Guns are to blame--not people.

Shouldn't have laid a glove on her. Turn around and go back to your room and lock the door if you can't get to the door. Climb out the window to get away if necessary. Not saying your friend's wife wasn't crazy but you don't lay a glove on them unless your life is in imminent danger (like you have a gun or a knife pointed at you). Too bad for your friend. Leave her worthless ass.

She did leave because it was his house in the first place. Then she came back a few weeks later and busted out his windows in the back of the house and dented his siding with apparently the same thing she used to bust out the windows. I hardly call a shove domestic violence.

92% of all women killed with guns in high-income countries in 2015 were from the US.

In 2015:
800-1000 women are killed with guns.
220 are killed with knives
300 are killed with other

Access to a gun makes it five times more likely that the abusive partner will kill his female victim.

4.5 million women have reported being threatened with a gun by an intimate partner.

If your daughter is in an abusive relationship, and there's a gun in the house, tell her to gtfo.
Sounds like she needs a gun. Abusers prey on the weak, and an armed woman is not a weak target.

Without people, guns only lay there and do nothing. In other words, people are who bring them to life. Therefore, people are the real issue.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The problem is you can't explain that to a leftist. Don't go after the criminal, go after the gun. Don't go after the illegals, lock up Americans who knowingly or unknowingly hire them for jobs. I don't know what's next. Probably make cars harder to buy to help stop DUI's.

Question 21i on the ATF form 4473 asks if the purchaser has ever been convicted of misdemeanor Domestic Violence. So Domestic Violence is already a disqualifying issue for ownership of a weapon.

Surrender of weapons is a common and routine condition for Bail prior to trials.

So what is the problem, exactly?

this is simply an accusation...with no actual court proceeding......no conviction either.

Slightly off topic but I smiled when I read this....

Associated Press: California's COVID gun store shutdowns ruled illegal.

this is simply an accusation...with no actual court proceeding......no conviction either.

Is a normal condition of bail to surrender firearms? Haven’t we seen people with bail revoked because of that? People who were not convicted.

The biggest problem in Ohio is that our gun laws simply are not strong enough. Domestic violence policy expert Julia Webber serves as the implementation director of the Gifford’s Law Center, a national organization striving to make America safer by working to end gun violence.

“So, unfortunately, and tragically, too many people who have lost their lives as a result of domestic violence and how often that’s been connected to use of firearms,” said Webber.

While federal laws are in place, the Gifford’s Law Center says Ohio doesn’t have any laws stopping people who are convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence from buying firearms or ammunition and the same goes for those who have domestic violence protective orders against them.

The center said there are also no state laws requiring the removal or surrender of firearms from a suspect when a protection order is issued in domestic violence cases.

“We want to ensure that we actually allow for relinquishment, and surrender or seizure, if necessary, to ensure that those firearms are separated from someone who’s about to be violent,” Webber said.

When you ask leftists about the government taking our guns, they say nobody wants to take away your guns. Well here is a leftist that says they do.

What this kook is saying is that if your girlfriend or wife files a protection order against you, the government should be allowed to come to your home and take away your firearms even if no violence was involved. Simply get a protection order and that's all that should be needed to violate your constitutional rights. What is a misdemeanor domestic violence? I never heard of it, so I looked it up. Here is what I found for our state:

Threatening to cause harm to a family member or household member, even if you do not physically assault the person, can still result in a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

So if you tell your girlfriend or wife "Yeah, and I'll slap you around" you can be charged with this misdemeanor domestic violence law and have your firearms taken away just for that if it was up to this Julia Weber person.
Acquiring a firearm isn’t the issue.

The issue is domestic violence with firearms already in the home:

“The center said there are also no state laws requiring the removal or surrender of firearms from a suspect when a protection order is issued in domestic violence cases.” ibid

Protection orders are perfectly lawful and Constitutional.

Question 21i on the ATF form 4473 asks if the purchaser has ever been convicted of misdemeanor Domestic Violence. So Domestic Violence is already a disqualifying issue for ownership of a weapon.

Surrender of weapons is a common and routine condition for Bail prior to trials.

So what is the problem, exactly?
True.

And of course, firearms can be lawfully acquired via face-to-face intrastate tractions between residents of the same state absent the 4473 and a background check.

Again, the issue isn’t the acquisition of firearms, but incidents of domestic violence when firearms are already in the home.

Of course it sounds reasonable to you. It does to all Communists.
Yes, because not wanting to be shot by a maniac with a gun is just like collectivization of capital... duh.

Any stupid Liberty robbing bat shit crazy law sounds reasonable to you, Moon Bat.

Uh, guy, if we all have to live with metal detectors, militarized police, active shooter drills, security doors at our workplaces, then we are nowhere near liberty. We are being held hostage to a gun culture that refuses to clean up their act.

Except that he's had guns for a long time and harmed no one with them.

That can be said of most of the 16,000 people who murder someone with a gun every year...

Acquiring a firearm isn’t the issue.

The issue is domestic violence with firearms already in the home:

“The center said there are also no state laws requiring the removal or surrender of firearms from a suspect when a protection order is issued in domestic violence cases.” ibid

Protection orders are perfectly lawful and Constitutional.

So do we empower women (and in some cases men) to be able to remove your constitutional right to arms when they get pissed at you? If there is a domestic problem, leave the residence.

It's just like my former coworker. I worked with him for several years. He's not the violent type, especially when it comes to women. She blocked his way bitching at him about something, he lightly pushed her out of his way. She hurt herself and to get even with him, called the cops.

Constitutional rights should not be removed from people on a hunch they might do something wrong with them. We are losing our long standing ground of innocent until proven guilty.

A former coworker of mine got in a spat with his wife. She went in his face yelling and screaming at him in which he told her to get out of his way. She didn't so he pushed her out of the way and twisted her ankle. She called the cops and they arrested him for domestic violence even though his wife (calmed down by then) told the police she was not filing a complaint. The police explained that it didn't matter what she did. The law states that the state takeover any case in a domestic violence situation. They ignored the fact that she was blocking his way which was the only reason he pushed her away in the first place.

Did Welfare Ray just rationalize domestic violence?

Actually, the reason why cops do arrest people for that now is that they've had too many cases where no complaint was filed in the first call and on the second call, they are cleaning up a body. Usually with that Body's nearest and dearest suing the police department for not taking the sumbitch to jail when they had the chance.

So do we empower women (and in some cases men) to be able to remove your constitutional right to arms when they get pissed at you? If there is a domestic problem, leave the residence.

It's just like my former coworker. I worked with him for several years. He's not the violent type, especially when it comes to women. She blocked his way bitching at him about something, he lightly pushed her out of his way. She hurt herself and to get even with him, called the cops.

Constitutional rights should not be removed from people on a hunch they might do something wrong with them. We are losing our long standing ground of innocent until proven guilty.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

How many cases was there a history of domestic violence that ended with someone getting shot? Most homicides are people who know each other.

They have been arrested and charged......simply putting a restraining order against someone does not require that process..........
We all know that if someone the s trying to kill you a restraining order will save you.:spinner:

She did leave because it was his house in the first place. Then she came back a few weeks later and busted out his windows in the back of the house and dented his siding with apparently the same thing she used to bust out the windows. I hardly call a shove domestic violence.

I'm sure you don't. But honestly, you made it sound minor at first, and then admitted the violence was escalating... Sounds like a good reason to get the guns out of that house.

They have been arrested and charged......simply putting a restraining order against someone does not require that process..........

Right, because a piece of paper is going to protect you from a lunatic with a gun. Oh, wait. No.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

How many cases was there a history of domestic violence that ended with someone getting shot? Most homicides are people who know each other.

The Constitution contains a list of rights the American people have, one of them the right to bear arms. You don't take that right away from people because they "might" do something other people did in their situation.

Forum List

Back