Greatest Movie of All Time?

Damn Spielberg and Lucas to the fiery regions for their part in making movies stupider by money.

This from the guy that thinks there are handguns with no metal parts and it takes special ammunition to penetrate bullet resistant vests.

Sorry, what were you saying about stupid? Or do you just believe everything you see in the movies?
Blockbuster movies such as Star Wars, Jaws, the whole Spiderman franchise and The Avengerswere not produced to make smart people happy at the movies. They were made to make money off of stupid people and little kids. Sophistication is lost on modern movie makers, as it appear to be lost on you.
Making movies for the mass market has always been about creating entertaining movies to make money.

This from the guy that thinks there are handguns with no metal parts and it takes special ammunition to penetrate bullet resistant vests.

Sorry, what were you saying about stupid? Or do you just believe everything you see in the movies?
Blockbuster movies such as Star Wars, Jaws, the whole Spiderman franchise and The Avengerswere not produced to make smart people happy at the movies. They were made to make money off of stupid people and little kids. Sophistication is lost on modern movie makers, as it appear to be lost on you.
Making movies for the mass market has always been about creating entertaining movies to make money.
Key word: mass market.

They don't make great movies anymore because they can't market a Casablanca action figure.

The market Hollywood wants has acne, not erectile dysfunction.:lol:

No Cain Mutiny?

"and then there was the strawberry incident...."
Opps! One of my best
They were all disloyal officers!

I used geometric logic.

Bogart's best three roles were characters who were, or went absolutely ape shit nuts. Dixon Steele in In a Lonely Place, Fred C. Dobbs in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and Commander Quintin Queeg in The Caine Mutiny.
I guess I can buy that, although I think his performance in 'African Queen' is one of his top three.

"Once Upon A Time In America". "Fargo". "Slingblade". "Out of the Past". "Gone With The Wind". "The Godfather 1 and 2".

Opps! One of my best

I used geometric logic.

Bogart's best three roles were characters who were, or went absolutely ape shit nuts. Dixon Steele in In a Lonely Place, Fred C. Dobbs in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and Commander Quintin Queeg in The Caine Mutiny.
I guess I can buy that, although I think his performance in 'African Queen' is one of his top three.
I think so too. He was tough, charming yet vulnerable. Much like Rick Blaine in Casablanca.

But watching him fall apart in Treasure of the Sierra Madreand dance on the head of a pin in In a Lonely Placewas very intriguing.

Opps! One of my best

I used geometric logic.

In a bio of Bogart I read an interesting piece about his work. He never really thought of his work as an art but rather a craft or trade. Movie making was a job. He worked 8 hours a day and went home. He rarely watched his movies and skipped the premieres. He guarded his privacy and was not that well liked in Hollywood. He was quoted in the press as saying, "The only reason to have money is to tell any SOB in the world to go to hell.” In short his personal life was not too far off from his movie life.

Best scene EVER from my fave all time movie: Body Heat. William Hurt, Kathleen Turner.

Greatest. Scene. Ever. - YouTube

Trailer: Body Heat 1981 - YouTube

I was watching the first video and thought this must be a joke and then realized this must be a girl posting. :lol: Is that really what you consider a great scene? How about the scene where Marcellis is getting raped in Pulp fiction? Or the scene in resevoir dogs where the guy dances around and cuts the guys ear off? Or Indiana Jones running from that rock? Or the rape scene in the Girl with the Dragon Tatoos?

Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Goodfellas, Caddyshack, Stripes, Wizard of Oz, Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hur, Love Potion Number 9 w Sandra Bulluck and McDreamy or McSteamy, The Princess Bride, Scarface, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch more I love and can see over and over.

"Once Upon A Time In America". "Fargo". "Slingblade". "Out of the Past". "Gone With The Wind". "The Godfather 1 and 2".

Jeremia Johnson with Paul Newman.

Oh my God, I forgot about one of my favorites, WESTERNS! Lonesome Dove, Young Guns, Silverado, just about every John Wayne western.

Lostboys, Predator, Stand By Me.

Oh, thank you for reminding me about my other favorite kind of movie, superheros.

Ironman 1. Nothing wrong with that movie. Even addressed terrorism in the middle east.

The Dark Night. Sweet! Best superhero movie of all time. So much better than when Jack Nicholson was the Joker. Or when Michael Keaton was Batman, or George Clooney.

True or False. Prince's only number one song is that stupid Batman song he came up with for the movie.

Jeremia Johnson with Paul Newman.

Oh my God, I forgot about one of my favorites, WESTERNS! Lonesome Dove, Young Guns, Silverado, just about every John Wayne western.

Lostboys, Predator, Stand By Me.
I think Jeremiah Johnson was Robert Redford.

Not the greatest but I recorded this and just started watching it. Love the music, it's pretty good.

I have many movies I love...

Scarface
A Clockwork Orange
Clerks/Clerks II
Bully
Goodfellas
The Godfather
The Hillz
Boyz-N-The Hood
Mail Order Wife

I suppose if I had to pick one it would be Clerks - I love the dialogue.

Last edited:
220px-Terminator2poster.jpg

No explanation needed.

Prometheus comes a close second.

Demolition Man is another movie - Hell, I use it as an example of the path our society is headed at times.

Forum List

Back