Texas lawmakers reach agreement on ‘constitutional carry,’ bill author says

The Texas House and Senate have reached an agreement on a permitless carry bill, lawmakers announced Friday.

Both chambers passed versions the “constitutional carry” bill that would allow Texans 21 and older to carry a handgun without a license as long as they’re not otherwise prohibited from having a firearm. But changes made to House Bill 1927 in the Senate were not agreeable to the House, and a committee made up of representatives and senators was formed to come up with a compromise bill.

The bill’s author Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, announced that a deal had been reached on Friday afternoon after hinting at the development the night prior.

(Excerpt) Read more at google.com ...

And the governor, a Repiblican will sign it into law. It should really be 18 and older (are you an adult or aren’t you???), but I guess it’s progress. Particularly since Texas was a no-issue state not that long ago. Good progress is good progress.
Wtf is constitutional carry?
The U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment not only cites that people can keep firearms, but also "bear" them, meaning carry the firearms they own, hence "Constitutional Carry."
You need to conceal them to be in the "well regulated Militia"?

The Texas House and Senate have reached an agreement on a permitless carry bill, lawmakers announced Friday.

Both chambers passed versions the “constitutional carry” bill that would allow Texans 21 and older to carry a handgun without a license as long as they’re not otherwise prohibited from having a firearm. But changes made to House Bill 1927 in the Senate were not agreeable to the House, and a committee made up of representatives and senators was formed to come up with a compromise bill.

The bill’s author Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, announced that a deal had been reached on Friday afternoon after hinting at the development the night prior.

And the governor, a Repiblican will sign it into law. It should really be 18 and older (are you an adult or aren’t you???), but I guess it’s progress. Particularly since Texas was a no-issue state not that long ago. Good progress is good progress.

Are ya stupid?
Nope, why?

If you dont know what Constituional carry means you're obviously a moron.

You have to ask, you need to be in the underwater basket weave forum...pathetic!
So... You don't know either?

Even you as a leftwing extremist should know what the Constitution is.
I know exactly what the constitution is. I've even read it, which I doubt you have.

WTF is constitutional carry?

Yep...you're a moron.

Are ya stupid?
Nope, why?

You kids can't explain it, but I'm the moron?

Sure, let's go with that.

Are ya stupid?
Nope, why?

Ahhhh ....no.
You're the idiot for pretending you dont know what it means when even the dumbest simpleton gets it.

Are ya stupid?
Nope, why?

Ahhhh ....no.
You're the idiot for pretending you dont know what it means when even the dumbest simpleton gets it.
You've still done nothing but avoid telling us what it is.

You have to ask, you need to be in the underwater basket weave forum...pathetic!
So... You don't know either?

Even you as a leftwing extremist should know what the Constitution is.
I know exactly what the constitution is. I've even read it, which I doubt you have.

WTF is constitutional carry?
It refers to not requiring any additional license or regulated permissions because the Constitution already establishes the right to carry.

My question is: what were the two amendments added to get it to pass in the House that were taken out or changed to pass the Senate? There was division among the rightwing, claiming some "poison pill" had been added to make this weaker. What were those changes or objections about? (EDITED: I added screenshots of descriptions of Amendments dated May 5 earlier in the process). What was the final result AFTER reconciliation? What was the controversy over in the FINAL version passed and signed by the Gov?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210527-045703_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210527-045703_Chrome.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210527-045829_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210527-045829_Chrome.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Texas can do whatever they want. I don't really care because I've never been there nor have plans to move to the state. However I hope our legislatures don't try to do that here. I'm much happier with only licensed carriers because I know that a licensed carrier has had the training, the ability to use that weapon, and understand the laws of using a firearm in the public. I've been to the gun range and seen plenty of irresponsible assholes with guns. I don't want those kinds of people that think guns are toys out in the street.

As for the age requirement, you juvenile criminal records are sealed once you turn 18 years of age. It's like starting a new life. If a person is potentially violent or prone to crime, they haven't spent any time as an adult to demonstrate they will be a law abiding citizen. At the age of 21, they've at least been an adult for 3 years.

Personally anyone over 18, with no criminal record (yes JV records must definitely be considered) and ALL must be screened for mental disease should be able to carry with proper training....Perhaps we would get a rash of killings, perhaps we would get only 2 killed as the 8 shot down this week would have ended much sooner.....only one way to find out, for sure. Also anyone that lives through starting a killing MUST BE adjudicated within 2 months and executed if the circumstances dictate...no appeal!

Personally anyone over 18, with no criminal record (yes JV records must definitely be considered) and ALL must be screened for mental disease should be able to carry with proper training....Perhaps we would get a rash of killings, perhaps we would get only 2 killed as the 8 shot down this week would have ended much sooner.....only one way to find out, for sure. Also anyone that lives through starting a killing MUST BE adjudicated within 2 months and executed if the circumstances dictate...no appeal!

Which would never happen. If we did that, our violent crime rate would be cut in half. Then the left would have no stance on gun control.

Which would never happen. If we did that, our violent crime rate would be cut in half. Then the left would have no stance on gun control.
You are. Of course. 100% correct.....common sense again getting in the way of political expedience

Are ya stupid?
Nope, why?

leftist stupid.jpg

Are ya stupid?
Nope, why?

View attachment 503186
I bet you actually believe that bullshit, too.

Forum List

Back