GOP Congressman says trump ruined his legacy on January 6th

"I think any entity that orients itself around a personality is going to have challenges," he said. He noted that Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, of the White House in 2020, and of the Senate in 2021 and said "the Republican Party was on a losing trajectory" even before January 6.

Meijer also argued that continuing to promote the lie that the election was stolen from Mr. Trump would only cause further damage.

"As long as those myths, those fictions, those lies persist, we're in for deep, deep problems as a party and as a country," he said, adding that telling Republican voters the 2020 election was rigged would also hurt them electorally. "To me it's so patently, obviously, idiotic political malpractice that I am just at a pure and utter loss at how anyone thinks this is viable longterm strategy to regain the majority or regain the trust of the public that the Republican Party can be a governing entity."

Of course his detractors will state he was a RINO all along...
jmo, the only real negative for the gop will be that there is now a litmus test: was the election stolen? The complaints that votes were stolen or fabricated are bs. The actual substance was that the dems were better able to use mail in voting in REPUBLICAN states. So every goper candidate will have to begin a campaign by telling a demonstrable lie. If not for that litmus test, imo the gop could slough off blame for an attempted coup on the Proud Boys and Antifa. But instead, every dem will have surrogates "and that's the lie and here's the damage it caused."

But I also think that after 2022, Republicans can just say "I'm not relitigating the 2020 election."

The republicans are thugs, no better than the insurrectionists at the capital and they know it, save a few are decent people. The rest are without principles or ethics.
Projection. Democrats are the thugs. They have turned the FBI, DOJ, and other agencies into their thugs. We see it more everyday.

Except those agencies are, and always have been been, conservative, rightwing organizations. They are also professionals and not trained to lie like Trump and everyone in his orbit is trained to lie.
Not anymore. They are clearly tools of the Democrat party now.

They weren't extremists. They were everyday Trump voters.

Now on to the Capitol. Who's with me?

View attachment 461983

The Grand Old Party of Trumpybear
That is fucking pathetic. Do you morons believe anyone aside from your fellow NAZIs takes your horseshit seriously? This entire thread is nothing abut Dem NAZI lies.

Seems like you're protesting a bit too much there baby Eichmann!

But really Hawley and the Budding Fascists at GOP central are more like Igor to Dr. Trumpenstein. Who's monster as you saw, tried to eat Congress!

The republicans are thugs, no better than the insurrectionists at the capital and they know it, save a few are decent people. The rest are without principles or ethics.
Projection. Democrats are the thugs. They have turned the FBI, DOJ, and other agencies into their thugs. We see it more everyday.

Except those agencies are, and always have been been, conservative, rightwing organizations. They are also professionals and not trained to lie like Trump and everyone in his orbit is trained to lie.
Sure they have. That is why they helped Obama spy on Trump. They are corrupt and follow orders. Where those orders come from is unclear but those people giving them do not represent the people.

Only Pats' fans should be pilloried derided and have rotten veggies thrown at them. They have to eat something, after all.
Pats fans have a 6 ring protection from caring. Jets got one in 1969.

You cons are amoral and thugs.

President Trump isn't going away. The rinos will. Trump is the people's choice. I hope the Democrats keep going with the fruits, nuts and flakes. The people will get fed up with Democrats really soon.

He will be indicted and be in prison. He is a loser.

They weren't extremists. They were everyday Trump voters.

Now on to the Capitol. Who's with me?

View attachment 461983

The Grand Old Party of Trumpybear
That is fucking pathetic. Do you morons believe anyone aside from your fellow NAZIs takes your horseshit seriously? This entire thread is nothing abut Dem NAZI lies.

Seems like you're protesting a bit too much there baby Eichmann!

But really Hawley and the Budding Fascists at GOP central are more like Igor to Dr. Trumpenstein. Who's monster as you saw, tried to eat Congress!
I am not protesting nearly enough. I just can't get over NAZI vermin like you run around calling Republicans NAZIs. It's the same old Democrat trick of accusing their critics of exactly what they are guilt of.

How is Hawley a fascist, because he disputes the Democrat narrative? You have to know that you're lying because no one could be stupid enough to believe this horseshit.

Sure they have. That is why they helped Obama spy on Trump. They are corrupt and follow orders. Where those orders come from is unclear but those people giving them do not represent the people.
They came from Brennan and Comey.

You cons are amoral and thugs.
Where the hell were you last summer with all the rioting or were one of those who looked the other way until it might be damaging to bird brain Biden. Liberals are two faced thugs.

"I think any entity that orients itself around a personality is going to have challenges," he said. He noted that Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, of the White House in 2020, and of the Senate in 2021 and said "the Republican Party was on a losing trajectory" even before January 6.

Meijer also argued that continuing to promote the lie that the election was stolen from Mr. Trump would only cause further damage.

"As long as those myths, those fictions, those lies persist, we're in for deep, deep problems as a party and as a country," he said, adding that telling Republican voters the 2020 election was rigged would also hurt them electorally. "To me it's so patently, obviously, idiotic political malpractice that I am just at a pure and utter loss at how anyone thinks this is viable longterm strategy to regain the majority or regain the trust of the public that the Republican Party can be a governing entity."

Probably 20% of republicans are Rinos.... we conservatives can spot them a mile away

You left loons defend them because they suit your agenda

They latch onto RINOsaurs like suckerfish.

Probably 20% of republicans are Rinos.... we conservatives can spot them a mile away

You left loons defend them because they suit your agenda

20% of Republicans are Republicans...the other 80% are Qunatics!!!

Forum List

Back