GOP Mike Lee says intel hearing is worst he has heard in 9 years as a senator

i get it, you are hellbound to label me as a far left hack and I’m giving you the win. I’m a far left hack. I never was a moderate, I was just lying cause that’s what us leftists do we lie. But now I want to carry on as a far left hack and debate issues and substance and not worry about whether I’m a hack or not. You’re a proud far right hack and I’m an evil lefty. So let’s now move forward, you as Skywalker and me as Vader With no illusions about who we are. How’s that sound to you? Now we never have to debate this again. Agreed?!

If you want a far left safe space, that is on you!

Your best bet is to go to the safe zone on this board!

Yes you are far left hack! And I understand you see anything not far left as far right!

And you have yet to answer any questions I poised to you, you also have not produced anything as "far right" on this thread!

You are just running the normal far left hack narratives!

So why post something that is normal for the GOP? Why not allow others to bring up facts like the far left was silent during the illegal wars of Obama?

This is the best place for you from this point forward!

Clean Debate Zone

There you can set all the narrow minded parameters you want for your "discussions"..
I don’t need a safe space, I’m just looking to discuss issues and not degrade every thread into an argument about how much of a far left hack I am. So what needs to be done right now to put a nail in this?

Here is your first comment on this therad:

"Wow, GOP senator Mike Lee is pissed over lack of transparency in classified intel briefing about the Soleimani situation. WTF is going on here?!"

You were pushing the far left cult narrative!

I have tried to help you create your safe space and a place where you can set your very narrow minded parameters for your "discussion"..

But it is up to you, just you will need to change your expectations if you plan to continue pushing the far left narratives on other areas of this board!

So you ever going to answer my questions?

Yes you far left hack!

But I gave you a link to the safe space for you!

The GOP is known for questioning their own, which is very different than the far left!
yes I get it, far left bad, GOP good. I’m far left. Now what questions are you talking about. If they are legit questions about the topic in the OP then yes I’d love to answer them. If they are more left vs right crap the. You can save it. I’m not interested in talking about that crap in case you haven’t noticed
None of you questioned Obama and Hillary's destruction of middle east nations. But they did it without war. The creation of millions and millions of refugees and the turmoil that followed for the middle east and western Europe. And of course Obamacare.
Ok, sounds like some bad stuff... so what’s your point?

You know, it's possible that some large portion of Irans Obama $150,000,000,000 Lottery Jackpot is funding the democrats. Likely that Obama got some of it in a Bitcoin account too.

That would explain why democrats are actively supporting people who kill Americans.

You are not a moderate, you never were! So how can you renounce it?

I suggest that since you have such small and narrow parameters that you use the clean debate zone.

Maybe you can achieve your desired results there!

But since you are unwilling to let others bring up the fact that the far left was silent on the illegal wars of Obama!

The far left is about pushing narratives, discussion is not possible with the far left as they never learn and they will never admit to be wrong!

AS these same old "discussion" will appear and even after the far left has been proven wrong, the same old narratives will be run!

This whole thread was pointless as it had nothing to do with anything other than the far left pushing a narrative that you followed!

This changed noting and Lee did not turn on Trump and impeach him!

So until you can accept the fact the far left was silent on many things under Obama, you will not ever have the "discussions" you wish.

You just showed the fact that the GOP will question their own and the far left (yes this means you) will remain silent on their own.
i get it, you are hellbound to label me as a far left hack and I’m giving you the win. I’m a far left hack. I never was a moderate, I was just lying cause that’s what us leftists do we lie. But now I want to carry on as a far left hack and debate issues and substance and not worry about whether I’m a hack or not. You’re a proud far right hack and I’m an evil lefty. So let’s now move forward, you as Skywalker and me as Vader With no illusions about who we are. How’s that sound to you? Now we never have to debate this again. Agreed?!

If you want a far left safe space, that is on you!

Your best bet is to go to the safe zone on this board!

Yes you are far left hack! And I understand you see anything not far left as far right!

And you have yet to answer any questions I poised to you, you also have not produced anything as "far right" on this thread!

You are just running the normal far left hack narratives!

So why post something that is normal for the GOP? Why not allow others to bring up facts like the far left was silent during the illegal wars of Obama?

This is the best place for you from this point forward!

Clean Debate Zone

There you can set all the narrow minded parameters you want for your "discussions"..
I don’t need a safe space, I’m just looking to discuss issues and not degrade every thread into an argument about how much of a far left hack I am. So what needs to be done right now to put a nail in this?

Here is your first comment on this therad:

"Wow, GOP senator Mike Lee is pissed over lack of transparency in classified intel briefing about the Soleimani situation. WTF is going on here?!"

You were pushing the far left cult narrative!

I have tried to help you create your safe space and a place where you can set your very narrow minded parameters for your "discussion"..

But it is up to you, just you will need to change your expectations if you plan to continue pushing the far left narratives on other areas of this board!

So you ever going to answer my questions?

Yes you far left hack!

But I gave you a link to the safe space for you!

The GOP is known for questioning their own, which is very different than the far left!
yes I get it, far left bad, GOP good. I’m far left. Now what questions are you talking about. If they are legit questions about the topic in the OP then yes I’d love to answer them. If they are more left vs right crap the. You can save it. I’m not interested in talking about that crap in case you haven’t noticed

Yes for you GOOP bad, far left good! But that is the far left way!

I see you refuse to go to the safe space on this board!

Yet you posted your hyper partisan comments in your very first post on this thread.

If you really did not want a right vs left thing, you would not be on this board at all!

Like I said the GOP often criticizes each other, the far left does not. Also the far left press will amplify it and you will follow suit!

In his own words he was pissed that the briefers were calling for less debate and grandstanding in the senate
You’re right. Mike Lee is all about grandstanding and decided to go publicly complain that the DOD was against grandstanding. Your comprehension skills are very impressive
The senate is filled with grandstanding blowhards
True, so what? Do you think Mike Lee is making this up and lying because he wants to grandstand?
No

I think any camera chasing senator would object to being told to shut up
Ok, you obviously don’t care about transparency and accountability. Wonderful
I cant make the senators practice restraint

if they want to showboat they can

Wow, GOP senator Mike Lee is pissed over lack of transparency in classified intel briefing about the Soleimani situation. WTF is going on here?!

Senator Mike Lee Calls Iran Briefing "the Worst" He | C-SPAN.org
Utah Republican Senator Mike Lee calls the briefing on the drone strike that killed Iranian General Qasem Soleimani "the worst briefing" he's seen on a military issue during his nine years in the Senate. He also says it's "insulting" for administration officials to tell senators that they cannot debate War Powers legislation because it would embolden Iran. Senator Lee says he will now support a resolution proposed by Virginia Democratic Senator Tim Kaine. "It is not acceptable for officials within the executive branch of government…to come in and tell us that we can't debate and discuss the appropriateness of military intervention against Iran. It's un-American. It's unconstitutional and it's wrong," Senator Lee says.
Lee had his feathers ruffled and his ego was hurt

senators are the biggest blowhards in washington

Lee is a #nevertrumper.
On this issue only half nevertrump

lee said he supports trumps action in iraq but he didnt like the breifing he got

He's been a nevertrumper from the beginning, his agreement notwithstanding.
I think lee was a nevertrumper at first but I dont consider him a indless kneejerk opponent of trump now

Lee made it clear he supports trump but want to preserve his ability to sound off on specific isdues

Wow, GOP senator Mike Lee is pissed over lack of transparency in classified intel briefing about the Soleimani situation. WTF is going on here?!

Utah Republican Senator Mike Lee calls the briefing on the drone strike that killed Iranian General Qasem Soleimani "the worst briefing" he's seen on a military issue during his nine years in the Senate. He also says it's "insulting" for administration officials to tell senators that they cannot debate War Powers legislation because it would embolden Iran. Senator Lee says he will now support a resolution proposed by Virginia Democratic Senator Tim Kaine. "It is not acceptable for officials within the executive branch of government…to come in and tell us that we can't debate and discuss the appropriateness of military intervention against Iran. It's un-American. It's unconstitutional and it's wrong," Senator Lee says.

Lee is a #nevertrumper.
On this issue only half nevertrump

lee said he supports trumps action in iraq but he didnt like the breifing he got

He's been a nevertrumper from the beginning, his agreement notwithstanding.
I think lee was a nevertrumper at first but I dont consider him a indless kneejerk opponent of trump now

Lee made it clear he supports trump but want to preserve his ability to sound off on specific isdues

Did anyone ever stop to consider Lee is pissed because they didn't kowtow to his wishes? He only got the UNCLAS version because he is one of the Congress critters that cannot be trusted to keep his pie-hole shut, and yes, there are many on both sides of the aisle.

What was notable beyond Lee's observation the briefing was both inept and unconvincing, is the way he said the admin tried to stifle open debate (you know, a democratic process) over whether to authorize Generalissimo Trump to act without the consent of Congress. It provides another example of how Don's authoritarian impulses seek to restrain Congress from questioning his decisions...........their motivations, their merits, and their efficacy.

Don was accustomed to running his fraudulent businesses without any oversight. He wants to run the country the same way. Too fucking bad.

Trump is the biggest blowhard in Washington. He puts out more hot air than the House and Senate combined.
every president has a big megaphone

trump probably gets more attention than bush did because trumps personality is impossible to ignore

obama on the other hand was a wimp by comparison

but so beloved by the lib media that they tooted his horn for him

What was notable beyond Lee's observation the briefing was both inept and unconvincing, is the way he said the admin tried to stifle open debate (you know, a democratic process) over whether to authorize Generalissimo Trump to act without the consent of Congress. It provides another example of how Don's authoritarian impulses seek to restrain Congress from questioning his decisions...........their motivations, their merits, and their efficacy.

Don was accustomed to running his fraudulent businesses without any oversight. He wants to run the country the same way. Too fucking bad.

Congress has no oversight in this. They already authorized such actions in law. Now, they need to suck it up and get over their delusions of grandeur.

Rand needs to quit sucking up to Trump, too. I get that he isn't running again but that's beside the point.

Mike's correct, of course.

He's not, of course.

The Founders disagree with you. Ever hear of a thing called the Constitution? Article 1 section 8 is a great place to start familliarizing yourself with it.

You'd have a case if you held Obambi to the same standard. You didn't so that ship has sailed.
but wasn't you against Obama going into Libya??

Why did you allow him to do it??

Rand needs to quit sucking up to Trump, too. I get that he isn't running again but that's beside the point. There's no loyalty with these batshit crazy, anti-constitution neocons. There's nothing to be had by placating them.

He's not, of course.

The Founders disagree with you. Ever hear of a thing called the Constitution? Article 1 section 8 is a great place to start familliarizing yourself with it.

If you haven't notice these alt right wingers make up the constitution as they go along to fit their needs.

Rand needs to quit sucking up to Trump, too. I get that he isn't running again but that's beside the point. There's no loyalty with these batshit crazy, anti-constitution neocons. There's nothing to be had by placating them.

He's not, of course.

If you haven't notice these alt right wingers make up the constitution as they go along to fit their needs.
They're more or less like part time Catholics who pick and choose what tenets of the faith they will obey to suit the kind of lifestyle they want to live.

The next time Big Fat Donnie asks for retaliatory options against an enemy don't include the batshyte crazy ones. Cuz clearly you can no longer assume the Orange Buffoon won't chose one. Especially with nitwits like Pompeo and Pence egging the Golfer-in-Chief on in assassinating Soleimani without a damn clue about what would happen next.

We were an errant, or more effective, ballistic missile away a dangerous, further escalation after Iran bombed those bases. Had American soldiers been killed there would be no talk of a fragile stand down.

BTW, reporting following the congressional briefing to explain the rationale for the assassination indicates what many expected is true. There was no credible rationale. Importantly, even if there was, unless Soleimani was going to carry out the "imminent threat" himself killing him in no way does anything to diminish the threat. He was replaced within hours of his death.

What did we get out of it? A united Iran, Shia militias in Iraq united, rising demands that US troops leave Iraq (a win for Iran), and an Iran more determined to ramp up their efforts to develop nuclear bomb technology.

Since it's being reported that Iran sent repeated messages to the US through Swiss diplomatic channels that the rocket attack was the extent of their attack and they were backing down from anymore attacks...it would appear that the mullahs in Iran grasp the fact that an escalation isn't in their best interests. In other words it was nothing more than a face saving exercise for the leadership in Iran. Why? Because they know only too well that for the opposition in Iran the killing of Qasem Soleimani was a cause for celebration not something that "united" the country! They understand that the populace is growing tired of living under the economic deprivations caused by sanctions and that their further attempts to attain a nuclear weapon or support terror against that west is supported less and less by the people of Iran.

Trump didn't give the briefing. This was a Pentagon briefing of on going operations. No wonder it was deficient. Even the Pentagon knows that any information will be immediately given to Iran or any other enemy.

The President gets to choose what top secret material is shared and can agree to only share certain stuff with specific designated people in the Senate and the House.
isn't the president commander and chief? when did that change? When did the Commander in Chief need to have the Speaker of the House ok a strike? which article is that one? WTF is happening to our fking country. hly fk, the hate of orangemanbad has made people dishonestly stupid.

He's not, of course.

How about a few examples there sweetheart? As far as I know the Constitution says exactly what the USSC says it says.

Why did Iran launch rockets, what, a couple weeks ago
where that American contractor was killed and several injured?

Why did they attack the embassy?

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE TO ME
isn't that an act of war? why are these dishonest pukes not mentioning this particular incident? Didn't that general have to ok it? someone explain what it is I'm missing?

Congress has no oversight in this. They already authorized such actions in law. Now, they need to suck it up and get over their delusions of grandeur.
Your post is factually inaccurate.
The Soleimani Strike and War Powers - Just Security

Forum List

Back