GOP Throws Fit, Threatens To End Deal Over Obama Remarks

Doug Heye, a spokesman for House Majority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.), tweeted, “If Obama's goal was to harm the process and make going over the cliff more likely, he's succeeding.” Another Cantor spokesperson said, “So....I'm confused....does POTUS want a deal or not? Because all those jabs at Congress certainly sounded like a smack in the face to me.

Yes, like most republican he is confused.

It’s not up to the president to ‘make a deal,’ the right acts as if the ‘fiscal cliff’ is some kind of a game show.

It’s up to Congress to make the deal, the House in particular; the ‘cliff’ legislation is Congress’ creation, and Congress’ alone to deal with.

"spokesman" "spokesman" Speak up if you got the balls to face the American public!

Something to consider:

Gerrymandering in '90 didn't stop the Dems from losing in '94.

Just a thought. ;)

they just cannot accept that the American voters told them to basically take their tired, old, worn out, Randian idea's & GTFO. :dunno:

President: remains Democrat
Senate: Democratic gains
House: GObP losses

they just don't "get it" :eusa_eh:

Voters kept the HoR Republican........

Do you get it?

GOP'ers got to re-gerrymander their districts in 2010, after the census, & STILL lost seats in 2012. Clearer now?

Dear Partisan Pundit

Democrats re-drew districts in 2008 and 2010.

Why is it that when the Republicans win, it is because they re-drew districts....

....but when Democrats win it is because their platform has a "mandate?"

Doug Heye, a spokesman for House Majority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.), tweeted, “If Obama's goal was to harm the process and make going over the cliff more likely, he's succeeding.” Another Cantor spokesperson said, “So....I'm confused....does POTUS want a deal or not? Because all those jabs at Congress certainly sounded like a smack in the face to me.

It’s not up to the president to ‘make a deal,’ the right acts as if the ‘fiscal cliff’ is some kind of a game show.

It’s up to Congress to make the deal, the House in particular; the ‘cliff’ legislation is Congress’ creation, and Congress’ alone to deal with.

You are perhaps the biggest projecting moron on the website.

LOL

Congrats on achieving the award for biggest understatement of the year right under the wire! Doubt anyone will top it with only6 hours left.

and there are no Dems in the H of R ????

Poor things. They got their feelings hurt :(

I guess egos are more important than the country.

Obama Fiscal Cliff Remarks Spark Republican Threats To Blow Up Deal

With hours remaining to avert the so-called fiscal cliff, President Barack Obama said a deal is “within sight” and urged lawmakers to come together to avert automatic tax hikes and spending cuts that kick in on Tuesday.

But his midday press conference, with a group of middle-class Americans looking on, was not without a bit of bravado as well. Obama took multiple shots at Congress for its clumsiness in negotiations and insisted that he'd demand more tax hikes if the legislative body used the impending debt ceiling standoff to demand spending cuts.

In the process, the president irked several Republican aides, who suggested that the entire fiscal cliff deal had been complicated because of his tone and criticism.

A source close to House Republican leadership went even further, telling HuffPost that the lower chamber was in revolt over Obama's remarks and that the deal could blow up because of them.
Sounds like obama fucked up to me.

Let's see who flinches first.

cliff-jumping.jpeg

This "fiscal cliff" thing? Get used to it. We now operate in a continuous "crisis" of pending governmental collapse.

Cliff-Jumping Is The New Normal

Last edited:
Just wanted to let ya know you are doing a wonderful job of defending your position.

Bravo!!! :eusa_clap:

Jose Alcaraz Correa Real Enrique Espinoza doesn't have enough intellect to carry on a real debate, that's why he has the need to post as he does. I'm told his family is real proud of him. :eusa_shhh:

What does his "family" have to do with it? Did they really tell you that?

Wouldn't you like to know. :eusa_eh:

I guess egos are more important than the country.

It seems Obama thought his was or he would have keep it under control instead of talking down to people the one thing he seems to excel at.

This is the lamest 'blame someone else comment' I have ever seen. I guess I will be seeing it a lot though. Wasn't the House's fault for not voting. No, that was some else's fault. Like Obama's. :eek:

I didn't blame anyone else for the actions of the House I pointed out this President has bad habit of talking down to people and letting his ego override his judgement only someone with a super ego in play would have thought those condescending comments were going to help the situation and only a true partisan would not have seen that was the point of my post.

On a day? We've known this was coming for years and they wait until the last minute..

Fuck Repubs and their poor poor little hurt feelings.
. You have any idea what's at stake here? Or did you faint at the sight of Obama and forget?

Everyone knows what's at stake. Why did the House wait until the last minute to work on this? They were just trying to act like they were in charge. I'm fed up with them, they need to get to work.

But as pointed out earlier, most Rs come from gerrymandered districts and therefore, run unchallenged. They don't have to actually DO anything to keep on winning. They don't even have to show up.

And, read the posts here - the rw's are fine with this. They really don't mind that they have absolutely no representation. All they know about or care about is how much they hate the black guy. Even when the prez works FOR them, they hate him and love the Rs who are screwing them.

I could care less what Cantor's "aide" thinks OR Cantor for that matter. He, & his t-party puppet masters, is the reason negotiations foundered in the first place.

Go eat a scoop of ice cream out of Elvis' asshole, fuckface

Just wanted to let ya know you are doing a wonderful job of defending your position.

Jose Alcaraz Correa Real Enrique Espinoza doesn't have enough intellect to carry on a real debate, that's why he has the need to post as he does. I'm told his family is real proud of him. :eusa_shhh:

Shyster is a corrupt piece of shit. True story.

But as pointed out earlier, most Rs come from gerrymandered districts and therefore, run unchallenged. They don't have to actually DO anything to keep on winning. They don't even have to show up.

Most Democrats do not come from gerrymandered districts?

Perhaps on your planet, but not on Earth.

. You have any idea what's at stake here? Or did you faint at the sight of Obama and forget?

Everyone knows what's at stake. Why did the House wait until the last minute to work on this? They were just trying to act like they were in charge. I'm fed up with them, they need to get to work.

And, read the posts here - the rw's are fine with this. They really don't mind that they have absolutely no representation. All they know about or care about is how much they hate the black guy. Even when the prez works FOR them, they hate him and love the Rs who are screwing them.

The only challenge they get is from the Primary so they try to out-partisan each other during the normal legislative interim between elections. Sad. Thats why Repubs appear to be using the scorched earth approach to everything.

Remember the Repub who lost the Primary in Ariz because of some vote he made & then the Repub winner ended up losing to a Dem in the General :razz: :eusa_clap:

Last edited:

What does his "family" have to do with it? Did they really tell you that?

Sshh, only Shyster, the most corrupt USMB admin can talk about family.

Apparently Obama wasn't holding his mouth just right. Such babies. Come on 2014...

You know, in the thread that was started for the press conference or whatever it was Obama did I said after it was done something like " I wonder if this will fuck the deal." Well, seeing that Obama felt it necessary to go on live TV hours before the deal was done as he said it was close to being and bitch relentlessly about Republicans, one might ask themselves, is that what a "leader" does????

I can’t stand Republicans, but holy fuck Obama shot his party in the face on this one. If you think you fuckers are gonna swing everyone’s taxes going up as fully Republicans in the house fault you are politically inferior. People, and by people I mean liberals, hardly even know what the fuck the Senate or House is, they only know “President.” Obama now has to argue to re-instate the Bush-era tax cuts…. LOLOLOLOLOL!

cliff-jumping.jpeg

This "fiscal cliff" thing? Get used to it. We now operate in a continuous "crisis" of pending governmental collapse.

Cliff-Jumping Is The New Normal

From Lakhota's link:

The cliff we are set to jump on New Year's Eve is just the first of many that we will face.

It's how we roll now. It's not how the framers envisioned it; not how the old textbooks described it in the chapter on "How a Bill Becomes a Law"; not how Norm Ornstein and Tom Mann wish it would be.

On one level, GBC, or "Government By Crisis," is just -- well, different. In that sense, it is not a big deal, just more neurotic, dramatic and exhausting than the way we've conducted business in the past.

But in a deeper sense, it is a gathering disaster that is sapping our economic energy, undermining our leadership role in the world, and disproportionately putting the screws to -- you guessed it -- the poor, the working stiff and the average American taxpayer.

Money has always ruled Washington and always will. But that tends to be especially true when decisions are made in a hurry and behind closed doors in the name of paying the nation's creditors.

Take for example the decision to let the payroll tax cut expire, a big blow to the pocketbooks of most Americans. In all the hurly-burly of the fiscal cliff "crisis," that colossal decision got lost in the discussion. Deliberate discussion? Rounds of contentious hearings? None of that happened. No time. We were in a crisis.

That's where we are now. And where we will be for the foreseeable future.

Even when we get past this fiscal cliff, others are close at hand. We will soon have to deal with the spending side of the cliff equation, and a "debt limit crisis" is set for the spring.

"Government" has a solid, unchangeable sound to American ears. But we are headed in the direction of Italy, where the idea of government is so operatic and laughably crisis-filled that more than 40 "governments" have fallen since the end of World War II.

Forum List

Back