GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit

Apparently she had been warned about reimbursement procedures in the past.

McKay said in the letter that the staff member "was aware that this activity was not eligible for reimbursement and had been previously counseled on this very subject."

"Accordingly, that staff person has been terminated," McKay wrote.

The RNC has tried to distance itself from the club visit.

McKay said "a group of individuals" attended the club after a "Young Eagles" donor event in Los Angeles, but that "this was not an RNC sanctioned event and was not associated in any way with any RNC official event."

FOXNews.com - RNC Staffer Fired Over 'Bondage Club' Tab Had Been Warned Ahead of Time

Apparently she had been warned about reimbursement procedures in the past.

McKay said in the letter that the staff member "was aware that this activity was not eligible for reimbursement and had been previously counseled on this very subject."

"Accordingly, that staff person has been terminated," McKay wrote.

The RNC has tried to distance itself from the club visit.

McKay said "a group of individuals" attended the club after a "Young Eagles" donor event in Los Angeles, but that "this was not an RNC sanctioned event and was not associated in any way with any RNC official event."

FOXNews.com - RNC Staffer Fired Over 'Bondage Club' Tab Had Been Warned Ahead of Time

OK then, sounds like a justifiable firing with this information

Diagnosis: Dr. Gregg is jealous and wants a lapdance for himself.

Jeeze. Lot of interest of what perks they give to donors.

Who cares. This wasn't taxpayer money so who care if they took a couple of young gun donors out for an evening of fun?? I sure don't.

Also. anyone who thinks the DNC doesn't do the same for their donors is just plain nuts. The only difference is the person doing up the expenses sheet was smart enough to put down "miscellaneous" instead of the" Voyuer club". LOL.

Why does the media report on this but not on things that are truly important to everyday Americans such as what another thread was discussing; why the student loan take over was included in the healthcare bill, but the doctor fix was not.

Why is it that no one cares about what the media cherry picks to report on.

I don't know, why do republican play up the holier than thou, moral highground campaigns and make that the focal point of their campaign all while these phonies are having affairs, having gay sex, going to strip clubs. Frankly I could give a shit if they do these things, its their life, but since they base their campaigns on it, and idiots still continue to eat it up and vote based on their phony crap

And you feel that the democratic party campaigns and identifiy themselves honestly?

The Dems never portrayed themselves as being holier than thou. Republicans have done that for years now and catered to the religious right. They portrayed themselves as something they were not. Look at the record.

I don't know, why do republican play up the holier than thou, moral highground campaigns and make that the focal point of their campaign all while these phonies are having affairs, having gay sex, going to strip clubs. Frankly I could give a shit if they do these things, its their life, but since they base their campaigns on it, and idiots still continue to eat it up and vote based on their phony crap

And you feel that the democratic party campaigns and identifiy themselves honestly?

The Dems never portrayed themselves as being holier than thou. Republicans have done that for years now and catered to the religious right. They portrayed themselves as something they were not. Look at the record.

That was not my question.

I asked:

I asked:

It was not my intention to answer your question. It was stupid.

I asked:

It was not my intention to answer your question. It was stupid.

Thanks for your assessment.

Interesting that you find a valid question that can easily be answered yes or no as stupid.

You are exactly what is wrong with America today. If you see someones question as not to your liking, call it stupid.

Certainly gives our youth reasons to ask questions.

You should be ashamed of yourself. But you proabably are not. You are the all knowing seer.

Go for it.

Steele should be fired, but God I hope not. He is gold for us.

Why should you care one way or the other?

I see you are another one that the parties have inducted into their little head game.

Takes strength and character to not get caught up in party politics and partisanship.

My 3 year old has some extra. Would you like some?

kinda hard to fire donors, asshole.

and it was a she...let me know if the source is too right wing for you

Allison Meyers FIRED: RNC Young Eagles Program Director Terminated Over Night Club Expenses

I just find it hard to believe that a woman, on her own initiative, would book a strip club. It's not impossible, but not something I would expect. The invoice said it was for meals, but that particular club, from what I've found, does not serve meals.

Alcohol falls under the category of "meals" from an accounting standpoint.
But I agree. There may be misppropriation of all monies spent that evening if some was used for entertainment, but labelled as meals.
Regardless, travel, entertainment and meals all fall under the same final category.

Thanks for the info! I guess things have changed a bit since I worked in the hospitality industry.

I think they ID themselves more honestly than the GOP. The GOP ID's themselves as the 'morally superior' party. They are officially anti-homosexual, even the ones who ARE homosexual. They ID themselves as the family values party and then something like this.

The democrats, on the other hand, are on the record as being 'out there' morally. That's why the flack isn't nearly as severe for democratic politicians who commit transgressions than it is for republicans.

so, homosexuality aside, is it better to espouse morals and fall short or is it better to admit you have no morals?

:confused:

I think it's better to not try and impose morals that you know you're not living up to onto others.

I just find it hard to believe that a woman, on her own initiative, would book a strip club. It's not impossible, but not something I would expect. The invoice said it was for meals, but that particular club, from what I've found, does not serve meals.

Alcohol falls under the category of "meals" from an accounting standpoint.
But I agree. There may be misppropriation of all monies spent that evening if some was used for entertainment, but labelled as meals.
Regardless, travel, entertainment and meals all fall under the same final category.

Thanks for the info! I guess things have changed a bit since I worked in the hospitality industry.

After a few days on this board, I can not tell who is being sarcastic or not.

Am I wrong? I pretty much said what I was told by my accountant; but he is the one who completes my returns for me.

AM I wrong?

I think they ID themselves more honestly than the GOP. The GOP ID's themselves as the 'morally superior' party. They are officially anti-homosexual, even the ones who ARE homosexual. They ID themselves as the family values party and then something like this.

The democrats, on the other hand, are on the record as being 'out there' morally. That's why the flack isn't nearly as severe for democratic politicians who commit transgressions than it is for republicans.

so, homosexuality aside, is it better to espouse morals and fall short or is it better to admit you have no morals?

I think it's better to not try and impose morals that you know you're not living up to onto others.

Such is true for the few that act immorally of the hundreds that are GOP reps.
But does that mean that the vast majority that do act morally should cast away that platform?

kinda hard to fire donors, asshole.

and it was a she...let me know if the source is too right wing for you

Allison Meyers FIRED: RNC Young Eagles Program Director Terminated Over Night Club Expenses

why? Not everybody fits into a little box. I had a female coworker who suggested the lab go to a strip club before.

As I said, it's not impossible. But considering this woman isn't a 20-something, I just wouldn't take her as the 'strip club' type. And according to del, she may not be since the donor/vendor made the arrangements and all it appears she did was approve payment of an invoice that, from all the info I have, she'd have NEVER known was actually a strip club unless she had been there herself.

well said. :thup:

New Topics

Forum List

Back