GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit

and that has what to do with my post? Fuck off del, your such a loser

It has everything to do with your post.

You asked "what about the people that attended".

Well, as Del told you, the people that attended were potential donors. Not employees of the GOP.

And those morally superior GOP, as they like to claim,will have no problem taking the money from these morally repugnant donors (that's not what I think). It's just posturing, when will people stop buying into the "conservative values' crap these guys spew all the time. Doesn't change the fact this person was scapegoated.

The GOP is by no means morally superior. Only a fool believes they are. Both parties are all about defining themselves opposite of each other, and both parties will define themselves in a way to try to gain political advantage. ANd both parties hop[e the people are too naive to see it.

Do you criticize the democratic party as you criticize the GOP?

Why do you care?

Why do you not care about the student loan takeover in the healthcare bill, but you care about this?

I noticed you did not comment in the student loan thread but you did in this thread.

Do you prefer a divided country? Do you not care about legislation that may or may not be in your best interest?

Or are you just partisan, and you look to capitalize on whatever you can to ensure a one party system.

Do you not care for the two party system?

OK ...here is your comment since my opinion is in such demand.

As a parent of College aged kids, I think it is long overdue. Allowing banks to repackage a Government loan and add a couple % as a "handling fee" is stealing from College Students. This allows students to deal directly with the Government and save money. Tough luck for the banks

I congratulate President Obama for standing up for the rights of students in this country.

I think that is an excellent response based on your personal experience. Those that wish to learn can gain from it.

Response like that are what we need. Not some rant about how morally inept the parties are.

Thanks Rightwinger.

WASHINGTON – The Republican National Committee has fired a staffer who helped organize a $1,946 visit last month to a sex-themed Hollywood club, and the GOP says it will recoup the money from a donor who also participated.

The episode is the latest in a string of questionable spending by the RNC as Republicans prepare for a costly election season in which they hope to take dozens of House and Senate seats from Democrats.

GOP fires staffer over $1,946 topless club visit - Yahoo! News

Hmmmm......sounds like a scapegoat to me.

Yup, just cause he helped organize it. What about all the people that attended. Asshole politicians

kinda hard to fire donors, asshole.

and it was a she...let me know if the source is too right wing for you

Allison Meyers FIRED: RNC Young Eagles Program Director Terminated Over Night Club Expenses

I just find it hard to believe that a woman, on her own initiative, would book a strip club. It's not impossible, but not something I would expect. The invoice said it was for meals, but that particular club, from what I've found, does not serve meals.

Yup, just cause he helped organize it. What about all the people that attended. Asshole politicians

Allison Meyers FIRED: RNC Young Eagles Program Director Terminated Over Night Club Expenses

I just find it hard to believe that a woman, on her own initiative, would book a strip club. It's not impossible, but not something I would expect. The invoice said it was for meals, but that particular club, from what I've found, does not serve meals.

Alcohol falls under the category of "meals" from an accounting standpoint.
But I agree. There may be misppropriation of all monies spent that evening if some was used for entertainment, but labelled as meals.
Regardless, travel, entertainment and meals all fall under the same final category.

one of the donors booked it and paid for it, and then this woman approved the reimbursement from RNC funds.

i can't think of any organization that wouldn't fire an employee for something like this.

Why does the media report on this but not on things that are truly important to everyday Americans such as what another thread was discussing; why the student loan take over was included in the healthcare bill, but the doctor fix was not.

Why is it that no one cares about what the media cherry picks to report on.

I don't know, why do republican play up the holier than thou, moral highground campaigns and make that the focal point of their campaign all while these phonies are having affairs, having gay sex, going to strip clubs. Frankly I could give a shit if they do these things, its their life, but since they base their campaigns on it, and idiots still continue to eat it up and vote based on their phony crap

And you feel that the democratic party campaigns and identifiy themselves honestly?

I think they ID themselves more honestly than the GOP. The GOP ID's themselves as the 'morally superior' party. They are officially anti-homosexual, even the ones who ARE homosexual. They ID themselves as the family values party and then something like this.

The democrats, on the other hand, are on the record as being 'out there' morally. That's why the flack isn't nearly as severe for democratic politicians who commit transgressions than it is for republicans.

I don't know, why do republican play up the holier than thou, moral highground campaigns and make that the focal point of their campaign all while these phonies are having affairs, having gay sex, going to strip clubs. Frankly I could give a shit if they do these things, its their life, but since they base their campaigns on it, and idiots still continue to eat it up and vote based on their phony crap

And you feel that the democratic party campaigns and identifiy themselves honestly?

I think they ID themselves more honestly than the GOP. The GOP ID's themselves as the 'morally superior' party. They are officially anti-homosexual, even the ones who ARE homosexual. They ID themselves as the family values party and then something like this.

The democrats, on the other hand, are on the record as being 'out there' morally. That's why the flack isn't nearly as severe for democratic politicians who commit transgressions than it is for republicans.

so, homosexuality aside, is it better to espouse morals and fall short or is it better to admit you have no morals?

:confused:

one of the donors booked it and paid for it, and then this woman approved the reimbursement from RNC funds.

i can't think of any organization that wouldn't fire an employee for something like this.

So, she was fired for approving an invoice for meals from a longstanding vendor. That sounds even more fishy.

so, homosexuality aside, is it better to espouse morals and fall short or is it better to admit you have no morals?

:confused:

That was sort of what I wanted to ask.

So, she was fired for approving an invoice for meals from a longstanding vendor. That sounds even more fishy.

o-tay. enjoy yourself.

It has everything to do with your post.

You asked "what about the people that attended".

Well, as Del told you, the people that attended were potential donors. Not employees of the GOP.

And those morally superior GOP, as they like to claim,will have no problem taking the money from these morally repugnant donors (that's not what I think). It's just posturing, when will people stop buying into the "conservative values' crap these guys spew all the time. Doesn't change the fact this person was scapegoated.

The GOP is by no means morally superior. Only a fool believes they are. Both parties are all about defining themselves opposite of each other, and both parties will define themselves in a way to try to gain political advantage. ANd both parties hop[e the people are too naive to see it.

Do you criticize the democratic party as you criticize the GOP?

Fools that make up a huge voting portion of the GOP supporters believe that, why else would they constantly campaign on the family values bullshit? Why would moderate McCain sell out to play the family values crap. It obviously works

It's one thing to quietly and personally espouse morals and strive to better yourself...it's quite another to make it the centerpiece of a campaign that attacks others for failing to meet a standard that you yourself do not meet. There's a word for that...

Repugnant Donors?

You have no idea what these people did - and considering what is shown on TV these days, the show probably wasn't anymore explicit than many late night programs.

Ain't it funny how you lefties, who are supposed to embrace Diversity, can't tolerate it when practiced by others?

why? Not everybody fits into a little box. I had a female coworker who suggested the lab go to a strip club before.

It's one thing to quietly and personally espouse morals and strive to better yourself...it's quite another to make it the centerpiece of a campaign that attacks others for failing to meet a standard that you yourself do not meet. There's a word for that...

starts with an h, rhymes with *hip pockets me*?

starts with an h, rhymes with *hip pockets me*?

kumquat?

\

I do criticize dems that try to tiptoe around abortion or gay marriage to appease the ignorant masses of the morals police. I understand they would lose many votes cause some people just have a one track mind. I do agree with above about who appears more honest

Repugnant Donors?

You have no idea what these people did - and considering what is shown on TV these days, the show probably wasn't anymore explicit than many late night programs.

Ain't it funny how you lefties, who are supposed to embrace Diversity, can't tolerate it when practiced by others?

What's funny is your complete and utter lack of reading comprehension, but I've come to expect that. Much easier to make up what you want the other person to say instead of reading what they actually said. You know, you might have to use your brain that way. Did you not see the (that's not what I believe). But how many republicans play the "morally repugnant" crap and how many of their supporters do the same.

Forum List

Back