GOP Congressman says trump ruined his legacy on January 6th

"I think any entity that orients itself around a personality is going to have challenges," he said. He noted that Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, of the White House in 2020, and of the Senate in 2021 and said "the Republican Party was on a losing trajectory" even before January 6.

Meijer also argued that continuing to promote the lie that the election was stolen from Mr. Trump would only cause further damage.

"As long as those myths, those fictions, those lies persist, we're in for deep, deep problems as a party and as a country," he said, adding that telling Republican voters the 2020 election was rigged would also hurt them electorally. "To me it's so patently, obviously, idiotic political malpractice that I am just at a pure and utter loss at how anyone thinks this is viable longterm strategy to regain the majority or regain the trust of the public that the Republican Party can be a governing entity."

Of course his detractors will state he was a RINO all along...

Probably 20% of republicans are Rinos.... we conservatives can spot them a mile away

You left loons defend them because they suit your agenda

“left loons”?

Not even close...

We can spot you a mile away also

Keep pushing that canard. Someone has obviously not read all of my posts.

I read more than a few. "Orange Man Bad"

Run along

Considering my politics are similar to Senator Manchin, I would agree that Trump was bad.

Any questions?

Didn't think so...

I said run along, miss that part....left loon

Manchin? Roflmao, you're definitely a loon

"I think any entity that orients itself around a personality is going to have challenges," he said. He noted that Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, of the White House in 2020, and of the Senate in 2021 and said "the Republican Party was on a losing trajectory" even before January 6.

Meijer also argued that continuing to promote the lie that the election was stolen from Mr. Trump would only cause further damage.

"As long as those myths, those fictions, those lies persist, we're in for deep, deep problems as a party and as a country," he said, adding that telling Republican voters the 2020 election was rigged would also hurt them electorally. "To me it's so patently, obviously, idiotic political malpractice that I am just at a pure and utter loss at how anyone thinks this is viable longterm strategy to regain the majority or regain the trust of the public that the Republican Party can be a governing entity."

Probably 20% of republicans are Rinos.... we conservatives can spot them a mile away

“left loons”?

Not even close...

Run along

Considering my politics are similar to Senator Manchin, I would agree that Trump was bad.

Any questions?

Didn't think so...

White flag accepted

Next time don’t pick a fight with someone when all you have is hot air.

:)

“left loons”?

Not even close...

Run along

Any questions?

Didn't think so...

White flag accepted

Next time don’t pick a fight with someone when all you have is hot air.

:)

Manchin is a demoquack you dumbass loon

Too fcking easy

President Trump isn't going away. The rinos will. Trump is the people's choice. I hope the Democrats keep going with the fruits, nuts and flakes. The people will get fed up with Democrats really soon.

They weren't extremists. They were everyday Trump voters.

James Sullivan is not an 'everyday Trump Supporter'.

1614367285903.png

Sullivan is a widely-known Antifa activist and organizer. This ius his police photo after being arrested.

The FBI has reported Sullivan used Twitter and Facebook to organize an Antifa event on 6 Jan.

Sullivan is known for, on multiple occassions, calling for fellow domestic terrorists to 'burn it all down', 'it' being our government.

Sullivan was at the Capitol on 6 Jan and helped instigate the violence, creating the 'mob mentality' that helped turn into the storming of the Capitol.

After Sullivan was arrested he declared that he had done nothing illegal (illegal destruction of govt property, tresspassing on govt property, etc..), that he was just there FILMING THE EVENT.
-- Hmmmm...and WHO was he filming the violence for? More onthat in a minute.

Anti was there.
Antifa did pe-plan violence.
Antifa members did engage in violence.
Antifa members were arrested.

Capitol Police were shown in videos moving barriers to give them access to the Capitol, standing by while windows were smashed and peple poured into the Capitol, and acting as a guide to lead them t oPoliticians' chambers and offices.

The FBI gave advance warning to both the Capitol Police and Pelosi - they did nothing to prevent / protect. Actually, the videos seemed to hsow the Capitol Police were prepared for them, prepared to move barriers, give them access, prepared to guide them once into the Capitol....

Later, after Pelosi coinfessed that the Impeachment was meant to eliminate Trump as a threat to the Democrat party in 2024 and beyond, during the Impeachment Trial....the video terrorist Antifa member and violence instigator James Sullivan had filmed that day - 6 Jan, when he illegally entered the Capitol to film a video - THAT VIDEO ENDED UP IN THE HANDS OF SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI. PELOSI AND 'FANG FANG' SWALWELL USED A DOMESTIC TERRORIST ILLEGALLY FILMED VIDEO as evidence against President Trump.

I would love to have all of Pelosi's communications (Twitter, Facebook, Messenger, Texts, e-mails, phone calls, etc...) to check for any communication with James Sullivan prior to 6 january. I would bet there was a discussion or two.

Naw....trump has always been known as a racist and an Incompetent. All January did was confirm he is a souless slug. Perfect for the GOPQ.

Now he will be labeled at a RINO and the bully named trump will come after him...for speaking the truth.
You can add his name to the list of Republican House members who will get primaried in 2022.

Trump was never called a racist until he announced he was running for the nomination in 2016.

All your post did is confirm that you're a sleazy lying NAZI.

You would think being a serial liar about a stolen election would be enough to “tarnish your legacy” but apparently that does not meet the tarnish threshold for Republicans, you also have to have the first non peaceful transfer of power in American history to qualify.
Since when have Dem Reich minions cared about Joe Biden's lying?

“left loons”?

Not even close...

I've read enough. You're a sleazy lying NAZI Party minion.

“left loons”?

Not even close...

I've read enough. You're a sleazy lying NAZI Party minion.

Says the one with the lead Nazi in the post...

Naw....trump has always been known as a racist and an Incompetent. All January did was confirm he is a souless slug. Perfect for the GOPQ.

Now he will be labeled at a RINO and the bully named trump will come after him...for speaking the truth.
I love the sound of crying RINOs.

The republicans are thugs, no better than the insurrectionists at the capital and they know it, save a few are decent people. The rest are without principles or ethics.
Projection. Democrats are the thugs. They have turned the FBI, DOJ, and other agencies into their thugs. We see it more everyday.

Except those agencies are, and always have been been, conservative, rightwing organizations. They are also professionals and not trained to lie like Trump and everyone in his orbit is trained to lie.

Forum List

Back