Guns are to blame--not people.

92% of all women killed with guns in high-income countries in 2015 were from the US.

In 2015:
800-1000 women are killed with guns.
220 are killed with knives
300 are killed with other

Access to a gun makes it five times more likely that the abusive partner will kill his female victim.

4.5 million women have reported being threatened with a gun by an intimate partner.

If your daughter is in an abusive relationship, and there's a gun in the house, tell her to gtfo.
393 million guns in law abiding USA households. Guns do not kill people... If they did no one would be left alive today... Murderers kill people, and ALMOST all of them are not allowed to own a gun by laws that already exist. And after BLM and antifa and other lunatics have shown their true colors and propensity for murder and violence, no one will deprive me of my ability to defend me and mine. No one.

If you can legally own a gun and you don't, you're a moron. If you shoot someone and its not to defend yourself or another, or they are invading your castle, you are a moron. In either case, but particularly the latter, I don't care what happens to you.

These stupid "Red Flag" laws can be a significant source of denying Americans of their Constitutional rights.

A despicable example of stupid people giving up liberty for a little bit of security.

If Constitutional rights are going to be taken away it needs to be for a damn good reason and these stupid red flag laws do not come close to meeting that test.

If constitutional rights are taken away then the Constitution is nothing more than an artifact.

The right to vote is the only right where the Constitution mentions the government's power to take it away in the case of serious crime.

Acquiring a firearm isn’t the issue.

The issue is domestic violence with firearms already in the home:

“The center said there are also no state laws requiring the removal or surrender of firearms from a suspect when a protection order is issued in domestic violence cases.” ibid

Protection orders are perfectly lawful and Constitutional.
Confiscating guns are neither lawful or constitutional.

The far left absolutely wants to remove guns from law abiding citizens. once that occurs the constitution an our form of government will be gone in less than 6 weeks. If the let is not removed from congress this year o we will be gone within 6 years, second amendment or not.

The left has been quite successful using baby steps.

I'm old enough to remember when they only wanted to remove cigarettes from movie theaters. That's all they wanted and they would be happy. Fast forward to today, you can't smoke inside any public place and even outside depending on what state you're in.

Then they waned for gays to be let out of the closet. That's all they wanted and they will be happy. Fast forward to today, states are forced to accept gay marriages against their will, and gays are getting children ahead of a normal couple in adoption.

I remember when they only wanted to have lead removed from gasoline. That's all they wanted, a cleaner environment. Fast forward trillions of dollars, on top of the hundreds of other measures they passed, they want another 5 trillion dollars (3 trillion of that to our debt according to the CBO) for a cleaner environment. Think they will be happy and stop crying about climate change then? Don't you believe it.

So when they tell us they only want X restrictions when it comes to gun, remember what will be down the road when we fast forward that issue .

No, detectives were usually once cops, but got the proper training to become a detective. However cops are not detectives. They get some minor investigative training, but don't handle serious issues like murder. That's why the police supervisor calls in detectives on those cases. All police do is keep people away from the evidence or preserve evidence that may become tainted before the detectives get to the scene.

Meh, you wonder why they bother, given the detectives only seem to take the time to clear 17% of the cases? What, nobody's confessing? And we can't beat a fake confession out of people anymore? (Something that has happened in Chicago, a LOT. So often the governor had to commute the sentences on everyone on death row because he couldn't say for certainty which cases were tainted by torture).

And you make my point. You create these stories in your head and along with the movies you watch, think they are reality. But they are not, they are nothing more than a person who is in deep need of professional psychological help.

says the guy on welfare, who sits next to his police scanner muttering about the darkies.

The left has been quite successful using baby steps.

I'm old enough to remember when they only wanted to remove cigarettes from movie theaters. That's all they wanted and they would be happy. Fast forward to today, you can't smoke inside any public place and even outside depending on what state you're in.

Yes, since then we discovered that second hand smoke is actually bad for you, and you can get sick even if you never picked up a cigarette.

Then they waned for gays to be let out of the closet. That's all they wanted and they will be happy. Fast forward to today, states are forced to accept gay marriages against their will, and gays are getting children ahead of a normal couple in adoption.

"Normal"? You mean straight, right? If a gay couple can provide a better home than a straight couple because they are in a better place economically, I'm just not seeing the problem. We have thousands of kids languishing in foster care right now.

I remember when they only wanted to have lead removed from gasoline. That's all they wanted, a cleaner environment. Fast forward trillions of dollars, on top of the hundreds of other measures they passed, they want another 5 trillion dollars (3 trillion of that to our debt according to the CBO) for a cleaner environment. Think they will be happy and stop crying about climate change then? Don't you believe it.

Again, progressing science. We removed lead from the gasoline, which meant we didn't have smog alerts over major cities anymore, which was a common thing back in the 60's. Then we found out that while getting lead out of the skies was reducing that problem, we had an ADDITIONAL problem of excess CO2 causing global warming.

So when they tell us they only want X restrictions when it comes to gun, remember what will be down the road when we fast forward that issue .

That we might not find new problems we'll have to address in the future?

Again, I have my simple enough solution. Let the gun industry run the background check system, but THEN let the victims of gun violence sue them when guns get into the wrong hands. You would be amazed how quickly they get the guns out of the hands of the wrong people after that.

Yes, since then we discovered that second hand smoke is actually bad for you, and you can get sick even if you never picked up a cigarette.

"Normal"? You mean straight, right? If a gay couple can provide a better home than a straight couple because they are in a better place economically, I'm just not seeing the problem. We have thousands of kids languishing in foster care right now.

Again, progressing science. We removed lead from the gasoline, which meant we didn't have smog alerts over major cities anymore, which was a common thing back in the 60's. Then we found out that while getting lead out of the skies was reducing that problem, we had an ADDITIONAL problem of excess CO2 causing global warming.

Again, I have my simple enough solution. Let the gun industry run the background check system, but THEN let the victims of gun violence sue them when guns get into the wrong hands. You would be amazed how quickly they get the guns out of the hands of the wrong people after that.
You speak of the extremes and not the means. There are costs to all of this. And right now, we are being extruded from it all.

You have to be a complete dope to not understand my point. Communists are very patient people. They have a master goal right from the beginning. They only act stupid to fool people like you. They did with cigarettes, they did with the gays, they did with global warming that they had to convert to climate change when it was found the earth was not actually warming. The climate has been changing since God made the place. That's how we had an ice age and the end of it. So they switched to climate change because it's something nobody can control and they can never be proven wrong again.

It's the exact same with guns. Sure, it's magazine size limits, bans on certain firearms, heavily restricted carry laws now, but once they get enough fellow commies on the SC bench, they will ultimately remove guns from law abiding citizens, and they'll be able to get away with it because of anti-American people like you who are stupid enough to think they can find a solution to gun violence by attacking the weapon and not the offenders. Until that time they will try to remove guns by commie ideas like holding gun sellers responsible for the actions of their customers.

I have no idea WTF you people still live here. You hate this country, just move already. There are utopias in the world that already have your agenda. Try North Korea or Cuba or something. You won't have to worry about guns, government healthcare, capitalism, income inequity, constitutional rights, the electoral college, or wealthy people ever again. Government controls everything right down to what you can eat. We have such places in this country already. We call them prisons and anybody can get in.

Just think of it, all your problems solved with one plane trip, and take your fellow comrades with you. Because we love this country and want to preserve all the benefits that come with being an American. You don't.

Meh, you wonder why they bother, given the detectives only seem to take the time to clear 17% of the cases? What, nobody's confessing? And we can't beat a fake confession out of people anymore? (Something that has happened in Chicago, a LOT. So often the governor had to commute the sentences on everyone on death row because he couldn't say for certainty which cases were tainted by torture).

Commies don't like the death penalty unless it's an offense against Big Brother. You can't "commute" every death sentence without intense study of each case. If you have a baseball game with your fellow workers, and your team only has five players while theirs has nine, you're going to lose the game by huge numbers. There are not nearly enough detectives for the amount of crime in your shithole of A city. That's why they only solve 17% of the cases.

says the guy on welfare, who sits next to his police scanner muttering about the darkies.

What did I tell you about using big words you don't know the meaning of? You never learn anything, do you?

Maybe if you had people like me in your city that care enough about combating crime to personally take action against it, you wouldn't have so much of crime for detectives to solve.

Chicago hasn't had strict gun laws since the McDonald decision invalidated them. Overnight, gun stores popped up in the city and our murder rate doubled.

Hey, well before BLM demonstrations, the cops didn't do a great job. In 2018, they only cleared 17% of homicides.

Yup, you can always tell when he's getting flustered when he talks about bathtubs.

Overnight, gun stores popped up in the city and our murder rate doubled.

This is a direct lie.....there are no gun stores or shooting ranges within the city limits of Chicago.......not one.

Yeah and..........

High gas prices have nothing to do with Biden shutting down domestic oil production and buying it from Russia.

Inflation is high because the economy is so good.

Climate change is why millions of illegals are waltzing in our country and being flown around the country at night and dropped off.

Republicans who want people to actually have a ID to vote are why the next election will be illegitimate and why they need to create new voting laws because ID is a conservative and racist idea.

Racism is why black people don't work, steal, burn, murder and don't work. And racism is why they get arrested when they break the law or get shot when they attack the police.

And I'm sure they also think that Jan 6th was caused by Republicans getting gremlins wet so they multiplied and put maga hats on and people clothes so they could run around the capitol before trumps alien friends came down from Mars to make us not take covid vaccines by turning us into zombies with their white supremacy brain washing ray guns.

Must be nice to always have a Boogeyman just off stage to always point your finger at.

Ray, it's kind of hard to take you seriously whining about "Communists" when only one of us is living on the Public Dole.

What does collecting what I paid into all my life have to do with the Communists? It doesn't change anything. They are still Communists.

What does collecting what I paid into all my life have to do with the Communists? It doesn't change anything. They are still Communists.

Wow, you do realize that social security and disability are "communist" programs, right? You didn't pay anything in. You paid, other people got benefits. Now you are getting benefits that other people are paying for. If you were a capitalist, you would be happily dying for no longer being useful to the One Percent.

Wow, you do realize that social security and disability are "communist" programs, right? You didn't pay anything in. You paid, other people got benefits. Now you are getting benefits that other people are paying for. If you were a capitalist, you would be happily dying for no longer being useful to the One Percent.

No, as a capitalist we wouldn't have government deductions for programs and I would have invested all that money me and my employers contributed throughout the decades and retired early. But like all private insurance programs, you pay X all your life and promised X when you need it. That's what I did.

No, as a capitalist we wouldn't have government deductions for programs and I would have invested all that money me and my employers contributed throughout the decades and retired early.

Guy, nobody believes that if you had 6% more of your income, you'd have wisely invested it. (And no, your employer wouldn't have paid you more if they didn't have to do withholding. They'd have totally kept that money.)

You currently live in a slum. You didn't have the good sense to get out when the getting was good.

Guy, nobody believes that if you had 6% more of your income, you'd have wisely invested it. (And no, your employer wouldn't have paid you more if they didn't have to do withholding. They'd have totally kept that money.)

You currently live in a slum. You didn't have the good sense to get out when the getting was good.

Maybe, but now that I'm no longer working, it provides me with the income I need to live very comfortably. It worked out as I planned with the exception of becoming ill.

Unlike you who lost your ass during the beginning of the DumBama years, I was with an investment company that not only survived, but did great because of the recession. Unless you have the education and experience in finances, you don't handle your own money for something long term like retirement. It only costs a few bucks for maintenance fees every year on your account, and worth every dime.

Hopefully I have a few more years left. We'll see how the chemo is going to do. But I hope I don't have to dig into that retirement money so I can leave it for the kids. You see everything I contributed to the government programs will be lost. Nobody sees a dime of it. But with my personal investments, they get it all. However if I do need it for some reason, it's there waiting for me.

Forum List

Back