GOP Mike Lee says intel hearing is worst he has heard in 9 years as a senator

Mike Lee:

I had hoped and expected to see more information outlining the moral and legal justification. The briefing lasted only 75 minutes whereupon our briefers left. This is not the biggest problem I had with the briefing, which I might add is the worst briefing I've seen, at least on a military issue, in the nine years I've served on the United States Senate. What I found so distressing about the briefing is one of the messages we received from the briefers was "do not discuss, do not debate the issue of appropriateness of further military intervention against Iran and if so, you'll be emboldening Iran." The idea we would be less safe by having a debate or discussion about the appropriateness of further military involvement.
Fox News cut away from it as soon as they could so as not to alienate Dear Leader.
600 Americans dead. That’s funny huh? You’re disgraceful . Way to go traitor

why does it need to start over again? Can’t you just accept that I’m a far left hypocrite that’s only going to criticize trump and not the Dems? Then debate me on the points I bring up instead of your
accused intent behind my accusations ? I’m tired of you always running from the substance to focus on the point of me being a lefty hypocrite. So let’s all just accept your characterization of me and then we dont have to debate it anymore. Cool? We in agreement?

You have to accept first instead of pretending you are some sort of moderate!

Admit you are far left partisan hack!

So some in the GOP criticize Trump? This has never been done before? Even many on the right on this board have criticized Trump.

Because your posts are partisan in nature and about pushing an agenda instead of discussion.

If was a true discussion you would actually learn something and not post based on far left religious dogma!

Nothing to debate as you do not understand that you will have concede that you will always be wrong!

So before today no one in the GOP ever criticized Trump?

How can you have a discussion or debate if you do not know what was in the information?

And why is this relevant when the far left never did this to Obama and his illegal wars?
Ok if I admit that I’m a far left partisan hack can we not divert future conversations to talk about that point again? Or is that your only move?

Once you stop pushing the far left agenda then a discussion can take place.

However it would require to learn and understand the subject matter, than just rejecting things you do not like!

Then also you will need to learn to concede when you are wrong!

As you see you have already ignore my other points and more worried about being outed as far left hack, which you are!

Can you show that the GOP has never done this to Trump before?

Can you show that it is relevant to anything other than pushing a hyper partisan stance?

Can you show how the far left does this to their own?

All those are part of the discussion, even if you think they are not!

Even the fact that the far left ignored the illegal wars of Obama!

It is relevant to such as discussion as this!

Only a far left hack would just dismiss them automatically!
would you make the same commitment to abandon the far right agenda?

I never claimed to be a moderate like you! SO your question is irreverent and a distraction to the truth!

(See if you can do it anyone can do it)

And there it is the hyper partisan agenda running! Yes I know anything not far left is far right to you cult members!

So you going to answer my questions?

You going to allow such evidence in your threads?

Are you ever going to concede that you were wrong?

Will you ever point out where the GOP is only now speaking out against Trump?

Will you finally admit that the far left was silent during the illegal wars of Obama?

Will you finally admit that that you could care less about discussions and will push the far left agenda?
Right but I’m ready to renounce my moderation in order to avoid these horribly obnoxious and pointless conversations. So if I renounce myself as a moderate and admit to being a far left hack are we good? Can we carry on without the theatrics and distractions?

You have to accept first instead of pretending you are some sort of moderate!

Admit you are far left partisan hack!

So some in the GOP criticize Trump? This has never been done before? Even many on the right on this board have criticized Trump.

Because your posts are partisan in nature and about pushing an agenda instead of discussion.

If was a true discussion you would actually learn something and not post based on far left religious dogma!

Nothing to debate as you do not understand that you will have concede that you will always be wrong!

So before today no one in the GOP ever criticized Trump?

How can you have a discussion or debate if you do not know what was in the information?

And why is this relevant when the far left never did this to Obama and his illegal wars?
Ok if I admit that I’m a far left partisan hack can we not divert future conversations to talk about that point again? Or is that your only move?

However it would require to learn and understand the subject matter, than just rejecting things you do not like!

As you see you have already ignore my other points and more worried about being outed as far left hack, which you are!

Can you show that it is relevant to anything other than pushing a hyper partisan stance?

I never claimed to be a moderate like you! SO your question is irreverent and a distraction to the truth!

And there it is the hyper partisan agenda running! Yes I know anything not far left is far right to you cult members!

Will you finally admit that the far left was silent during the illegal wars of Obama?

Will you finally admit that that you could care less about discussions and will push the far left agenda?
Right but I’m ready to renounce my moderation in order to avoid these horribly obnoxious and pointless conversations. So if I renounce myself as a moderate and admit to being a far left hack are we good? Can we carry on without the theatrics and distractions?

You are not a moderate, you never were! So how can you renounce it?

I suggest that since you have such small and narrow parameters that you use the clean debate zone.

Maybe you can achieve your desired results there!

But since you are unwilling to let others bring up the fact that the far left was silent on the illegal wars of Obama!

The far left is about pushing narratives, discussion is not possible with the far left as they never learn and they will never admit to be wrong!

AS these same old "discussion" will appear and even after the far left has been proven wrong, the same old narratives will be run!

This whole thread was pointless as it had nothing to do with anything other than the far left pushing a narrative that you followed!

This changed noting and Lee did not turn on Trump and impeach him!

So until you can accept the fact the far left was silent on many things under Obama, you will not ever have the "discussions" you wish.

You just showed the fact that the GOP will question their own and the far left (yes this means you) will remain silent on their own.

lee wasn't the only republican who was not happy with that briefing. rand paul was very upset about it. lee said he's now voting for the war resolution.
Both men said that there was absolutely no evidence given of any imminent threat by the general or Iran. Which is what I thought. Since pompeo refused to show any evidence or talk about it, I pretty much could see that there was no imminent threat.
Not everything can be released, some of it may be information protected by Executive Privilege.

lee wasn't the only republican who was not happy with that briefing. rand paul was very upset about it. lee said he's now voting for the war resolution.
Both men said that there was absolutely no evidence given of any imminent threat by the general or Iran. Which is what I thought. Since pompeo refused to show any evidence or talk about it, I pretty much could see that there was no imminent threat.
Not everything can be released, some of it may be information protected by Executive Privilege.

or national security!

The next time Big Fat Donnie asks for retaliatory options against an enemy don't include the batshyte crazy ones. Cuz clearly you can no longer assume the Orange Buffoon won't chose one. Especially with nitwits like Pompeo and Pence egging the Golfer-in-Chief on in assassinating Soleimani without a damn clue about what would happen next.

We were an errant, or more effective, ballistic missile away a dangerous, further escalation after Iran bombed those bases. Had American soldiers been killed there would be no talk of a fragile stand down.

BTW, reporting following the congressional briefing to explain the rationale for the assassination indicates what many expected is true. There was no credible rationale. Importantly, even if there was, unless Soleimani was going to carry out the "imminent threat" himself killing him in no way does anything to diminish the threat. He was replaced within hours of his death.

What did we get out of it? A united Iran, Shia militias in Iraq united, rising demands that US troops leave Iraq (a win for Iran), and an Iran more determined to ramp up their efforts to develop nuclear bomb technology.
The leader of the largest terrorist organization in the world, responsible for the deaths of 600+ Americans and wounding of more and the one responsible for the murders of thousands of men, women, and children in the Middle East, was targeted and killed...and in response Iran lobbed a few rockets into Iraq that did nothing...

Democrats called Iran to apologize and express their solidarity with the world's leading exporter of terrorism...

Hollywood mourned the terrorist butcher...

Pelosi wants to take action to protect terrorists in the future by stripping the President of powers held by every President in the modern era, power to protect and defend this nation and citizens...

Pelosi did not do this even when Barry pimped out our military to Al Qaeda or invaded Syria..

...and snowflakes weep for Soleimani, cheer on Pelosi, and whine line little girls.

I suggest that since you have such small and narrow parameters that you use the clean debate zone.

But since you are unwilling to let others bring up the fact that the far left was silent on the illegal wars of Obama!

The far left is about pushing narratives, discussion is not possible with the far left as they never learn and they will never admit to be wrong!

AS these same old "discussion" will appear and even after the far left has been proven wrong, the same old narratives will be run!

This whole thread was pointless as it had nothing to do with anything other than the far left pushing a narrative that you followed!

So until you can accept the fact the far left was silent on many things under Obama, you will not ever have the "discussions" you wish.

You just showed the fact that the GOP will question their own and the far left (yes this means you) will remain silent on their own.
i get it, you are hellbound to label me as a far left hack and I’m giving you the win. I’m a far left hack. I never was a moderate, I was just lying cause that’s what us leftists do we lie. But now I want to carry on as a far left hack and debate issues and substance and not worry about whether I’m a hack or not. You’re a proud far right hack and I’m an evil lefty. So let’s now move forward, you as Skywalker and me as Vader With no illusions about who we are. How’s that sound to you? Now we never have to debate this again. Agreed?!

i get it, you are hellbound to label me as a far left hack and I’m giving you the win. I’m a far left hack. I never was a moderate, I was just lying cause that’s what us leftists do we lie. But now I want to carry on as a far left hack and debate issues and substance and not worry about whether I’m a hack or not. You’re a proud far right hack and I’m an evil lefty. So let’s now move forward, you as Skywalker and me as Vader With no illusions about who we are. How’s that sound to you? Now we never have to debate this again. Agreed?!

If you want a far left safe space, that is on you!

Your best bet is to go to the safe zone on this board!

Yes you are far left hack! And I understand you see anything not far left as far right!

And you have yet to answer any questions I poised to you, you also have not produced anything as "far right" on this thread!

You are just running the normal far left hack narratives!

So why post something that is normal for the GOP? Why not allow others to bring up facts like the far left was silent during the illegal wars of Obama?

This is the best place for you from this point forward!

Clean Debate Zone

There you can set all the narrow minded parameters you want for your "discussions"..

Yes you are far left hack! And I understand you see anything not far left as far right!

And you have yet to answer any questions I poised to you, you also have not produced anything as "far right" on this thread!

So why post something that is normal for the GOP? Why not allow others to bring up facts like the far left was silent during the illegal wars of Obama?

Clean Debate Zone

There you can set all the narrow minded parameters you want for your "discussions"..
I don’t need a safe space, I’m just looking to discuss issues and not degrade every thread into an argument about how much of a far left hack I am. So what needs to be done right now to put a nail in this?

Clean Debate Zone

I don’t need a safe space, I’m just looking to discuss issues and not degrade every thread into an argument about how much of a far left hack I am. So what needs to be done right now to put a nail in this?

Here is your first comment on this therad:

"Wow, GOP senator Mike Lee is pissed over lack of transparency in classified intel briefing about the Soleimani situation. WTF is going on here?!"

You were pushing the far left cult narrative!

I have tried to help you create your safe space and a place where you can set your very narrow minded parameters for your "discussion"..

But it is up to you, just you will need to change your expectations if you plan to continue pushing the far left narratives on other areas of this board!

So you ever going to answer my questions?

Yes you far left hack!

But I gave you a link to the safe space for you!

The GOP is known for questioning their own, which is very different than the far left!

Clean Debate Zone

"Wow, GOP senator Mike Lee is pissed over lack of transparency in classified intel briefing about the Soleimani situation. WTF is going on here?!"

I have tried to help you create your safe space and a place where you can set your very narrow minded parameters for your "discussion"..

But it is up to you, just you will need to change your expectations if you plan to continue pushing the far left narratives on other areas of this board!

Yes you far left hack!

The GOP is known for questioning their own, which is very different than the far left!
yes I get it, far left bad, GOP good. I’m far left. Now what questions are you talking about. If they are legit questions about the topic in the OP then yes I’d love to answer them. If they are more left vs right crap the. You can save it. I’m not interested in talking about that crap in case you haven’t noticed

Wow, GOP senator Mike Lee is pissed over lack of transparency in classified intel briefing about the Soleimani situation. WTF is going on here?!

Senator Mike Lee Calls Iran Briefing "the Worst" He | C-SPAN.org
Utah Republican Senator Mike Lee calls the briefing on the drone strike that killed Iranian General Qasem Soleimani "the worst briefing" he's seen on a military issue during his nine years in the Senate. He also says it's "insulting" for administration officials to tell senators that they cannot debate War Powers legislation because it would embolden Iran. Senator Lee says he will now support a resolution proposed by Virginia Democratic Senator Tim Kaine. "It is not acceptable for officials within the executive branch of government…to come in and tell us that we can't debate and discuss the appropriateness of military intervention against Iran. It's un-American. It's unconstitutional and it's wrong," Senator Lee says.
Lee had his feathers ruffled and his ego was hurt

senators are the biggest blowhards in washington

Trump is the biggest blowhard in Washington. He puts out more hot air than the House and Senate combined.

The next time Big Fat Donnie asks for retaliatory options against an enemy don't include the batshyte crazy ones. Cuz clearly you can no longer assume the Orange Buffoon won't chose one. Especially with nitwits like Pompeo and Pence egging the Golfer-in-Chief on in assassinating Soleimani without a damn clue about what would happen next.

We were an errant, or more effective, ballistic missile away a dangerous, further escalation after Iran bombed those bases. Had American soldiers been killed there would be no talk of a fragile stand down.

BTW, reporting following the congressional briefing to explain the rationale for the assassination indicates what many expected is true. There was no credible rationale. Importantly, even if there was, unless Soleimani was going to carry out the "imminent threat" himself killing him in no way does anything to diminish the threat. He was replaced within hours of his death.

What did we get out of it? A united Iran, Shia militias in Iraq united, rising demands that US troops leave Iraq (a win for Iran), and an Iran more determined to ramp up their efforts to develop nuclear bomb technology.

lee wasn't the only republican who was not happy with that briefing.

rand paul was very upset about it.

lee said he's now voting for the war resolution.

All that damage trump has inflicted on our nation can't be reversed easily.

What "war resolution"?

Mike Lee:

I had hoped and expected to see more information outlining the moral and legal justification. The briefing lasted only 75 minutes whereupon our briefers left. This is not the biggest problem I had with the briefing, which I might add is the worst briefing I've seen, at least on a military issue, in the nine years I've served on the United States Senate. What I found so distressing about the briefing is one of the messages we received from the briefers was "do not discuss, do not debate the issue of appropriateness of further military intervention against Iran and if so, you'll be emboldening Iran." The idea we would be less safe by having a debate or discussion about the appropriateness of further military involvement.
Fox News cut away from it as soon as they could so as not to alienate Dear Leader.
600 Americans dead. That’s funny huh? You’re disgraceful . Way to go traitor

You are the disgraceful traitor. Telling the truth about Trump hurts. It is clear that this was Trump's kick-off of his re-election campaign. That is traitorous.

The leader of the largest terrorist organization in the world, responsible for the deaths of 600+ Americans and wounding of more and the one responsible for the murders of thousands of men, women, and children in the Middle East, was targeted and killed...and in response Iran lobbed a few rockets into Iraq that did nothing...

Democrats called Iran to apologize and express their solidarity with the world's leading exporter of terrorism...

Hollywood mourned the terrorist butcher...

Pelosi wants to take action to protect terrorists in the future by stripping the President of powers held by every President in the modern era, power to protect and defend this nation and citizens...

Pelosi did not do this even when Barry pimped out our military to Al Qaeda or invaded Syria..

...and snowflakes weep for Soleimani, cheer on Pelosi, and whine line little girls.

Trump says the action was to prevent a imminent attack. There is no evidence of this. The fact is that there is no justification for this. The 2001 authorization does not cover this. George W Bush went to Congress and worked with Congress on a agreement. Trump thinks he can do anything he wants. Demanding the information than led to this decision is not whining. It is called a republic which is what the US is.

Clean Debate Zone

Yes you far left hack!

yes I get it, far left bad, GOP good. I’m far left. Now what questions are you talking about. If they are legit questions about the topic in the OP then yes I’d love to answer them. If they are more left vs right crap the. You can save it. I’m not interested in talking about that crap in case you haven’t noticed
None of you questioned Obama and Hillary's destruction of middle east nations. But they did it without war. The creation of millions and millions of refugees and the turmoil that followed for the middle east and western Europe. And of course Obamacare.

Forum List

Back