Playing at playing guitar

I looked on the internet and called a local Guitar Center and apparently that particular color is out of stock- but, Fender didn't tell me that- had they told me up front it would be all good, instead they chose to give me the runaround. SMH
Never mind the stupid Fender. I found your next guitar. And a really cute girl doing the demo too. What's not to like? I'll bet she plays better than you too. It's obvious she looks a hell of a lot better.

I looked on the internet and called a local Guitar Center and apparently that particular color is out of stock- but, Fender didn't tell me that- had they told me up front it would be all good, instead they chose to give me the runaround. SMH
Never mind the stupid Fender. I found your next guitar. And a really cute girl doing the demo too. What's not to like? I'll bet she plays better than you too. It's obvious she looks a hell of a lot better.

Update. I was intrigued so I checked it out, the guitar not the girl. The demo was for a previous travel sized guitar they have a more full size dreadnought now called the Lava pro. However it's a Chinese company and from everything I see they're setting off my built in alarm bells saying fly by night alert! A very intriguing guitar nonetheless. The only place I see selling them is some dude selling used over the internet through Reverb and Reverb even gives me the Willie's. If you cant find them at Guitar Center or Sweetwater, it's probably best to steer clear.

I've been playing guitar for quite a while now and when i was young I had a serious case of GAS ( Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

I had 7 or 8 electric guitars several acoustics, an ungodly number of effect pedals etc etc etc

I took a serious look at all my shit and got rid of most of it.

I'm down to a Fender American Elite Strat, A Gibson Les Paul Studio, I have a Martin Acoustic and a Fender American Performer PJ bass I've leaned out my effects board to less than 10 pedals.

So now I spend more time playing my instruments and way less time ( and money) buying new gear.
I'm starting to get a mild case of GAS. Not for a guitar but a small amp. I have a big heavy 150 watt modeling amp downstairs in the man cave but I'm locking for something simpler smaller and lighter for upstairs. Currently the Roland Cube Street is looking like it may fill the bill. It won't break any windows input it should be loud enough for a practice amp. I'll probably wear headphones half the time anyway because divorces can get way too damn expensive.

I have a Blues Jr for my Practice amp. It still is too loud for my practice room.

I'm thinking about a MarshallDSL1HR 1 watt head with a 1x 10 cab.

I've been playing guitar for quite a while now and when i was young I had a serious case of GAS ( Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

I had 7 or 8 electric guitars several acoustics, an ungodly number of effect pedals etc etc etc

I'm down to a Fender American Elite Strat, A Gibson Les Paul Studio, I have a Martin Acoustic and a Fender American Performer PJ bass I've leaned out my effects board to less than 10 pedals.

So now I spend more time playing my instruments and way less time ( and money) buying new gear.
I'm starting to get a mild case of GAS. Not for a guitar but a small amp. I have a big heavy 150 watt modeling amp downstairs in the man cave but I'm locking for something simpler smaller and lighter for upstairs. Currently the Roland Cube Street is looking like it may fill the bill. It won't break any windows input it should be loud enough for a practice amp. I'll probably wear headphones half the time anyway because divorces can get way too damn expensive.

I have a Blues Jr for my Practice amp. It still is too loud for my practice room.

Check out the Fender Campion 20. Put a better speaker in it and it sounds good at low volume.

Yeah I'm a bit worried about the small 6.5" speakers in this one but maybe the fact that there's two of em will help. If I don't like it straight away I guess I can always send it back and trade up to the EX model which has 50 watts instead of 6 and two 8" speakers. I'm trying to keep control of myself and not rationalize it all the way to another big amp. That's how GAS works ya know. It's the polar opposite of KISS which I like to practice in most other areas of my life.

Check out the Fender Campion 20. Put a better speaker in it and it sounds good at low volume.
I wanted the EFX.

I got my first guitar when I was 13, now I'm over 70 and can no longer wear jeans - my take on a line from Amanda by Waylon

The last month or so I've taken up, again, playing at playing a guitar and singing songs I like. A few I've written and many I didn't.

I really did get my first guitar at age 13. I had a buddy who could play a little and he taught me the chords to play Don't Be Angry With Me Darlin' by Stonewall Jackson. I don't have a clue where that guitar wound up. fast forward to my time in the Navy, I got a guitar in Hong Kong because I worked with a couple of guys who were actually pretty good and learned a little more from them- I don't have a clue where that guitar wound up. In my mid 20's I bought another guitar and started playing at it.

Lat month I bought 2 guitars- a Fender mahagony top dreadnought and a fender Parlor body

View attachment 332670

View attachment 332671

I'm really enjoying both. They do have different sound and different qualities. The Parlor body (bottom image) is easier for me to play.

I play country music. I'm not good enough (yet) to get into difficult stuff-

The top image I've changed out the Bridge and pins and sanded the bridge down to make the action lower.
The Bridge is Bone now and the Pins are brass.
I've ordered a set of Earl Ball Extra Light strings for the dreadnought. Hopefully they will make it easier for me to play.

We'll see.

The songs I'm currently playing at are:

I Cast No Stones- Cody Jinks

Sunday Mornin Coming Down- Kris Kristofferson

El Coyote - Kris Kristofferson

I play at a lot of other songs but those three are at the top of my list for getting right. I like, and try, to be bluesy in my attempts to make a song mine- my family (while somewhat bias) is amazed! at what I'm doing. My oldest son said he wants to make You Tube star of me- LOL. I just want to be pretty good at playing and singing.

as I tell all of my students......practice makes better!

i've been playing since I was 13, too, and pretty much never stopped.

i practice 3 -5 times a day for 20 minutes to ? an hour or more;

i have a format;

first; warm up and stretches
second; scales
third; really hard things to do
fourth; stuff that I enjoy playing

if you want to record your stuff so you can play along with it (and add drums and synths and sound effects) BANDLAB is easy and excellent

and free!

have fun....

and don't forget; practice makes better!

third

Forum List

Back