GOP: The Party of Death

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

Republicans are really going on record as being objectively pro-death – and frankly, the message is even more blatantly pro-death than even Rep. Alan Grayson (courageously) made it out to be.

Think about it: On health care, Republicans are arguing that Democrats are “rushing” legislation through Congress – legislation that would bring down the astronomical number of deaths that occur thanks to our broken health care system. At the same time, they are attacking President Obama for not more quickly escalating the Afghanistan War – an escalation that would likely result in a large number of American and Afghan deaths.

Clearly, it’s mathematically absurd to insist that Democrats are moving too fast on a universal health care initiative that’s been debated for 50 years*, but too slow on a 2-month-old plan for an Afghanistan escalation. But that discrepancy is not nearly as important a point as Republicans’ very clear message: They want to block the effort to stop 45,000 Americans from dying every year for lack of health care, and move forward a plan that would potentially result in 40,000 more American soldiers dying in Afghanistan.

And so, I’ll just say it again: The Republican Party has turned into the Party of Death – a party that is, in sum, advocating a twin health care and war agenda that would almost certainly result in more American deaths. Indeed, if, as the GOP wants, health care does not pass, and the Afghanistan War is escalated, the number of American deaths will almost certainly rise in the short term, and probably continue rising in the long term.That’s not an interpretation of speculation – and I defy anyone to try to make an argument to the contrary.

David Sirota: The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

November 25, 2009

David Sirota

Republicans are really going on record as being objectively pro-death – and frankly, the message is even more blatantly pro-death than even Rep. Alan Grayson (courageously) made it out to be.

Think about it: On health care, Republicans are arguing that Democrats are “rushing” legislation through Congress – legislation that would bring down the astronomical number of deaths that occur thanks to our broken health care system. At the same time, they are attacking President Obama for not more quickly escalating the Afghanistan War – an escalation that would likely result in a large number of American and Afghan deaths.

Clearly, it’s mathematically absurd to insist that Democrats are moving too fast on a universal health care initiative that’s been debated for 50 years*, but too slow on a 2-month-old plan for an Afghanistan escalation. But that discrepancy is not nearly as important a point as Republicans’ very clear message: They want to block the effort to stop 45,000 Americans from dying every year for lack of health care, and move forward a plan that would potentially result in 40,000 more American soldiers dying in Afghanistan.

And so, I’ll just say it again: The Republican Party has turned into the Party of Death – a party that is, in sum, advocating a twin health care and war agenda that would almost certainly result in more American deaths. Indeed, if, as the GOP wants, health care does not pass, and the Afghanistan War is escalated, the number of American deaths will almost certainly rise in the short term, and probably continue rising in the long term.That’s not an interpretation of speculation – and I defy anyone to try to make an argument to the contrary.

David Sirota: The Party of Death: GOP Says Stop Effort to Halt Health Care Deaths, But Escalate War

Have any Peer Reviewed Studies to back that up, Sparky?

Yep. Those Democrats. They're going to pass this legislation and begin saving all those lives come 2012!

:cuckoo:

Yep. Those Democrats. They're going to pass this legislation and begin saving all those lives come 2012!

Boooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! He Lies! He stole the Precious Florida election!
Yep.

Let Me see if I have the OP's position right here.

1. People are dying in the streets because health care is broken.

e. This legislation will miraculously stop all these deaths.

a: 1e. The Democrats can pass anything they want. Republicans cannot stop it.

3.21E+04. Those who are dying now will just have to keep dying until 2012 when they can stop dying, thanks to the Democrats.

x2. Republicans are the reason these deaths are occurring.

That about sum it up?

And you're a brain dead hack idiot, Jethro.

jethro.gif

When I posted an article on 9/18 about the Harvard Medical School Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance you right wingers said they deserve to die...

You right wingers are unconscionable...
Some long stretches of logic there.

So, your conclusion is that Government should take over health care and we will prevent the next 45,000 deaths.

Is that your assertion?

From your own article:

The Harvard study, funded by a federal research grant, was published in the online edition of the American Journal of Public Health. It was released by Physicians for a National Health Program, which favors government-backed or "single-payer" health insurance.

Sounds like Big oil funding research on energy policy.

But then again. I'll ask.

If this is going to save 45k lives per year, why do you blame the GOP?

They cannot stop anything.

With Obama and many democrats attempting to get abortions funded, it is a wash at best.
Hey. Seems fair to them.

45,000 people for [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1.37 Million innocent babies per year ( Abortion Statistics )[/FONT].

When I posted an article on 9/18 about the Harvard Medical School Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance you right wingers said they deserve to die...

You right wingers are unconscionable...
Some long stretches of logic there.

So, your conclusion is that Government should take over health care and we will prevent the next 45,000 deaths.

Is that your assertion?

From your own article:

The Harvard study, funded by a federal research grant, was published in the online edition of the American Journal of Public Health. It was released by Physicians for a National Health Program, which favors government-backed or "single-payer" health insurance.

Sounds like Big oil funding research on energy policy.

So, a right winger admits that big oil funds the skeptics and deniers...progress!

New Topics

Forum List

Back