Gov Larry Hogan on Trump - "I Say Three Strikes and You're Out"

Like Dole. And McCain. And Romney.

I think the problem with Dole is he was just boring. The guy was an old dud. As far as McCain goes, nobody was going to beat Obama in 2008. You had just had the biggest market crash in 70 years while a Republican was in the White House. Pair that up with Obama being the first black nominee. Nobody stood a chance in that race. As for Romney, similar dynamics with Obama since black were coming out in record numbers to reelect him and in my opinion, he has never come off as genuine to me. He was our governor when I still lived in Boston and I always viewed him as having a used car salesmen personality.

Larry Hogan was speaking at the Republican Jewish coalition:

“Trump was saying that we'd be winning so much we'd get tired of winning. Well, I’m sick and tired of our party losing. After this election last week, I'm even more sick and tired. [...] If you repeatedly lose to a really bad team, it's time for new leadership."

Hogan would make a great presidential candidate. He's the kind who could carry the swing states and even flip some of the Dem leaning states, like Virginia, back to red. Of course, if he ran, the far right base of the party would call him a "RINO" and would put their support behind a less pragmatic candidate who would have a harder time winning.

Biden freeze effect must blame Trump

Could you explain to the USMB forum, the reasoning that you used to come to the conclusion that Trump handled Covid cold heartedly?
He never showed any compassion, peddled false hope, and rhetoric wasn’t consistent with his policy. He made everything about him, like always does. The man couldn’t stop patting himself on the back as people were dying and getting sick. He never stopped being a braggart for a second.

He never showed any compassion, peddled false hope, and rhetoric wasn’t consistent with his policy. He made everything about him, like always does. The man couldn’t stop patting himself on the back as people were dying and getting sick. He never stopped being a braggart for a second.
Trump cut taxes that benefited 85% of taxpayers, he secured the Southern border and got us out of disastrous agreements on climate and with Iran. He was putting a stop to unwinnable wars. Until Covid the economy was booming. Those are facts.

What has been done for the citizens in the last two years? Shitting on them does not count.

You just described a bunch of democrats. Nancy bragging about or expensive ice cream in her 10,000 freezer Newsom out partying without a mask even though it was his mask mandate Witmore dictatorship.

His cold hearted handling of Covid. At first I carried water for Trump, but after Covid I saw the man for who he is I turned on him.
Very hard to see what President Trump did when you are a Marxist.

liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

His cold hearted handling of Covid. At first I carried water for Trump, but after Covid I saw the man for who he is I turned on him.
The governors in Blue states did more damage than Trump could ever do. They knowingly sent Covid patients to nursing homes killing thousands. And before they died their families could not even see them. No more talk about compassion from you, OK?

Larry Hogan was speaking at the Republican Jewish coalition:

“Trump was saying that we'd be winning so much we'd get tired of winning. Well, I’m sick and tired of our party losing. After this election last week, I'm even more sick and tired. [...] If you repeatedly lose to a really bad team, it's time for new leadership."

Hogan would make a great presidential candidate. He's the kind who could carry the swing states and even flip some of the Dem leaning states, like Virginia, back to red. Of course, if he ran, the far right base of the party would call him a "RINO" and would put their support behind a less pragmatic candidate who would have a harder time winning.

What were Trump's 3 strikes?

He lost an election. The other 2 are liberal Conspiracy Theories, exaggerations, and false narratives.

Blaming Trump for a 'failed election' when this 'failed election' resulted in the Democrats losing control of the House to the GOP?

Losing control of the House to the GOP and getting one step closer to losing the Senate in 2024, especially when Biden said after Democrats lost the House he intends to change nothing, possibly double down on his failed picoes and agenda that has voolated both Constitution and Law while causing so much unnecessary pain and suffering, is mot a 'strike'.

The J6 Insurrectoon', which we now know was a combination of multiple 'entrapment schemes' against the American people conducted by the FBI that included no less than 28 undercover agents - 8 who were dressed as Trump supporters waiting inside the Capitol before the Capitol Police openned and held the door open for protestors?@

Scratch those 2 ... so what else you got?

The governors in Blue states did more damage than Trump could ever do. They knowingly sent Covid patients to nursing homes killing thousands. And before they died their families could not even see them. No more talk about compassion from you, OK?
In terms of leadership I’ve never witnessed such callousness exhibited by a president

You just described a bunch of democrats. Nancy bragging about or expensive ice cream in her 10,000 freezer Newsom out partying without a mask even though it was his mask mandate Witmore dictatorship.
Trump was more tone deaf than all of them put together

He appears to be in the same mold as the late John McCain and Mitt Romney candidates that were supposed to be able to appeal to moderate and indpendent voters and win swing states yet neither did. So given this I can't see that result would be any different with this guy he like McCain and Romeny appeal to the DC insider status quo politcal elite crowd but does not have a great deal of support outside of that crowd.

I’ve never heard of Larry Hogan, but he’s not Trump, so that’s a good start
That’s because he concentrated on doing his job, instead of going for headlines. He won twice in a blue state and I even voted for him the second time around. He was approached to run against Trump in the 2020 primaries, but he realized that was a lost cause. As you validated, he didn’t have near the name recognition to make a win against an incumbent feasible.

Totally agree, Hogan is an old school Republican, before they all became Trump cultists. He is precisely the common sense candidate that could make the GOP mop the floor with many Democrats, but he will be rejected, shunned, and likely attacked by the extremist elements that control the Republican Party.
Bullshit. If Hogan wins the Republican nomination, you people will be mapping him to racism and anti-women across the board. Look how you treated McCain and Romney when they stood between your guy and the Presidency?

Is that what the fake news media told you? If so, could you explain to the USMB forum why you believe them?

Forum List

Back