Green New Deal

I like your passion but for what it is worth... you need to stop chasing those white rabbits they toss out and stick to the green economy. They’re distracting you with bullshit because they have nothing to refute the green deal beyond platitudes and whatever crap they dig out of Rush’s ass.
Platitudes? Have you read the bill? It's basically a list of platitudes.
and you don't believe in global warming so your opinion, actually brainwashed garbage, makes your opinion worthless.
Some of us prefer to look at the actual science behind claims as opposed to sheepishly getting in line at the slaughter house.
No denier has looked at the science.
The simple fact that you use the term "denier", speaks volumes.A more apt term would be skeptic. Any scientist that isn't skeptical has no place in science.
The deniers are not scientist

humans have 6 years to save the planet from turning into a total frying pan. that's why 2020 is so important

People who make money are not solely in it for the money. Money is just a measure of success.

So you invest all your hard earned money, spend a lifetime creating your product or service, and now you make 10 million a year.

You say the federal government should take 7 million a year. Now what about state and local? That's easily another 15% So now you make 10 million a year, and you end up with 85% of your money confiscated by various governments. Out of that 10 million, you only get 1.5 million depending on your local and state tax rate.

So the question that comes to mind is, was it worth taking all those risks, working all those hours, traveling all over the country or even the world, only to have government take almost all of your money? Would you even go to work tomorrow if you knew you are only going to get 15% of what you earned?

The link I provided earlier explains it best. The wealthy cannot support this country and spending yet alone add trillions more in free college, global warming, and Medicare for all. Read it! The rich have no ability to support all that.

If the federal tax rate were 0%, the federal government would collect 0 dollars. If the federal tax rate were 100%, the federal government would still collect 0 dollars because who would be stupid enough to create wealth?

"Just how much is YOUR fair share of what somebody else worked for?"
Thomas Sowell

What makes you think taxing them at 70% is going to make them a failure.... when they’re going to make the money back on the back side of a new green economy! AS I’VE ALREADY EXPLAINED!

Do you not think that would also be a measure of success? The wealthy are NOT GOING TO LOSE OUT ON THIS!

All I’m hearing from you Trumpies is rationalizing doing nothing.

And I’ve already told you.... doing nothing is not an option.

WE DON’T HAVE THAT LUXURY.... ANY MORE TO SET AROUND WITH OUR THUMBS UP OUR ASS!

Global warming IS HAPPENING. It is the existential threat OF OUR TIME AND GENERATION. And we BY GOD have to meet this head on and DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to address this.

If it means throwing some billionaires and millionaires on the sacrificial TAX THEIR ASS ALTAR...... then SO BE IT!

If you have a better plan then spill it! Otherwise.... it’s AOC time.

But make no mistake....... one way or the other..... this is going to happen.

Your problem is you are brainwashed. You believe more in this climate change thing than God himself. You really think that a planet that's possibly hundreds of millions years old can rely on temperature changes that took place the past couple hundreds of years, and say that those changes are indicative of something.

Let me ask: how many factories were there at the end of the ice age? How many cars were around at that time?

If green anything were able to produce the jobs, the energy, the results you think, private industry would have capitalized on it decades ago. You wouldn't need government promoting or subsidizing it. But the facts are that we are not going to put our country in such a hole that it can't ever dig out because of you (and your ilk) beliefs.

So tell me, how many windmills do you have on your property? How many times a year do you use mass transit? How many times do you use your electric car? I would be willing to bet you don't participate in any of those things. Instead, you want government to force everybody else to.

I think what you don't realize is that a very small change in the average temperature of the earth by only a few degrees Celsius can create major changes in the environment. It has risen only about 4 degrees in the last million years but .7 degree in less than a century. For example, just a few degrees average rise in the sea temperature would eradicate thousands of species including oysters, crab, and coral which in turn would disrupt the food supply for a host of small creatures which are the food source for many of fish that humans and other creatures depend on.

The huge cost of dealing with climate change is nothing compared to the cost of doing nothing.

I guess that depends on who you ask.

Nocookies

2018 was the fourth-warmest year on record behind 2016, 2015 and 2017. Even more concerning, the World Methodological Organization predicts a 5- to 9-degree temperature rise by the end of the century.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

2019GlobalTemps_Bars_F_en_title_lg_900_506_s_c1_c_c.jpg

As you know, ten years is weather not climate anything.

Ten years is less than a heartbeat when discussing "Climate Change". Why do you post such silly things?

Why are we "skeptics"? Because so many things Global Warmer's believe and preach so many things that simply are not true. Why did you continue to hang on so desperately to those same fake ideas?

Professor Phil Jones was the center of the Global Warming Scam at East Anglia University. Their program was considered the epitome of Global Warming Information. The disclosure of thousands of e-mails proving their efforts to conceal information discredit and even prevent opposing views from being published has wrecked the scam, hopefully forever. Data used by the United Nations IPCC findings came from EAU.

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing (it has now been disclosed that all the “raw data” was DUMPED!

There has been no global warming since 1995

Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

[…]

Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Read more: Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Daily Mail Online

Phil Jones has said that he considered suicide for his part in this fiasco.

Let us also recall: The e-mails leaked in the fall of 2009 allow us to trace the machinations of a small but influential band of British and US climate scientists who played the lead role in the IPCC reports. It appears that this group, which controlled access to basic temperature data, was able to produce a "warming" by manipulating the analysis of the data, but refused to share information on the basic data or details of their analysis with independent scientists who requested them -- in violation of Freedom of Information laws. In fact, they went so far as to keep any dissenting views from being published -- by monopolizing the peer-review process, aided by ideologically cooperative editors of prestigious journals, like Science and Nature.

We learn from the e-mails that the ClimateGate gang was able to "hide the decline" [of global temperature] by applying what they termed as "tricks," and that they intimidated editors and forced out those judged to be "uncooperative." No doubt, thorough investigations, now in progress or planned, will disclose the full range of their nefarious activities. But it is clear that this small cabal was able to convince much of the world that climate disasters were impending -- unless drastic steps were taken. Not only were most of the media, public, and politicians misled, but so were many scientists, national academies of science, and professional organizations -- and even the Norwegian committee that awarded the 2007 Peace Prize to the IPCC and Al Gore, the chief apostle of climate alarmism.

Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Daily Mail Online

Platitudes? Have you read the bill? It's basically a list of platitudes.
and you don't believe in global warming so your opinion, actually brainwashed garbage, makes your opinion worthless.
Some of us prefer to look at the actual science behind claims as opposed to sheepishly getting in line at the slaughter house.
No denier has looked at the science.
The simple fact that you use the term "denier", speaks volumes.A more apt term would be skeptic. Any scientist that isn't skeptical has no place in science.
The deniers are not scientist

List of scientists who disagree with the scientific consensus on global warming - Wikipedia

No one is shutting off the electricity.,

But there is wind & solar

unless you plan to carpet the entire country with solar panels and windmills, there is no way that those can generate enough electricity to power this country. Nuclear might work, but nuclear is evil, right?

There is enough energy rained down on the Earth in the noon time hour to power the planet for a year.

I guess we should ignore it., Silly me.

Free energy. Who would bitch about free energy? Fossil fuel people? Do ya think? They dupe ignorant fucks like you & here you people are lying & having a freaking fit about the NGD.

How stupid are you people?

LOL, most of that so-called rained down energy falls on the oceans, do you want to float solar panels on the surface of all the oceans?

the stupid person here is you.
Only a stupid fuck thinks we need to collect all of it.

Ok, so you only want to cover the land with solar panels and windmills. There is continuous wind off the coast of the Kennedy compound why are there no windmills there? and what does it cost to build all those solar panels and windmills? are they free? Solar panels need liquid silicon and it takes a lot of heat to melt silicon, what fuel does that?

I wish you libs would actually think about the practical side of your foolish fantasy world.

For years they were considering a huge windmill on lake Erie. We have a lot of wind here in Cleveland, in fact, we are windier than Chicago. However they could not justify the cost with the production of electricity. The windmill would actually lose money between what it cost to build and the maintenance required.

Yes electric cars are coming…..but not everyone will have one in tens yrs,,,,not possible...……
now how are you going to charge them when she shuts off the electricity

neither of which can meet our demands of today. while we should continue to develop and subsidize these industries for future energy needs, it's fucking idiotic to say GET OFF THEM IN 10 YEARS!!!

but then just about everything in her plan was idiotic.
I guess we are still discussing the new green deal bill since it's suppose to be the subject of this thread. The bill sets a goal of being off fossil fuels by 2050 which became 30 years, then 20 years, now 10 years on this thread. Maybe this is why big oil is investing billions into renewable energy.
Big Oil Is Investing Billions in Renewable Energy. Here's Where and How. -- The Motley Fool
Riiiggghhttt…..yeah we didnt mean 10 ummmm umm someone tampered with it......BTW Big oil is bringing huge new oil fields online that will be here long past 30 yr timeline which tells me even that is optimistic. Creating new oil states out of thin air.

The problem is even if we did all those things on that list, they would still be complaining and wanting more.

Years ago the feds told us that our state is too dirty, so they forced us into having our vehicles tested in the areas where the meter hit the red line. E-Check has cost Ohioans tens of millions of dollars. After ten years or so, they measured the air quality again and found no change. So what did they do? Insist we continue the failed program.

This country coming from a guy that lives in a state that used to have rivers that caught on fire until those “failed programs” stopped them burning.

The difference is that we had empirical evidence chemicals didn't dissipate in the water, and THEN we did something about it. Global Warming is different because we are acting on something we don't know is happening because of man or cow farts. It's a theory. The Cuyahoga river starting on fire was not theory.

Don't use your ignorance as proof something is or is not happening.

Look at any temperature graph. Look at any CO2 ppm graph.

More CO2 in the atmosphere => More green house gas effect => high temps.

PROVEN SCIENCE.

Yes, let's do that.

View attachment 245152

Exactly what are you trying to say?

You don't know how to read a graph?

unless you plan to carpet the entire country with solar panels and windmills, there is no way that those can generate enough electricity to power this country. Nuclear might work, but nuclear is evil, right?

There is enough energy rained down on the Earth in the noon time hour to power the planet for a year.

Free energy. Who would bitch about free energy? Fossil fuel people? Do ya think? They dupe ignorant fucks like you & here you people are lying & having a freaking fit about the NGD.

LOL, most of that so-called rained down energy falls on the oceans, do you want to float solar panels on the surface of all the oceans?

Ok, so you only want to cover the land with solar panels and windmills. There is continuous wind off the coast of the Kennedy compound why are there no windmills there? and what does it cost to build all those solar panels and windmills? are they free? Solar panels need liquid silicon and it takes a lot of heat to melt silicon, what fuel does that?

I wish you libs would actually think about the practical side of your foolish fantasy world.

For years they were considering a huge windmill on lake Erie. We have a lot of wind here in Cleveland, in fact, we are windier than Chicago. However they could not justify the cost with the production of electricity. The windmill would actually lose money between what it cost to build and the maintenance required.
Buffalo has a whole bunch down by the lake and they work fine WTH? And My county here Wyoming county New York has several hundred work great no problems. Cleveland was going to have one giant one? Silly Republicans...

Yes electric cars are coming…..but not everyone will have one in tens yrs,,,,not possible...……

So tell me, how can I get some of this "free" energy?

So tell me, how can I get some of this "free" energy?

Hmmm, tough one, have you tried splicing into the neighbors power line?

These islands are not nations dumb ass. And why is NYC still above water?

6 Lost cities found underwater around the world

Proof that islands are disappearing. Again, the predictions you are mocking said "could" not "would".

No, they said it would just like AO Kotex said we only have 12 years left if we don't do something about climate change. Climate models are wrong almost all of the time, and that's what they base their predictions on.
Mocking women.

This is another example of how stupid you people are.

We have a short period to do something to limit the rise in temps so as to prevent the worst effects.

It takes decades for the Earth to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere. We need to reduce our emissions within the next so many years to prevent these major problems from occurring in the next 50-75 years. We need to act now.

It is truly sad for future generations that their lives are being put in jeopardy just because ignorant5 people like you are too fucking stupid to grasp what is being said by the scientists.

This type of ignorance & stupidity gave us Trump & now it will doom our children's future

Fuck you ignorant people.

Oh please, how long have we been hearing about this "short time left" nonsense? I already provided you links (some with video) of people making the predictions of the end of time decades ago, and we're doing just fine.

We are in no more jeopardy of ending our planet with climate change than we are of aliens coming down in UFO's and taking over.

I'll ask a Rush Limbaugh question here: If somebody offered you a billion dollars to raise the temperature of this planet by three degrees, how would you go about it?

We don't control the climate. We can't even get an accurate seven day weather forecast yet in most places. Power brokers have you people so brainwashed it's all you can see. It's like when Trump mocked Chief Warren about giving a speech on global warming when she was getting covered in snow.

Buffalo has a whole bunch down by the lake and they work fine WTH? And My county here Wyoming county New York has several hundred work great no problems. Cleveland was going to have one giant one? Silly Republicans...

It's not a matter if they work or not, it's about how cost efficient they are.

One of our former customers was a big global warming lib. He ran his business with a windmill. One of his workers told me it was just about to pay itself off in about three months. About a month later, I went there and the top of the windmill was gone. The owner was in the warehouse, so I asked him what happened to it? He just too his too hands up and swished them down and said "Aaah."

That was about four years ago, and I noticed last time I was in the industrial park it was never re-installed.

Last edited:

It's not a matter if they work or not, it's about how cost effective they are.

One of our former customers was a big global warming lib. He ran his business with a windmill. One of his workers told me it was just about to pay itself off in about three months. About a month later, I went there and the top of the windmill was gone. The owner was in the warehouse, so I asked him what happened to it? He just too his too hands up and swished them down and said "Aaah."

That was about four years ago, and I noticed last time I was in the industrial park it was never re-installed.
Well we have hundreds of them around here and they are about 400 ft tall and they work great. Made in Finland.

You keep being a liar & fraud & dumber than shit.

As proof the UN official said "COULD" SOME NATIONS like island nations in the Pacific.

Islands are disappearing: Eight low-lying Pacific islands swallowed whole by rising seas

You are the guy calling scientists a liar because you have been smoking for 30 years & don't have lung cancer.,

These islands are not nations dumb ass. And why is NYC still above water?

6 Lost cities found underwater around the world

Proof that islands are disappearing. Again, the predictions you are mocking said "could" not "would".

No, they said it would just like AO Kotex said we only have 12 years left if we don't do something about climate change. Climate models are wrong almost all of the time, and that's what they base their predictions on.
Mocking women.

This is another example of how stupid you people are.

We have a short period to do something to limit the rise in temps so as to prevent the worst effects.

It takes decades for the Earth to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere. We need to reduce our emissions within the next so many years to prevent these major problems from occurring in the next 50-75 years. We need to act now.

It is truly sad for future generations that their lives are being put in jeopardy just because ignorant5 people like you are too fucking stupid to grasp what is being said by the scientists.

This type of ignorance & stupidity gave us Trump & now it will doom our children's future

Fuck you ignorant people.

Oh please, how long have we been hearing about this "short time left" nonsense? I already provided you links (some with video) of people making the predictions of the end of time decades ago, and we're doing just fine.

We are in no more jeopardy of ending our planet with climate change than we are of aliens coming down in UFO's and taking over.

I'll ask a Rush Limbaugh question here: If somebody offered you a billion dollars to raise the temperature of this planet by three degrees, how would you go about it?

We don't control the climate. We can't even get an accurate seven day weather forecast yet in most places. Power brokers have you people so brainwashed it's all you can see. It's like when Trump mocked Chief Warren about giving a speech on global warming when she was getting covered in snow.
Weather is not climate. You GOP voters have no clue about global warming. You're the only people in the world that deny because you are totally brainwashed out of your minds.

Forum List

Back