Texas Handgun Carry Bill Moves Forward, ‘US Constitution is My Permit’

PatriotArmy

Platinum Member
May 1, 2021
Every American has the right to be armed. People who don't like guns are sissies and losers. Every real American love the feel of firing a weapon.

The Texas Senate on Wednesday passed a bill that would remove permit requirements for people to carry handguns in public, moving the bill one step closer to becoming law.

The Texas Senate version of the bill, passed on a party-line vote, according to FOX 4, differs slightly from similar legislation already passed by the state’s House. That means the chambers will have to resolve their differences or the House will have to simply adopt the Senate bill, though it is expected to eventually make it to Gov. Greg Abbott‘s desk.

“People are already allowed to have constitutional carry for long guns in the state of Texas. This just adds handguns, someone has to still go through a background check when they buy a handgun,” Abbott said of the bill, according to FOX 4.

Republican supporters of the bill noted that the bill does not change the requirements for people to buy handguns. It only removes the permit requirements to carry guns in public.

• Banned
Who cares? Missouri has had this for years & now St. Louis has the highest murder rate.
This is about permits for law abiding citizens. Not gangs and their illegally purchased guns. So, im not sure why you even mentioned that. Do you?
Missouri is a shall issue constitutional carry state no permits required. I tried to buy a gun in Texas & they won't even sell to me because I am from Missouri.

Who cares? Missouri has had this for years & now St. Louis has the highest murder rate.
This is about permits for law abiding citizens. Not gangs and their illegally purchased guns. So, im not sure why you even mentioned that. Do you?
Missouri is a shall issue constitutional carry state. I tried to buy a gun in Texas & they won't even sell to me because I am from Missouri.
Still trying to figure out the relevance.

So what??

Just because people don't need permits to open carry - that doesn't have anything with St. Louis' murder rate...

That is the fault of blacks and to date.....we haven't found a successful way to make it illegal for blacks to have guns....

However, I think people should immediately be able gun down any black they see carrying a weapon.....because of how violent they are

So what??

Just because people don't need permits to open carry - that doesn't have anything with St. Louis' murder rate...

That is the fault of blacks and to date.....we haven't found a successful way to make it illegal for blacks to have guns....

However, I think people should immediately be able gun down any black they see carrying a weapon.....because of how violent they are
Preach it brother!

So what??

Preach it brother!
They ain't ready.....

They all waiting on you to set the example......

But you keep bitching out

So great. Now we have a shoot-em-up shit culture in which everyone has a gun. You realize that this is an open declaration that we do not have a civilized society. If you do this, you better have one hell of a lot of insurance, as well as a good lawyer.

I hope that all persons, including non-whites, all women, all LGBTQs, and folks of all religions and ethnicities know that they have a right to open carry.

So what??

Preach it brother!
They ain't ready.....

They all waiting on you to set the example......

But you keep bitching out
I did, it just hasnt went viral yet. Give it a few..

Every American has the right to be armed. People who don't like guns are sissies and losers. Every real American love the feel of firing a weapon.

The Texas Senate on Wednesday passed a bill that would remove permit requirements for people to carry handguns in public, moving the bill one step closer to becoming law.

The Texas Senate version of the bill, passed on a party-line vote, according to FOX 4, differs slightly from similar legislation already passed by the state’s House. That means the chambers will have to resolve their differences or the House will have to simply adopt the Senate bill, though it is expected to eventually make it to Gov. Greg Abbott‘s desk.

“People are already allowed to have constitutional carry for long guns in the state of Texas. This just adds handguns, someone has to still go through a background check when they buy a handgun,” Abbott said of the bill, according to FOX 4.

Republican supporters of the bill noted that the bill does not change the requirements for people to buy handguns. It only removes the permit requirements to carry guns in public.
This has got stupid written all over it. But you've got to hand it to conservatives. When they march, they march in lock step since Texas would be the sixth state this year following Iowa, Tennessee, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming to pass a law to give citizens a right to carry a handgun without a permit, or training, or a proficiency test.

This has got stupid written all over it. But you've got to hand it to conservatives. When they march, they march in lock step since Texas would be the sixth state this year following Iowa, Tennessee, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming to pass a law to give citizens a right to carry a handgun without a permit, or training, or a proficiency test.
Hopefully dozens more jump on the bandwagon :)

It might have been nice if the Texas Legislature consulted police officers to find out how they would feel about people without permits carry firearms in cars that the police officers stop on roads and highways for crimes like suspected road rage.

The sissies are the ones scared to go outside without a gun. Weak gun laws guarantee lots of armed criminals. Our homicide rate is 2-3 times higher than wealthy countries with strong gun control.

It might have been nice if the Texas Legislature consulted police officers to find out how they would feel about people without permits carry firearms in cars that the police officers stop on roads and highways for crimes like suspected road rage.
What they think is irrelevant.

The sissies are the ones scared to go outside without a gun. Weak gun laws guarantee lots of armed criminals. Our homicide rate is 2-3 times higher than wealthy countries with strong gun control.
21k gun laws in this country.
Try again, dipshit.

Forum List

Back