Next mining ‘golden age’ to be fuelled by green energy demand

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Australia will seek billions of dollars in investments for its critical minerals to launch a new “golden age” for the resources sector as global demand soars for metals vital for electric vehicles, solar panels and other green technology.

Remote : 2024-01-28(Sunday) 09 : 10 : 16
Local : 2024-01-28(Sunday) 09 : 10 : 16

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

FYI.
any thoughts on this development will be valuable to the rest of us! :)

The only mining being done in the "Green Energy"sector is mining for other people's money ...

214aum.jpg

Australia will seek billions of dollars in investments for its critical minerals to launch a new “golden age” for the resources sector as global demand soars for metals vital for electric vehicles, solar panels and other green technology.

FYI.
And it's going to be done with child slave labor in the undeveloped world

FYI.
Good for the Aussies

I prefer gasoline for my cars

but why not make money off of the Lost Secrets of Atlantis while they can?

sorry, but that's just frustrated nonsense.
the oil and gas industry tapped the wealth of the middle class during it's initial development just as much as green energy does today.

The oil and gas industry MADE the middle class the wealthiest they have ever been.

It has made the lives of ALL humans who enjoy the benefits of that technology, BETTER, and easier, than at any time in recorded history.

So called Green energy has not, will not, and is not, capable of that profound level of effect.

The oil and gas industry MADE the middle class the wealthiest they have ever been.

It has made the lives of ALL humans who enjoy the benefits of that technology, BETTER, and easier, than at any time in recorded history.

So called Green energy has not, will not, and is not, capable of that profound level of effect.
just wait until we finally can use fusion instead of fission nuclear power plants.

just wait until we finally can use fusion instead of fission nuclear power plants.

I'm looking forward to that time. But so called green energy isn't even in the discussion.

I'm looking forward to that time. But so called green energy isn't even in the discussion.
oh, but mineral extractions for batteries is very much part of the green energy (re)volution, isn't it?
i was merely pointing out the obvious benefits of producing electricity itself in a sustainable way.
which will only drastically drive up mining company stocks, if you ask me.

oh, but mineral extractions for batteries is very much part of the green energy (re)volution, isn't it?
i was merely pointing out the obvious benefits of producing electricity itself in a sustainable way.
which will only drastically drive up mining company stocks, if you ask me.

Batteries AREN'T green. They are toxic to produce, use LOADS of fossil fuels to extract the materials used to make them, require fossil fuel power plants to charge them, and when dead are a toxic mess for the next generation to deal with.

They are FAR from green.

Batteries AREN'T green. They are toxic to produce, use LOADS of fossil fuels to extract the materials used to make them, require fossil fuel power plants to charge them, and when dead are a toxic mess for the next generation to deal with.

They are FAR from green.
they're also NOT the first toxic substance we've learned to properly control the lifecycles of! :p ;)

they're also NOT the first toxic substance we've learned to properly control the lifecycles of! :p ;)

Then why is the majority of the production done in third world countries that don't protect either their people, or the environment?

Then why is the majority of the production done in third world countries that don't protect either their people, or the environment?
because the technology stack to do it all domestically and with robots is not yet built.
and because taking their minerals at an affordable price first, is the more powerful option :(

because the technology stack to do it all domestically and with robots is not yet built.
and because taking their minerals at an affordable price first, is the more powerful option :(

Soooo pollute now, worry about it later. That's your solution?

Forum List

Back