Guns are to blame--not people.

Then why is it legal in my state to own a firearm? Does that question disqualify you from buying a gun? If so, then gun sellers in my state are in violation of the law which I seriously doubt.

Not much different than any other commie city in the country.

That would have been difficult, as we had electric stoves in that complex.

We should take guns away from people who are a danger to themselves or others.... that's actually pretty sensible.

And how would you know if a person is a harm to themselves or others? Again you leftists with your obsession of Thought Police.

In our country you are considered innocent until proven guilty; a law abiding citizen until you break our laws. I know you hate this idea of protecting the innocent, but that's the way this country should remain.

And how would you know if a person is a harm to themselves or others? Again you leftists with your obsession of Thought Police.

In our country you are considered innocent until proven guilty; a law abiding citizen until you break our laws. I know you hate this idea of protecting the innocent, but that's the way this country should remain.

Well, let's take my neighbor. He shot out a window. When the police responded, he lied at first saying someone shot in at him, but that was quickly disproven by the glass shatter pattern. At the point, the cops SHOULD have confiscated his gun. But they didn't.

A couple weeks later, he killed himself with that same gun.

Let's get real here, you guys are already holding the rest of us hostage with your fetish, as we never know when one of you is going to go Full Lanza and shoot up a school or a mall or a theater.

Well, let's take my neighbor. He shot out a window. When the police responded, he lied at first saying someone shot in at him, but that was quickly disproven by the glass shatter pattern. At the point, the cops SHOULD have confiscated his gun. But they didn't.

Let's get real here, you guys are already holding the rest of us hostage with your fetish, as we never know when one of you is going to go Full Lanza and shoot up a school or a mall or a theater.

If he wanted to kill himself, not having a gun wouldn't have stopped him. After all, only half of all suicides in the US are by guns. The other half succeeded in other ways.

What evidence did police have it was him that shot the gun? Did they find the bullet and do an on-the-spot ballistics test on it? A broken window can be caused by a lot of things.

Like I have said so many times, we are a nation of innocent until proven guilty. It's why he was not charged or arrested either. A police officer needs evidence to arrest anybody.

If he wanted to kill himself, not having a gun wouldn't have stopped him. After all, only half of all suicides in the US are by guns. The other half succeeded in other ways.

What evidence did police have it was him that shot the gun? Did they find the bullet and do an on-the-spot ballistics test on it? A broken window can be caused by a lot of things.

Like I have said so many times, we are a nation of innocent until proven guilty. It's why he was not charged or arrested either. A police officer needs evidence to arrest anybody.

Well, he admitted it when they caught in him in his lies... so there was that. I doubt they searched very car and tree outside to see if any of them had a bullet stuck in it.

He probably should have been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm and lying to the police. But he gave them some sob story about how he was sick, (He had cancer), and they felt sorry for him. Again, Squirrel Cops...

Well, he admitted it when they caught in him in his lies... so there was that. I doubt they searched very car and tree outside to see if any of them had a bullet stuck in it.

He probably should have been charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm and lying to the police. But he gave them some sob story about how he was sick, (He had cancer), and they felt sorry for him. Again, Squirrel Cops...

So he was dying anyway? Of course he killed himself. Much less painful. But even if police did take away his gun, what would your prosecutor have done to him? Nothing. I read stories of your city where the police complained about busting a guy with an illegal gun, and he was back out on the streets by the end of the day.

My former HUD neighbor who shot at his wife in the middle of the night was back over there two days later. He didn't just shoot a gun, he was trying to kill her.

And that goes to the point that guns are not the problem in this country--people are. If you leftists would focus on locking up people doing bad things with guns instead of going after this inanimate object itself, we might be further ahead in the reduction of violent crime.

Where do you get that from? No felons can own guns but a misdemeanor is not a felony.
If you have been arrested for domestic abuse, the charge may be elevated to a felony if:

• You caused great bodily injury (concussion, broken bones, scars, etc.) to the victim
  • You caused a mother to miscarry
  • You have prior history of domestic abuse

If you have been arrested for domestic abuse, the charge may be elevated to a felony if:

• You caused great bodily injury (concussion, broken bones, scars, etc.) to the victim
  • You caused a mother to miscarry
  • You have prior history of domestic abuse

But that's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about a MISDEMEANOR domestic violence ruling.

But that's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about a MISDEMEANOR domestic violence ruling.
This came from your first post.

“So, unfortunately, and tragically, too many people who have lost their lives as a result of domestic violence and how often that’s been connected to use of firearms,” said Webber.

So he was dying anyway? Of course he killed himself. Much less painful. But even if police did take away his gun, what would your prosecutor have done to him? Nothing. I read stories of your city where the police complained about busting a guy with an illegal gun, and he was back out on the streets by the end of the day.

Throwing a sick man in jail would have been inhumane.
Taking away a method for him to kill himself would have been humane. And sensible.

My former HUD neighbor who shot at his wife in the middle of the night was back over there two days later. He didn't just shoot a gun, he was trying to kill her.

Well, jeez, he must have not been trying that hard, given they were in a small room at close range. On a serious note, they took his gun, I hope.

And that goes to the point that guns are not the problem in this country--people are. If you leftists would focus on locking up people doing bad things with guns instead of going after this inanimate object itself, we might be further ahead in the reduction of violent crime.

We lock up 2 million people.
We lock up 2 million people

Locking people up doesn't work.

My next door neighbor at my old place shot himself. A couple of weeks before, he fired his gun through his patio window and then lied to the cops about it. The cops didn't take his gun and a few weeks later he offed himself. (Oh, incidentally, NOBODY in the building heard the shot, it was only discovered when his wife came home and found him.)

Joey, you've posted this steaming pile of bullshit many times. Nobody with a brain believed it then, nobody with a brain believes it now. You're so full of shit your breath stinks.

Taking away a method for him to kill himself would have been humane. And sensible.

Yes, that way he would have killed himself by starting the car with the garage door closed. A lot accomplished there, huh?

Well, jeez, he must have not been trying that hard, given they were in a small room at close range. On a serious note, they took his gun, I hope.

Who knows, but he shot at her while he was in the living room while she was screaming outside. The bullet landed in her car door and the officers had evidence and witnesses. Apples and oranges.

Yes it does otherwise we'd have 5 million people.

Stop and frisk worked greatly. Three strikes worked out well. Did they stop everybody? No they didn't, but at least there was a reduction in violent crime.

5 years minimum for illegally carrying a firearm would stop them from carrying guns. 10 years minimum if it was stolen. The less demand, the less the supply meaning that gun theft would not be such a huge market as it is today if nobody wanted to buy the guns. 20 years minimum if you use a gun in the commission of a crime like robbery. Death penalty if you use a firearm to illegally kill somebody.

This came from your first post.

“So, unfortunately, and tragically, too many people who have lost their lives as a result of domestic violence and how often that’s been connected to use of firearms,” said Webber.

Yes, that was in the OP. What's your point?

If he killed himself, he would have killed himself with pills, his car in his garage, a rope, a train, a tall building, cutting his wrists...

suicide is not a gun issue, as the South Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, and most countries in Europe demonstrate with their higher suicide rates and extreme gun control...

The democrat party judges and prosecutors release the most violent gun offenders over and over, often within 48 hours of their arrest.......these are the individuals doing almost all of the gun crime and gun murder in democrat party controlled cities.....so locking up violent gun criminals for 48 hours is not doing anything......

The democrat party judges and prosecutors release the most violent gun offenders over and over, often within 48 hours of their arrest.......these are the individuals doing almost all of the gun crime and gun murder in democrat party controlled cities.....so locking up violent gun criminals for 48 hours is not doing anything......

Forum List

Back