Gun Clueless Liberals Are Getting Kids Killed- Supporting Gun Free Zones

They have far more violence than the USA.

Teachers in Texas law, can have weapons as well..... Didn't stop this tragedy, nor did armed guards, or the armed police, stop it. Nor did active shooter training and drills instituted in Texas, stop it.
That's because it was a GUN FREE ZONE -Duh!

Job is for the PARENTS
No, the job is for teachers AND parents. No reason why teachers are nit teaching these critically important things, other than they are overwhelmingly liberals, who simply are clueless about these things (guns, cops, laws)

The sad fact is that no single measure or idea is going to stop gun violence and mass shootings in schools, churches, and other places. Democrats talk about Universal Background Checks, but we've seen cases where the shooters got guns anyway. You could ban assault weapons, but the number of gun violence cases with assault weapons is actually quite small, 253 out of almost 104k. (Numbers from Mother Jones’s database of mass shootings, defined as shootings involving three or more fatalities, shows that between 2007 and 2017.)

1653844074185.png

The assumption is that absent the future purchase of assault weapons, the number of mass shooting homicides will decline, but there's no proof of that. From what I can tell the studies on the last assault weapons ban (1197-2004) is mixed and inconclusive. And people who already own an assault weapon are not going to give it up, it would be an unconstitutional law if the gov't required confiscation.

Which leaves gun free zones. If I was a terrorist or a mentally ill person, what better target to kill as many as possible before I am stopped? That's the point for these people right? To get my name on the front page of every newspaper in the country? I have seen no statistics on this, but I'd bet money that the number of home break-ins is probably a lot less for houses where a security sign is in the window.

The sad fact is that no single measure or idea is going to stop gun violence and mass shootings in schools, churches, and other places. Democrats talk about Universal Background Checks, but we've seen cases where the shooters got guns anyway. You could ban assault weapons, but the number of gun violence cases with assault weapons is actually quite small, 253 out of almost 104k. (Numbers from Mother Jones’s database of mass shootings, defined as shootings involving three or more fatalities, shows that between 2007 and 2017.)

View attachment 651331

The assumption is that absent the future purchase of assault weapons, the number of mass shooting homicides will decline, but there's no proof of that. From what I can tell the studies on the last assault weapons ban (1197-2004) is mixed and inconclusive. And people who already own an assault weapon are not going to give it up, it would be an unconstitutional law if the gov't required confiscation.

Which leaves gun free zones. If I was a terrorist or a mentally ill person, what better target to kill as many as possible before I am stopped? That's the point for these people right? To get my name on the front page of every newspaper in the country? I have seen no statistics on this, but I'd bet money that the number of home break-ins is probably a lot less for houses where a security sign is in the window.
So your last paragraph just contradicted your first sentence >> "The sad fact is that no single measure or idea is going to stop gun violence and mass shootings in schools, churches, and other places."

As you correctly concluded, the break-ins and shootings are less in places that have good security. So there IS a single measure that could stop almost all mass shootings - the elimination of gun free zones.

You know, you gun nuts are just plain boring. Every time one of these school shootings happens, you make excuses. Gun free zones, background checks don't help, mental health. good guy with a gun, let's arm teachers (LOL), yada, yada, yada.

Here's the bottom line. Countries that have enacted gun control laws have fewer gun deaths and zero mass shootings. When a mass shootings do happen in these countries, gun control measures are quickly enacted and enforced. I find it deeply amusing that in this country, we can craft and pass legislation to protect embryos and zygotes within a matter of days...but can't seem to find our way around gun law restrictions that can prevent school aged children from being slaughtered in a place that should be safe.

More people emigrate from those countries to the U.S. than we do to theirs.

Last edited:
Arming teachers, training them, and asking them to pull double duty as prison guard and educator is not practical...or sane...period.

The people asking teachers to do this did not trust us to tell children our favorite ice cream flavor LAST WEEK.

LAST WEEK they wanted us all on live stream video all the time bc they don't trust us.

As you all know I am not a liberal or a Democrat. I am a conservative. But I'm tired of being used as a football.

No.

Enough.

No, the job is for teachers AND parents. No reason why teachers are nit teaching these critically important things, other than they are overwhelmingly liberals, who simply are clueless about these things (guns, cops, laws)

Your talking points are off. For the last month the Approved Talking Point is that teachers can only Teach The Subject. Teachers back in the day were apparently robots bc they never, not once gave away a single nod to their personal life. They only ever taught the subject. So we can trust them only to do this.

(Enter Uvalda)

OH WAIT!! And carry guns and ammo.

Right

got anything newer than 2011....much has changed in that time
In 2020, the violent crime rate in the United States was 398.5 cases per 100,000 of the population. I could not find a statistic for UK, however

The nature of violent crime in England and Wales: Year ending March 2020​

A summary of violent crime from the Crime Survey for England and Wales, from the UK
1653846898195.png

says that >> "rates have remained fairly flat since the year ending March 2014."

Forum List

Back