Gravity and God

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
So what does gravity and God have in common? Both are immaterial. No atoms. No particles. Gravity is just mass warping empty space. That still give me a headache trying to wrap my mind around it. Why then do we all accept gravity exists? It's because every day we are witness to its effects. There has not been one second in a day when we were not reminded of the effects of gravity, so its existence, its power, goes unquestioned.

But can the effects of God also be seen? Consider this, the odds of a living cell coming about by chance on its own is 10 to the 164rth power. To say that these odds are astronomical is an understatement.

Last edited:
So what does gravity and God have in common? Both are immaterial. No atoms. No particles. Gravity is just mass warping empty space. That still give me a headache trying to wrap my mind around it. Why then do we all accept gravity exists? It's because every day we are witness to its effects. There has not been one second in a day when we were not reminded of the effects of gravity, so its existence, its power, goes unquestioned.

But can the effects of God also be seen? Consider this, the odds of a living cell coming about by chance on its own is 10 to the 164rth power. To say that these odds are astronomical is an understatement.

In a word, WOW. Thanks for this info.

We can see the effects of gravity and predict those effects to a very high degree of accuracy over vast astronomical distance.

It's much more difficult, nigh impossible, to make any predictions or formulate laws on how G-d effects us.

Despite the fact we've been dealing with G-d for all of time, his ways remain mysterious.

Theoretically gravity is a particle.

graviton_1.png

The question of the origin of life can never be answered with absolute certainty and is therefore practically meaningless.

Only a 'God' or some kind of supreme being could have been intelligent enough to create the big bang(s?),and life from it, is a concept apparently even many atheists are beginning to give some consideration.

The number that blows my mind is ( it's estimated) there are more stars in the known universe than grains of sand on earth. ( if I'm paraphrasing correctly)

The most cogent connection between 'God' and gravity is that both are nouns commonly used for something that is not understood. But, because we have a 'name' for something, it gives us the impression of knowing it, having a handle on it. We may very well make a discovery that reveals how our "gravity" is not at all what we assume it to be.

We can see the effects of gravity and predict those effects to a very high degree of accuracy over vast astronomical distance.

It's much more difficult, nigh impossible, to make any predictions or formulate laws on how G-d effects us.

Despite the fact we've been dealing with G-d for all of time, his ways remain mysterious.
But some scientists claim to know how life started yet cannot duplicate it.

So instead of creating life that is "random", you would think they would at least be able with intelligent design be able to reduce the odds of creating a single cell.

Theoretically?

I reckon it would have to be in theory. What else are they gonna say?

After all, if it's not a particle of some sort then science has no answers because science is only a study of particles.

...there is no proof of god .....where is your proof?
...you quote ''odds''??? that's not even close to being far away from proof
..humans can't even begin to IMAGINE WHO created the universe/etc ..it's beyond our intelligence .....you are just speculating with no evidence to back it up

Only a 'God' or some kind of supreme being could have been intelligent enough to create the big bang(s?),and life from it, is a concept apparently even many atheists are beginning to give some consideration.

The number that blows my mind is ( it's estimated) there are more stars in the known universe than grains of sand on earth. ( if I'm paraphrasing correctly)

many atheists?? many believers believe in evolution

So God is not alive.

But some scientists claim to know how life started yet cannot duplicate it.

So instead of creating life that is "random", you would think they would at least be able with intelligent design be able to reduce the odds of creating a single cell.

There is a workable theory for creation of life. It's not the same thing as knowing for a certainty.

Of course, you're under no obligation to believe it.

Why?

I believe God is corporeal as well as His Son Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back