Greenland Ice Shelves Collapsing

Actual observations are better than faked data. Got it?
The mainstream science conclusions on global warming are based on mountains of actual observations. You deniers have been yelling at me about faked data for weeks now and despite my repeated requests to SEE some of these faked data, not one of you has shown me the tiniest, teensiest, weeniest little piece of it. Not ONE.

Last edited:
The mainstream science conclusions on global warming are based on mountains of actual observations. You deniers have been yelling at me about faked data for weeks now and despite my repeated requests to SEE some of these faked data, not one of you has shown me the tiniest, teensiest, weeniest little piece of it. Not ONE.
Except,

Do you have a transcription? I'm not going to spend 50 minutes listening to Willie Soon.

Wikipedia
Willie Wei-Hock Soon (born September 30, 1965) is a Malaysian astrophysicist and aerospace engineer who was long employed as a part-time externally funded researcher at the Solar and Stellar Physics (SSP) Division of the Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian.​
Soon is a anthropogenic climate change denier,[ disputing the scientific understanding of climate change, and contends that most global warming is caused by solar variation rather than by human activity. He co-wrote a paper whose methodology was widely criticised by the scientific community. Climate scientists such as Gavin Schmidt of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies have refuted Soon's arguments, and the Smithsonian does not support his conclusions. He is nonetheless frequently cited by politicians opposed to climate-change legislation.​
From 2005 to 2015, Soon had received over $1.2 million from the fossil fuel industry, while failing to disclose that conflict of interest in most of his work. Of this industry funding, over half went on the Smithsonian's facility operating costs, with the remainder going to Soon as his salary.​

DeSmog Blog
Soon is a prominent climate change skeptic who has received much of his research funding from the oil and gas industry.​
According to David Suzuki:​
“U.S. oil and coal companies, including ExxonMobil, the American Petroleum Institute, Koch Industries, and the world’s largest coal-burning utility, Southern Company, have contributed more than $1 million over the past decade to his research. According to Greenpeace, every grant Dr. Soon has received since 2002 has been from oil or coal interests.”​

Fossil Fuel Funding​

As part of a March 2018 legal case between the cities of San Francisco and Oakland and fossil fuel companies, Soon was asked to disclose any connections he had to connected parties. He offered the following response (emphasis added):​

“I have not received any funding for the climate-sensitivity research led by Christopher Monckton of Brenchley. In the past, I have received scientific research grants from Exxon-Mobil Foundation, Southern Company and the Charles G. Koch Foundation for my work on various topics, including scientific research on the Sun-climate connection.”​

Okay, now someone has finally given me something. It is very likely complete crap, but it's something.

Now I'd like to see some examples of admissions by climate scientist that the data THEY had published was fake. That claim was made here by several posters.

Do you have a transcription? I'm not going to spend 50 minutes listening to Willie Soon.

Wikipedia
Willie Wei-Hock Soon (born September 30, 1965) is a Malaysian astrophysicist and aerospace engineer who was long employed as a part-time externally funded researcher at the Solar and Stellar Physics (SSP) Division of the Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian.​
Soon is a anthropogenic climate change denier,[ disputing the scientific understanding of climate change, and contends that most global warming is caused by solar variation rather than by human activity. He co-wrote a paper whose methodology was widely criticised by the scientific community. Climate scientists such as Gavin Schmidt of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies have refuted Soon's arguments, and the Smithsonian does not support his conclusions. He is nonetheless frequently cited by politicians opposed to climate-change legislation.​
From 2005 to 2015, Soon had received over $1.2 million from the fossil fuel industry, while failing to disclose that conflict of interest in most of his work. Of this industry funding, over half went on the Smithsonian's facility operating costs, with the remainder going to Soon as his salary.​

DeSmog Blog
Soon is a prominent climate change skeptic who has received much of his research funding from the oil and gas industry.​
“U.S. oil and coal companies, including ExxonMobil, the American Petroleum Institute, Koch Industries, and the world’s largest coal-burning utility, Southern Company, have contributed more than $1 million over the past decade to his research. According to Greenpeace, every grant Dr. Soon has received since 2002 has been from oil or coal interests.”​

Fossil Fuel Funding​

As part of a March 2018 legal case between the cities of San Francisco and Oakland and fossil fuel companies, Soon was asked to disclose any connections he had to connected parties. He offered the following response (emphasis added):​

Okay, now someone has finally given me something. It is very likely complete crap, but it's something.

Now I'd like to see some examples of admissions by climate scientist that the data THEY had published was fake. That claim was made here by several posters.

According to Greenpeace, every grant Dr. Soon has received since 2002 has been from oil or coal interests.”

That's outrageous!
We can only accept research paid for by governments or other leftist sources!!!

Wikipedia

DeSmog Blog

Fossil Fuel Funding​

So you’re admitting that all your peoples data is bought now?

You've watched that Willie Soon video. Give us the Reader's Digest version. Not even your friends want to watch a 50 minute speech.

You've watched that Willie Soon video. Give us the Reader's Digest version. Not even your friends want to watch a 50 minute speech.
Did you know that changes in solar radiation affect wind and wind affects ocean currents? There's some interesting work being done on how solar radiation can affect ocean currents and the transfer of heat in the northern hemisphere.

The founder of the Weather channel for one. And to repeat, my personal observations from going to the same beach for over 50 years confirms that the oceans are NOT rising, pictures of the poles confirm that the polar ice is growing, not shrinking as claimed by you AGW cultists. but you made Al Gore a rich man so there's that for you to be proud of.

The founder of the Weather channel for one. And to repeat, my personal observations from going to the same beach for over 50 years confirms that the oceans are NOT rising, pictures of the poles confirm that the polar ice is growing, not shrinking as claimed by you AGW cultists. but you made Al Gore a rich man so there's that for you to be proud of.
I would like to see some testimony from someone who admits that they, THEMSELVES have faked data or can provide some form of incontrovertible evidence that data has been faked. Opinions based on wambly, vague and unevidenced reasoning from lifelong deniers fully in the pay of the fossil fuel industry are not convincing. I don't want to hear that the scientists are greedy or that they want to stay employed or that they want to destroy modern civilization. I don't want to hear that there's just such a small amount of CO2 that it couldn't do anything. I don't want to hear that claims of AGW are just human arrogance. I don't want to hear that it's all a ploy to acquire power over others. I want a fucking confession or someone caught bloody red-handed. You twits are claiming that scientists from all over the planet have been lying about global warming for decades. Someone, somewhere would have either confessed or failed to cover their tracks. That NO such evidence exists is just a fucking showstopper. Your claims fail a basic, goddamned sanity test and you people need to think about what they tells us about you.

Yep

Sure, when you provide the data sets for all the graphs you post. Your graphs are only art

Sure, when you provide the data sets for all the graphs you post. Your graphs are only art
Your words are only lies.

I provide links with the graphs I post. The data are available via those links. So what did Willie tell all those right wing lawyers about climate data?

The founder of the Weather channel for one.
The Weather Channel was founded by two men: Coleman and Batten. Coleman has a degree in journalism and worked as a TV weatherman. Batten is a businessman. Neither has ever been involved in climate research.
And to repeat, my personal observations from going to the same beach for over 50 years confirms that the oceans are NOT rising
I would have thought you'd have learned something the first time you attempted to suggest your beach trips had some actual significance.
pictures of the poles confirm that the polar ice is growing, not shrinking as claimed by you AGW cultists.
Pictures? Photographs? Have you ever heard of satellites? Radar altimetry? Gravimetric measurements? The North Polar ice cap is disappearing. The coastal ice sheets in Antarctica are crumbling and the glaciers they've been holding back have accelerated their slides into the ocean as much as 5-fold. The same is happening in Greenland. The oceans are rising and a significant chunk of that rise is due to ice from Antarctica and Greenland.
but you made Al Gore a rich man so there's that for you to be proud of.
I am glad he's comfortable, he deserves it. But he's not a scientist.

I would like to see some testimony from someone who admits that they, THEMSELVES have faked data or can provide some form of incontrovertible evidence that data has been faked. Opinions based on wambly, vague and unevidenced reasoning from lifelong deniers fully in the pay of the fossil fuel industry are not convincing. I don't want to hear that the scientists are greedy or that they want to stay employed or that they want to destroy modern civilization. I don't want to hear that there's just such a small amount of CO2 that it couldn't do anything. I don't want to hear that claims of AGW are just human arrogance. I don't want to hear that it's all a ploy to acquire power over others. I want a fucking confession or someone caught bloody red-handed. You twits are claiming that scientists from all over the planet have been lying about global warming for decades. Someone, somewhere would have either confessed or failed to cover their tracks. That NO such evidence exists is just a fucking showstopper. Your claims fail a basic, goddamned sanity test and you people need to think about what they tells us about you.

I would like to see some testimony from someone who admits that they, THEMSELVES have faked data

Was Mike's Nature Trick "testimony"?

You twits are claiming that scientists from all over the planet have been lying about global warming for decades.

We've seen what happens to Nobel Prize winners, real ones, when they say anything that
disagrees with the AGW mantra.

Your words are only lies.

I provide links with the graphs I post. The data are available via those links. So what did Willie tell all those right wing lawyers about climate data?
No the data isn’t available stop lying

The climate of planet earth has been changing for hundreds of millions of years and will be changing hundreds of millions of years after the last human is gone. We are not causing it, cannot stop it, and cannot reverse it.

Humans are however polluting the air and water, with China being the worst polluter on earth, but you libs don't care about that do you? Why?

You claim that the climate is changing because humans are putting more CO2 into the atmosphere, but you ignore the FACT that the concentration of CO2 is the same today as it was 500,000 years ago and lower than it was in the 1400s.

you have been duped and are too stubborn to admit it to youselves.

The Weather Channel was founded by two men: Coleman and Batten. Coleman has a degree in journalism and worked as a TV weatherman. Batten is a businessman. Neither has ever been involved in climate research.

I would have thought you'd have learned something the first time you attempted to suggest your beach trips had some actual significance.

Pictures? Photographs? Have you ever heard of satellites? Radar altimetry? Gravimetric measurements? The North Polar ice cap is disappearing. The coastal ice sheets in Antarctica are crumbling and the glaciers they've been holding back have accelerated their slides into the ocean as much as 5-fold. The same is happening in Greenland. The oceans are rising and a significant chunk of that rise is due to ice from Antarctica and Greenland.

I am glad he's comfortable, he deserves it. But he's not a scientist.
how exactly does Gore deserve to be insanely rich at the expense of fools like you?

and yes, all the polar data you mentioned confirm that the ice caps have not gone, and are in fact growing. Seasonal changes have been happening since time began, the ocean levels have not risen, Gore in his stupid book said the by now all of florida and much of the east coast would be under water------------------is it?

they are not going to admit that they faked data. they silence has been bought and paid for.

they are not going to admit that they faked data. they silence has been bought and paid for.
Out of ten thousand scientists over 30 years? Not one? I find that more than a little hard to believe. And even if they were "bought and paid for", no one has made a mistake? No one has slipped up? No one got drunk and told his Australian diplomat buddy what they were doing?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back