Green energy Bottleneck

I find it ironic you live in California and know so little about turbines. Here in the San Francisco area we have thousands of wind turbines and very few fail! There is a newer type of wind turbine that does not have propeller blades but a simple helix.
In San Francisco you have zero wind turbines. But you said area, right? In San Francisco county you have no Wind Turbines!

altamont pass.jpg

14,000 wind turbines, failed, left to rot, torn down, Altamont pass, California.

Green Energy, the Science of the smart? Let us look at the advances.

1st generation Wind Turbines, around 70 feet tall.
Latest design, 1500 feet tall!

Now that is science, wind turbines fail by the tens of thousands. The solution, make them bigger! Such great thinking of the left. They are real geniuses.

View attachment 264334
I find it ironic you live in California and know so little about turbines. Here in the San Francisco area we have thousands of wind turbines and very few fail! There is a newer type of wind turbine that does not have propeller blades but a simple helix.
The industry doesn't have much optimism for vertical-axis turbines, including the helix design.

Green Energy, the Science of the smart? Let us look at the advances.

1st generation Wind Turbines, around 70 feet tall.
Latest design, 1500 feet tall!

Now that is science, wind turbines fail by the tens of thousands. The solution, make them bigger! Such great thinking of the left. They are real geniuses.

View attachment 264334

The only person demonstrating ignorance is you. When is the last time you visited the Altamont?

Or have you ever even seen the dozens of windmills sitting silent?

That's not including the ones that have caught fire and collapsed.

Last time I drove through Altamont Pass I counted more failed windmills than active ones. By "failed" I don't mean they weren't in use; I only counted as "failed" those with missing or obviously damaged blades. I won't do that again. To many failures to count - distracting on a somewhat difficult road.

Forum List

Back