visitation. But during the current pandemic, overcrowded prisons — and even prisons operating at levels approaching capacity — are more deadly than ever. In a recent study of Texas prison capacity, COVID infection rates, and mortality, researchers found that prisons holding between 94 and 102% of their capacity had higher infection rates and more deaths than prisons operating at 85% of their total capacity, suggesting that a prison’s crowdedness correlates with viral spread. This makes sense when we consider that many state and local governments have mandated restaurants, retail spaces, and schools to operate at a reduced capacity to slow the spread of COVID-19 through communities.

The only white privilege he got was the cops treated him differently than when they caught a black kid. Ironically, we haven't talked in 5 years because he's friends with that POS Cop who shot the kid 16 time (and only spent 3 years in prison for it because our system is racist.) He could have been that kid if he were black.

UK demographics.

So you just admitted that UK and France aren't completely white, yet they have nowhere near our crime levels...

Wait for it... Wait for it...

It must be the guns.

Prison overcrowding has always been a serious problem, correlated with increased violence, lack of adequate health care, limited programming and educational opportunities, and reduced visitation. But during the current pandemic, overcrowded prisons — and even prisons operating at levels approaching capacity — are more deadly than ever. In a recent study of Texas prison capacity, COVID infection rates, and mortality, researchers found that prisons holding between 94 and 102% of their capacity had higher infection rates and more deaths than prisons operating at 85% of their total capacity, suggesting that a prison’s crowdedness correlates with viral spread. This makes sense when we consider that many state and local governments have mandated restaurants, retail spaces, and schools to operate at a reduced capacity to slow the spread of COVID-19 through communities.

The only white privilege he got was the cops treated him differently than when they caught a black kid. Ironically, we haven't talked in 5 years because he's friends with that POS Cop who shot the kid 16 time (and only spent 3 years in prison for it because our system is racist.) He could have been that kid if he were black.

So you just admitted that UK and France aren't completely white, yet they have nowhere near our crime levels...

It must be the guns.

WTF are you talking about? I just posted links that at most they have less than 3% of blacks in those countries. Over 50% of our murders are committed by just 7% of our population in this country which are black males. So it makes a world of difference. It's the same here in the US. If your city has a scant amount of blacks, you won't see much trouble from them. They stand out. Once you get past the 50% range, that's when the armed robberies take place, murders, riots, businesses closing up and leaving.

It must be the guns.

It's a lie. The prisons were emptied for Covid and to make room for political (mask) criminals.

It's a lie. The prisons were emptied for Covid and to make room for political (mask) criminals.

We've literally seen almost exactly that, in some blue states.

Law-abiding business owners arrested and jailed for trying to keep their businesses open in defiance of the illegal shutdowns, and dangerous, violent criminals turned loose to make room for them.

Law-abiding business owners arrested and jailed for trying to keep their businesses open in defiance of the illegal shutdowns, and dangerous, violent criminals turned loose to make room for them.

Yes, if someone just committed murder then the risk of them getting Fauci is just too great in prison so they must be let go. But if someone defied Fauci then they go to prison regardless of the risk of catching Fauci.

WTF are you talking about? I just posted links that at most they have less than 3% of blacks in those countries. Over 50% of our murders are committed by just 7% of our population in this country which are black males. So it makes a world of difference. It's the same here in the US. If your city has a scant amount of blacks, you won't see much trouble from them. They stand out. Once you get past the 50% range, that's when the armed robberies take place, murders, riots, businesses closing up and leaving.

Tell us again how not racist you are, Ray.
That shit never gets old.

Oh, crime in Cleveland is worse than Crime in Chicago...

Well, try to overcome the Cult Brainwashing here and use some logic, Mormon Bob.

Who is the greater threat. The guy who steals a TV, or the guy who keeps a store open for an unnecessary service and continues to spread Covid.

Hint. Only one of those actions might result in people DYING

Tell us again how not racist you are, Ray.
That shit never gets old.

Oh, crime in Cleveland is worse than Crime in Chicago...

We didn't have one murder all last week. How did you commies in Chicago do?

Statistics can't be racist. Statistics are simply facts that you can't accept.

Well, try to overcome the Cult Brainwashing here and use some logic, Mormon Bob.

Who is the greater threat. The guy who steals a TV, or the guy who keeps a store open for an unnecessary service and continues to spread Covid.

Covid was still with us last year and this year and all those unnecessart businesses stayed open. You must have missed the latest John Hopkins report. Lockdowns didn't so shit in stopping the virus.

A much greater threat than those two combined is those who have exploited an exaggerated cold/flu outbreak to sabotage the economy and destroy basic freedoms, and the useful idiots who are stupid enough to believe and obey them.

Your usual effort to dismiss the impact of a common criminal on the rights of human beings is noted.

Forum List

Back