Gov Elect Abbot Will Sign Open Carry Handgun Bill

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nice to see someone starting off their term expanding people's liberty rather than contracting it.

Texas Governor-elect Greg Abbott (R) says he will sign a bill to legalize the open carry of handguns as soon as the legislation reaches his desk. Abbott spoke to reporters in Austin the morning after he won the Lone Star State's gubernatorial election.

According to WFAA 8 ABC, Abbot said: "If an open carry bill is passed by the House and Senate, I will sign it into law."

TX Governor-Elect Abbott I ll Sign Open Carry Handgun Bill As Soon As It Reaches My Desk

Good. There isn't any compelling reason to restrict law abiding citizens from openly carrying their weapons in public. Criminals hell bent on shattering lives are not concerned with the law regardless of open carry laws being loosened or not. At least this may make them think twice before they act. This is an expansion of liberty any way you slice it.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that open carry wasn't already legal in Texas.
I'll bet lots of things shock you.
No, it was not. I am not a proponent of open carry but I support people's right to make that choice. Good going, Abbot. Let's see a bunch more initiatives to increase liberty and roll back tyranny. And let the bedwetters whine.

Forum List

Back