Gov. Abbot of Texas Cut Funding for Local Food Banks by 44%

It's right there in the Constitution.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say governments are responsible for feeding the people.

Sep 15, 2011 — The Preamble states that an overriding purpose of the U.S. Constitution is to promote the general welfare,” indicating that issues such as ...

What does promoting the general welfare mean?

The concern of the government for the health, peace, morality, and safety of its citizens. Providing for the welfare of the general public is a basic goal of government. The preamble to the U.S. Constitution cites promotion of the general welfare as a primary reason for the creation of the Constitution.

Everyone doesn't get food stamps..only like 13% and being Texass is what they are I doubt it is that high. We are the richest nation in the world and surely we can spare food for people..

We are the richest people in the world, but our federal government is approaching 30 trillion in debt if the commies get their pork bill passed. Forced charity is not charity at all. Forced charity is theft.

Everyone doesn't get food stamps..only like 13% and being Texass is what they are I doubt it is that high. We are the richest nation in the world and surely we can spare food for people..

We are the richest people in the world, but our federal government is approaching 30 trillion in debt if the commies get their pork bill passed. Forced charity is not charity at all. Forced charity is theft.
But you did enjoy your forced charity from the Commie Republicans and Commie Trump?

The concern of the government for the health, peace, morality, and safety of its citizens. Providing for the welfare of the general public is a basic goal of government. The preamble to the U.S. Constitution cites promotion of the general welfare as a primary reason for the creation of the Constitution.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

It strikes me that this thread is a psalm to right wing stupidity. People are not going to starve in a land of plenty.If they have to they will steal it and kill anyone who gets in their way. Feeding the hungry is a good thing on many levels.

What would Jesus have done ?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
He also said that impeachment was valid even though the person is not in office.

why is the government f̶u̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶g̶a̶n̶i̶z̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶??
What you mean is:
Why is the government feeding hungry citizens?
not the governments job to feed hungry people,,, that always results in a weaker society,,,

Wow you missed the part of the constitution about maintaining the general welfare of our nation.

You russian trolls need to learn more about America and our constitution.
I missed the part about feeding fat people/ Maybe it got lost in the translation of the Constitution to Russian.

cool. you pay taxes each year. james madison is wrong.

It strikes me that this thread is a psalm to right wing stupidity. People are not going to starve in a land of plenty.If they have to they will steal it and kill anyone who gets in their way. Feeding the hungry is a good thing on many levels.

What would Jesus have done ?

He would have gotten government to force people to give them money so they can support the poor. God you people are comical when you use Jesus, the entity you often refer to as the invisible man in the sky.

Forum List

Back