Gravity and God

Votto

Gold Member
Reaction score
So what does gravity and God have in common? Both are immaterial. No atoms. No particles. Gravity is just mass warping empty space. That still give me a headache trying to wrap my mind around it. Why then do we all accept gravity exists? It's because every day we are witness to its effects. There has not been one second in a day when we were not reminded of the effects of gravity, so its existence, its power, goes unquestioned.

But can the effects of God also be seen? Consider this, the odds of a living cell coming about by chance on its own is 10 to the 164rth power. To say that these odds are astronomical is an understatement.

Last edited:

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So what does gravity and God have in common? Both are immaterial. No atoms. No particles. Gravity is just mass warping empty space. That still give me a headache trying to wrap my mind around it. Why then do we all accept gravity exists? It's because every day we are witness to its effects. There has not been one second in a day when we were not reminded of the effects of gravity, so its existence, its power, goes unquestioned.

But can the effects of God also be seen? Consider this, the odds of a living cell coming about by chance on its own is 10 to the 164rth power. To say that these odds are astronomical is an understatement.

In a word, WOW. Thanks for this info.

fncceo

Gold Member
Reaction score
We can see the effects of gravity and predict those effects to a very high degree of accuracy over vast astronomical distance.

It's much more difficult, nigh impossible, to make any predictions or formulate laws on how G-d effects us.

Despite the fact we've been dealing with G-d for all of time, his ways remain mysterious.

Crepitus

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Theoretically gravity is a particle.

fncceo

Gold Member
Reaction score

graviton_1.png

occupied

Gold Member
Reaction score
The question of the origin of life can never be answered with absolute certainty and is therefore practically meaningless.

Angelo

Gold Member
Reaction score

Only a 'God' or some kind of supreme being could have been intelligent enough to create the big bang(s?),and life from it, is a concept apparently even many atheists are beginning to give some consideration.

The number that blows my mind is ( it's estimated) there are more stars in the known universe than grains of sand on earth. ( if I'm paraphrasing correctly)

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Reaction score
The most cogent connection between 'God' and gravity is that both are nouns commonly used for something that is not understood. But, because we have a 'name' for something, it gives us the impression of knowing it, having a handle on it. We may very well make a discovery that reveals how our "gravity" is not at all what we assume it to be.

OP
Votto

Votto

Gold Member
Reaction score
We can see the effects of gravity and predict those effects to a very high degree of accuracy over vast astronomical distance.

It's much more difficult, nigh impossible, to make any predictions or formulate laws on how G-d effects us.

Despite the fact we've been dealing with G-d for all of time, his ways remain mysterious.
But some scientists claim to know how life started yet cannot duplicate it.

So instead of creating life that is "random", you would think they would at least be able with intelligent design be able to reduce the odds of creating a single cell.

OP
Votto

Votto

Gold Member
Reaction score

Theoretically?

I reckon it would have to be in theory. What else are they gonna say?

After all, if it's not a particle of some sort then science has no answers because science is only a study of particles.

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
...there is no proof of god .....where is your proof?
...you quote ''odds''??? that's not even close to being far away from proof
..humans can't even begin to IMAGINE WHO created the universe/etc ..it's beyond our intelligence .....you are just speculating with no evidence to back it up

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score

Only a 'God' or some kind of supreme being could have been intelligent enough to create the big bang(s?),and life from it, is a concept apparently even many atheists are beginning to give some consideration.

The number that blows my mind is ( it's estimated) there are more stars in the known universe than grains of sand on earth. ( if I'm paraphrasing correctly)
many atheists?? many believers believe in evolution

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
we can SEE and feel the affects of gravity........there is nothing SEEN of god
--you are comparing gravity and god????!!!! = nonsensical

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score

So God is not alive.

fncceo

Gold Member
Reaction score

But some scientists claim to know how life started yet cannot duplicate it.

So instead of creating life that is "random", you would think they would at least be able with intelligent design be able to reduce the odds of creating a single cell.
There is a workable theory for creation of life. It's not the same thing as knowing for a certainty.

Of course, you're under no obligation to believe it.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Why?

tyroneweaver

Gold Member
Reaction score

I believe God is corporeal as well as His Son Jesus Christ.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List