Grocery prices in July had largest price increase since 1979 — with one food staple rising by 38% on the year

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Food is so overrated.
Who said Joe is making Jimmy Carter look good?
1660587237985.jpeg

Food is so overrated.
Who said Joe is making Jimmy Carter look good?
View attachment 682843

We've had gallons of milk go off recently—well before their use by date. Additionally, the selection of beef cuts at all local grocery stores is lower than I've ever seen it. One week we can find chicken breast, the next there's none to be had. Same goes for ground beef. I haven't seen a London Broil in any local grocery stores this summer. We're in Pennsylvania.

As I have said before 8.5% inflation is bullshit.
It is likely more like 30% or higher. When you consider what people buy.
Beef. Hellsfire... steer prices are 18% higher than 2021.
Milk - up 47%
Chicken - up 22.8%

On and on.... 8.5% my ass.

Well remember…..Biden said Americans have to learn to lower their expectations!

Every store I go to does not look it’s in America. Besides, the fact that people around me are jabbering LOUDLY in Spanish and Arabic, entire shelves are bare. (And not just grocery stores, either - the pickins’ are noticeably slimmer in department stores, as well.) When I went today, there were only five packages of eggs - and they were double the price they were a year ago.

So on top of all this, Biden is raising taxes on middle-class Americans, while hiring 87,000 new IRS agents to go after them. And if you look at the additional audits, their targets go all the way down to people with taxable incomes of $25,000! That just shows it‘s about control and instilling fear, rather than collecting taxes.

Anyone who doesn’t think that there are anti-Americans running Biden has a screw loose.

Well remember…..Biden said Americans have to learn to lower their expectations!

Every store I go to does not look it’s in America. Besides, the fact that people around me are jabbering LOUDLY in Spanish and Arabic, entire shelves are bare. (And not just grocery stores, either - the pickins’ are noticeably slimmer in department stores, as well.) When I went today, there were only five packages of eggs - and they were double the price they were a year ago.

So on top of all this, Biden is raising taxes on middle-class Americans, while hiring 87,000 new IRS agents to go after them. And if you look at the additional audits, their targets go all the way down to people with taxable incomes of $25,000! That just shows it‘s about control and instilling fear, rather than collecting taxes.

Anyone who doesn’t think that there are anti-Americans running Biden has a screw loose.
Also in the auto industry. I need anew transmission. Called in June…was told next available appointment was mid September. Short on parts and techs to replace them.

Also appliances. Went to buy washer, dryer and fridge. 30 to 90 day wait on most models. Three times the price of the last one I purchased 5/6 years ago.

We've had gallons of milk go off recently—well before their use by date. Additionally, the selection of beef cuts at all local grocery stores is lower than I've ever seen it. One week we can find chicken breast, the next there's none to be had. Same goes for ground beef. I haven't seen a London Broil in any local grocery stores this summer. We're in Pennsylvania.
Well, it IS August, about the milk. Milk always goes off in the summer. Still, I have been having that too and meat is strange: can't get wings, the chicken parts are of course higher but also huge, like turkey parts. There certainly are shortages, whole empty areas. They've stopped trying to cover that up --- and can't, don't have enough stuff to put in the empty places.

It's not an emergency, but things used to be more dependable and plentiful.

Also in the auto industry. I need anew transmission. Called in June…was told next available appointment was mid September. Short on parts and techs to replace them.

Also appliances. Went to buy washer, dryer and fridge. 30 to 90 day wait on most models. Three times the price of the last one I purchased 5/6 years ago.
We had to change garbage companies. We let the non-pickups go during the winter when there was so much publicity about not enough employees for anything, and riding the back of a garbage truck in the winter, I can see the problem. But it got much worse this summer! Whole streets just left for days, repeatedly. They don't call about it, they don't come ---- we'll see how the new bunch do.

Forum List

Back