Great news from Kazakhstan

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The population of a rare type of antelope has more than doubled since 2019, in a remarkable turn around in fortunes.
According to the first aerial survey in two years, the number of saiga in their Kazakhstan heartland has risen from 334,000 to 842,000.

There were fears the animal was on the brink of extinction following a mass die-off in 2015.

Nice !

1625406815055.png

The population of a rare type of antelope has more than doubled since 2019, in a remarkable turn around in fortunes.
According to the first aerial survey in two years, the number of saiga in their Kazakhstan heartland has risen from 334,000 to 842,000.

There were fears the animal was on the brink of extinction following a mass die-off in 2015.

Nice !

View attachment 508655
Cute but not a long distance sprinter like the American pronghorn antelope.

Nice !

View attachment 508655
Needs a picture mate.

Nice !

View attachment 508655
Needs a picture mate.
I don't know how to do that. Wikipedia Pronghorn Antelope. 60 mph out of the gate and can keep it up for miles.

Nice !

View attachment 508655
Needs a picture mate.
I don't know how to do that. Wikipedia Pronghorn Antelope. 60 mph out of the gate and can keep it up for miles.
Here ya go. Must be quite a sight when they are in the wild.

1625409010321.png

Nice !

View attachment 508655
Needs a picture mate.
Here ya go. Must be quite a sight when they are in the wild.

View attachment 508663
The fastest antelope in the world and native to North America.

I wish more people would contribute to the charities set up to help animals. I am a "Guardian" contributor ($19/month) to the ASPCA, and I'm a very low income retired person. It's not a lot of money for each person, but if everybody contributed just these small amounts to these animal welfare groups, it could help the animals (pets or wild) a great deal.

Forum List

Back