GOP Congressman says trump ruined his legacy on January 6th

"I think any entity that orients itself around a personality is going to have challenges," he said. He noted that Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, of the White House in 2020, and of the Senate in 2021 and said "the Republican Party was on a losing trajectory" even before January 6.

Meijer also argued that continuing to promote the lie that the election was stolen from Mr. Trump would only cause further damage.

"As long as those myths, those fictions, those lies persist, we're in for deep, deep problems as a party and as a country," he said, adding that telling Republican voters the 2020 election was rigged would also hurt them electorally. "To me it's so patently, obviously, idiotic political malpractice that I am just at a pure and utter loss at how anyone thinks this is viable longterm strategy to regain the majority or regain the trust of the public that the Republican Party can be a governing entity."

Of course his detractors will state he was a RINO all along...

Probably 20% of republicans are Rinos.... we conservatives can spot them a mile away

You left loons defend them because they suit your agenda

20% of Republicans are Republicans...the other 80% are Qunatics!!!
100% of Democrats are lying NAZI scumbags.

I just can't get over NAZI vermin like you run around calling Republicans NAZIs.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round......."

How is Hawley a fascist,

He was and avid supported of the Big Lie and encouraged the action of the Mob. Fascism American Style! POS!

The big lie is that the election was free and fair. Hawley did nothing to encourage any mob.

You know what a sure sign of fascism is? Trying to shut up the people who criticize you. Who does that sound like, NAZI? Who sent a letter to the various cable providers making vague threats that the government will shut them down if they continue to carry One America News, World Net Daily and FOX? Can you name any recent event more fascist than that?

Last edited:
I forget, but is the poster above the same poster who offered diagnosis of dementia by her observation of edited internet videos?

I ask only to determine bona fides.
.......................................................................................................................
Anyway, the poster asserts "Michigan is a hot mess".
How so?
In what way?
How would the poster know?
Can she cite credible sources?

Naw....trump has always been known as a racist and an Incompetent. All January did was confirm he is a souless slug. Perfect for the GOPQ.

Now he will be labeled at a RINO and the bully named trump will come after him...for speaking the truth.

The party that hates "cancel culture" will censure him and run a trump follower in the primary against him in the next election.

trump's enemy list sure is getting long. He has a lot of people to get revenge on.

What he doesn't realize is that he sees his worst enemy when he looks in a mirror.

"I think any entity that orients itself around a personality is going to have challenges," he said. He noted that Republicans lost control of the House in 2018, of the White House in 2020, and of the Senate in 2021 and said "the Republican Party was on a losing trajectory" even before January 6.

Meijer also argued that continuing to promote the lie that the election was stolen from Mr. Trump would only cause further damage.

"As long as those myths, those fictions, those lies persist, we're in for deep, deep problems as a party and as a country," he said, adding that telling Republican voters the 2020 election was rigged would also hurt them electorally. "To me it's so patently, obviously, idiotic political malpractice that I am just at a pure and utter loss at how anyone thinks this is viable longterm strategy to regain the majority or regain the trust of the public that the Republican Party can be a governing entity."

Probably 20% of republicans are Rinos.... we conservatives can spot them a mile away

“left loons”?

Not even close...

We can spot you a mile away also
You really are that stupid...aren't you?

Yes.

“left loons”?

Not even close...

Keep pushing that canard. Someone has obviously not read all of my posts.
I've read enough. You're a sleazy lying NAZI Party minion.

Says the one with the lead Nazi in the post...
Biden is the "lead NAZI.' you lying asshole. He's the Democrat Reich Fuhrer.

I just can't get over NAZI vermin like you run around calling Republicans NAZIs.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round......."

How is Hawley a fascist,

He was and avid supported of the Big Lie and encouraged the action of the Mob. Fascism American Style! POS!

The big lie is that the election was free and fair. Hawley did nothing to encourage any mob.

You know what a sure sign of fascism is? Trying to shut up the people who criticize you. Who does that sound like, NAZI? Who sent a letter to the various cable providers making vague threats that the government will shut them down if they continue to carry One America News, World Net Daily and FOX? Can you name any recent event more fascist than that?
Cheney and Romney come to mind!! and anyone that does kiss tramp feet.

Naw....trump has always been known as a racist and an Incompetent. All January did was confirm he is a souless slug. Perfect for the GOPQ.

Now he will be labeled at a RINO and the bully named trump will come after him...for speaking the truth.
Let's see what steps Nancy took to secure the Capitol

jmo, the only real negative for the gop will be that there is now a litmus test: was the election stolen? The complaints that votes were stolen or fabricated are bs. The actual substance was that the dems were better able to use mail in voting in REPUBLICAN states. So every goper candidate will have to begin a campaign by telling a demonstrable lie. If not for that litmus test, imo the gop could slough off blame for an attempted coup on the Proud Boys and Antifa. But instead, every dem will have surrogates "and that's the lie and here's the damage it caused."

But I also think that after 2022, Republicans can just say "I'm not relitigating the 2020 election."
The election was the world's biggest swindle.

And of story.

“left loons”?

Not even close...

Keep pushing that canard. Someone has obviously not read all of my posts.
I've read enough. You're a sleazy lying NAZI Party minion.

Says the one with the lead Nazi in the post...
Biden is the "lead NAZI.' you lying asshole. He's the Democrat Reich Fuhrer.

jmo, the only real negative for the gop will be that there is now a litmus test: was the election stolen? The complaints that votes were stolen or fabricated are bs. The actual substance was that the dems were better able to use mail in voting in REPUBLICAN states. So every goper candidate will have to begin a campaign by telling a demonstrable lie. If not for that litmus test, imo the gop could slough off blame for an attempted coup on the Proud Boys and Antifa. But instead, every dem will have surrogates "and that's the lie and here's the damage it caused."

But I also think that after 2022, Republicans can just say "I'm not relitigating the 2020 election."

And of story.

Link?

It would be nice if that were true....but the Orange Qultists are all in with their worship of their Orange god no matter what.

And of story.
"And of story"...... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Something to ponder on.
154482523_3718013198246521_6709520430163352088_n.jpg

It would be nice if that were true....but the Orange Qultists are all in with their worship of their Orange god no matter what.
Hopefully he runs in 2024. Biden and Harris will make sure he wins!

New Topics

Forum List

Back