Guitar gadgets

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
I'm a minimalist in most things and I don't usually succumb to G.A.S. ( Gear Acquisition Syndrome) but every now and then I find a little gadget that is of great use.

I recently got this little thing for my guitar. Just plug it into the guitar and then plug a pair of headphones into it. It has several Amp and effect mods built in so you can tweak your tone from clean to crunch but the best thing is the Bluetooth. You can connect it to your computer or phone and play along with songs or online lessons. All without bothering anyone. Now I can play at 5 AM and not wake my wife.

iu

I'm a minimalist in most things and I don't usually succumb to G.A.S. ( Gear Acquisition Syndrome) but every now and then I find a little gadget that is of great use.

I recently got this little thing for my guitar. Just plug it into the guitar and then plug a pair of headphones into it. It has several Amp and effect mods built in so you can tweak your tone from clean to crunch but the best thing is the Bluetooth. You can connect it to your computer or phone and play along with songs or online lessons. All without bothering anyone. Now I can play at 5 AM and not wake my wife.

iu
My wife bought me a Positive Grid Spark amp for my birthday, which I've been using with headphones and trying a lot of different built in effects with. This looks like an even smaller more portable solution. Thanks for sharing.

My wife bought me a Positive Grid Spark amp for my birthday, which I've been using with headphones and trying a lot of different built in effects with. This looks like an even smaller more portable solution. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah I find that now I'm taking my guitar everywhere because I don't have to lug an amp and I can play without bothering anyone. Even if we're staying in a hotel or at a friend's house I can play and not bother anyone.

I recently got this little thing for my guitar. Just plug it into the guitar and then plug a pair of headphones into it. It has several Amp and effect mods built in so you can tweak your tone

Simple op-amp driven device. In my time years ago I had occasion to fix, redesign and tweak a few real floor effects boxes for guitar, I suppose the most notable one was a totally redesign RAT.

Simple op-amp driven device. In my time years ago I had occasion to fix, redesign and tweak a few real floor effects boxes for guitar, I suppose the most notable one was a totally redesign RAT.
Cool.

Since I retired I've been toying with the idea of building an amp head maybe that will be a project I try this spring.

Yeah I find that now I'm taking my guitar everywhere because I don't have to lug an amp and I can play without bothering anyone. Even if we're staying in a hotel or at a friend's house I can play and not bother anyone.
I like that flexibility. I will be at my local Guitar Center when they open later this morning to pick one up.

That's really cool, man. I have a basement full of keys myself. There were times my wife wanted to kill me in the wee hours. Even.thiugh I can route it all through headphones, there is something about being able to "feel" the sound in the air and in the floor and in the keys themselves. I've learned to adjust though. I wouldn't want my poor wife to be arrested for murder! 😆

Instead of using bass amps in the house like I used to, I finally picked up a set of modest studio monitors which are nice and clear even at low volume.

Have your ever seen those central preamps that the entire band can plug their headphones into? Only the drummer is left out on his own.

That's really cool, man. I have a basement full of keys myself. There were times my wife wanted to kill me in the wee hours. Even.thiugh I can route it all through headphones, there is something about being able to "feel" the sound in the air and in the floor and in the keys themselves. I've learned to adjust though. I wouldn't want my poor wife to be arrested for murder! 😆

Instead of using bass amps in the house like I used to, I finally picked up a set of modest studio monitors which are nice and clear even at low volume.

Have your ever seen those central preamps that the entire band can plug their headphones into? Only the drummer is left out on his own.
I agree it's not a substitute for cranking an amp.

A fiend of mine who is a guitar teacher has one of those set ups. His can handle 8 inputs and if the drummer will use an electronic kit he can plug in too It set him back a pretty penny but he loves it.

I agree it's not a substitute for cranking an amp.

A fiend of mine who is a guitar teacher has one of those set ups. His can handle 8 inputs and if the drummer will use an electronic kit he can plug in too It set him back a pretty penny but he loves it.
I have a friend with the electronic drum pads. He loves them. I'm not really an accomplished drummer but I can play beats to practice to and stuff like that. I've thought about getting one of those electronic kits myself. The thing is my wife is ansy sometimes and my studio is right under the bedrooms.... So the "tappity tap tap" on rubber pads might disturb her beauty sleep, even with the output routed through headphones. She even bitches about the physical "clackety-clack" of my keys. Korg products are the worst for that!

I have a friend with the electronic drum pads. He loves them. I'm not really an accomplished drummer but I can play beats to practice to and stuff like that. I've thought about getting one of those electronic kits myself. The thing is my wife is ansy sometimes and my studio is right under the bedrooms.... So the "tappity tap tap" on rubber pads might disturb her beauty sleep, even with the output routed through headphones. She even bitches about the physical "clackety-clack" of my keys. Korg products are the worst for that!
The sacrifices we make for our wives huh?

Forum List

Back